35. Deep Brunette Hair with Caramel Balayage. Brown hair color is the new black nowadays. Brown has confidently entered our wardrobes this season and couldn’t pass by hair color trends. Those sophisticated brown balayages are so inspiring!
If you haven’t tried going brunette yet, it is time to make a change in favor of brown hair. Or in case you are a proud owner of a dark chocolate mane, after looking through these awesome ideas for a makeover, you will absolutely want to kick it up a notch. Spark some color with highlights, look glam with balayage or feel cute and cozy with ashy mushroom brown hair.
Choose a brunette hairstyle from this gallery and make it yours today!
1. Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights. So subtle and sweet, this easy to maintain style will effortlessly breathe some life into your hair. Style it with chunky curls for a truly sultry feel.
2. Glossy Dark Hair with Highlights. An almost black shade gets the volume and extra dimension from chaotic bright reddish strokes that complete this beautiful brown hair color.
3. Extravagant Dark Chocolate Brown. A mesmerizing shade of rich dark chocolate can leave anyone speechless. Barely noticeable traces of red highlights make sure every angle is your best angle, especially under the sun.
4. Brunette Hair with Copper Brown Streaks. Simple and beautiful. Copper shades are great for anyone who wants to start their transformation from something volume-boosting.
5. Alluring Dark Brown Hair with Highlights. To refresh dark brown hair, add some warm highlights in chocolate or copper shades concentrating on the lengths and ends. For a more romantic look, curl the lengths. The soft waves bring extra volume to enhance the shine and depth of different brown shades.
6. Brown Shade for Fine Hair. Subtle highlights or lowlights are perfect for dark hair. Add just enough color, while keeping the hair safe and healthy.
7. Brown Hair in a Cocoa Hue. Warm and fuzzy, cocoa makes you think of hot drinks by the fireplace, but it’s also one of the best shades of brown! It’s ideal for fair-skinned people but generally works for everyone!
8. Brunette and Caramel Brown Hair. Lacing brunette hair with light brown pieces creates a match made in heaven. Check how the radiance of these chunky caramel highlights resonates perfectly with her warm skin tone.
9. Rich Chocolate Hair Color. When we think of a perfect brown shade, we want to imagine something like this. Voluminous, thanks to caramel babylights woven throughout, you and your new style will absolutely become the center of attention.
10. Gorgeous Brunette Hair with Sun-Kissed Effect. The long brunette hair looks classy thanks to the numerous lifted strands. This hair color creates the after-beach look of the hair naturally kissed by the sun. Romantic beach waves pump up the volume.
11. Glossy Medium Brown Hair. Boost the beauty and shine of your long hair by adding a warm cacao tone for a very gentle color change finished off with natural lowlights. Complete the cozy look with lightweight curls and tousle them with your fingers.
12. Espresso Brown Hair with Chocolate Highlights. To get the look, tone the hair with a deep espresso brown color first, and then add some warm milk chocolate touches. Remember to lift several thick face-framing strands and style them in soft waves to complete a lightweight look.
13. Honey Brown Hair Color. A cute solution for ladies with cooler skin undertones. Go lighter near the face to accentuate your features.
14. Fancy Brown Hair Color. To amp up your brown hair, add different brown shades through the lengths. Set off the dark roots with lighter brown strands. Do not lift the color too much for a natural look and glamorous shine.
15. Brunette Hair with Caramel Highlights. A balayage done by a professional hairstylist creates a natural contrast on your hair and vibrance that’s perfect for any age and style!
16. Red-Carpet Long Brown Hair. The long brunette hair looks fabulous with the highlighted strands varying from deep brown to mild latte. Color small pieces of hair using different brown shades and complete the look with classy Hollywood waves.
17. Brown Lob Hair. A splash of sparkling amber highlights on a soft havana brown base yields this amazing dusky brown hair. Her short brown hair really looks cute and soft.
18. Long Wavy Brown Hair. Long brown hair does look really good on women of all age groups. A generous bunch of light brown highlights will make your wavy hair take on a mesmerizing dimension. The cascade of sun-kissed ripple-like waves gives a fascinating vibe to this brown hair.
19. Stunning Mix of Dark Hair Colors. Darker shades of brown can also make a breath-taking look. Tone the hair with espresso-brown and color several strands milk chocolate to get the gorgeous deep color flow and a boost of shine. Create some big waves for extra volume.
20. Medium Highlighted Auburn Brown Hair. This brunette hair is so rich and lovely that we just want to run our fingers through it! The combination of dark golden brown and light auburn offers a beautiful blend you can try out on your next salon appointment if you really like warm reddish hair tones.
21. Brown Hair with Bronze Highlights. Try something a little more complex with dustier shades of brown. Added bronze highlights will pop once you curl your hair!
22. Glossy Brunette Hair. Dark hair colors such as this dark chocolate brown hair naturally appear voluminous and luxuriant. Add honey-hued highlights and finish up with a good quality hairspray for a knockout-gorgeous appearance.
23. Dark Brown Hair Color with Babylights. Whether you don’t want to commit to loud highlights or it’s a no-no at your school or workplace, you can still add accents to your hair color. Babylights are highlights that are turned way down and are perfect for your situation!
24. Dark Cocoa Flamboyage. Want a hair color transformation but not yet confident about it? Don’t worry! You can always try a sombre or a flamboyage that is just enough for peek-a-boo highlights.
25. V-Cut Brown Hair. You can count on a V haircut to give your hair that compelling “look-at-me” vibe. The stripe-y feel of honey highlights on espresso brown mane will enhance the attractiveness of your dark hair.
26. Sun-Kissed Brown Hair. Dreaming of brunette hair that would have both movement and texture? Your dream comes alive with this million-dollar brown hair. A balayage in a warm light brown shade delivers that sunny shine to your hair.
27. Face-Framing Bronze Highlights. For a creative yet subtle change of your brown hair, add some warm highlights around your face, such as honey, golden, or bronze. Style your hair with flipped-up layers for more volume.
28. Playful Light Brown Strands. The medium-length brown hair gains a refreshed look with those small light brown strands. Lift the color visibly on the strands that frame the fame and curl the hair into some playful waves for a glamorous and youthful appearance.
29. Magic Brown Hair Transformation. O-M-G! Have you noticed what that brown hair color did to her complexion? Talk of your hair color making a splash! The brown hair color sure looks fabulous on her. Do you also see that the brown hair appears much fuller?
30. Chocolate Cherry Hair Color. Deep and mysterious, the color that says “Anything for you!” and even more. The glossy dark cherry for ladies who know what they want.
31. Dark Brown Hair with Highlights. Deeper shades of brown revealed from a different angle. Face-framing caramel highlights look particularly cute with some light waves in your hair!
32. Light Brunette Hair with Copper Tones. Hands down, this sensual and warming, copper-rich balayage color should be on your list of hair colors to try.
33. Dark Browns with Rusty Balayage. Just as we’ve mentioned, rich browns and punchy reds are a match made in heaven that works for all skin tones!
34. Red and Deep Brown Balayage. Another fantastic way to style your tempting brunette layers. Bring out the best in your balayage hair with soft beachy waves.
35. Ash Brown Hair Color. An absolutely stunning trend of the previous year that’s still very much alive. Warm and peachy skinned girls, you won’t regret going ashy!
36. Chestnut Hair. A rich, flavored color that shines in the hair and enhances brown and hazel eyes. Gets even better when styled with loose, chunky curls.
37. Dark Brown Hair in Chestnut Tones. If your skin has peachy or pink undertones, adding red-brown to your hair in highlights will complement your skin the best. As an alternative, you can use chestnut color as a one-fits-all solution.
38. Brown Hair Color in Copper Tones. For a softer look and overall gentler feel, add some lighter hues to your brown hair. The medium copper-brown is perfect for those with warm and fair skin tones.
39. Chunky Caramel Balayage Highlights. Think of gooey caramel meeting dark spiced rum. Such a beautiful combo that instantly gives volume and spark to brown hair.
40. Walnut Brown Hair Color Shade. Feel a little closer to Jessica Alba with walnut brown balayage highlights. It looks so natural; you’ll forget you dyed it in the first place!
41. Burgundy Brown Short Hair. A rather reserved, but still full of vivid tones of red and dark burgundy, this color can be life-changing for our older ladies.
42. Dusty Brown Color. Serene shades of brown with mixed in bronze tones are pure joy. If you wish to look your best with a style that says “just woke up”, here’s what you need.
43. Tender Natural Brunette Waves. If you love your dark hair but want a mini update, pick some thick strands around the face and color them a lighter shade of brown. The color perfectly emphasizes darker skin tones or tan.
44. 3D Brunette Hairstyle. A chameleon style that anyone, including you, won’t be able to take their eyes off. Blueish hues with almost black roots meet a broad range of browns and caramel that create a multidimensional feel.
45. Classy Brunette Look. To show off the beauty and shine of naturally brunette hair, add light brown accents to the lengths and ends, avoiding the roots. Lift the midshaft slightly for a sun-kissed effect and lightweight appearance.
46. Dark Brown with Chocolate and Chestnut. A truly majestic color combination for a feisty lady that loves rocking those warm chestnut and choco tones.
47. Dark Brown Hair with Copper Highlights. The different shades of warm brown complement your naturally dark hair and make the additional color pop, giving the style more dimension. Tousle and curl it for a voluminous look, and you’ll always be runway-ready!
48. Cinnamon Hair Color. Brown hues at the top with feisty reds and copper through the length will definitely help you make whichever statement you’re looking to make.
49. Chocolate Brown Hair. Such a warm and cozy color! To reach a natural brown hair look, you should definitely show this style to your hairdresser.
50. Chocolate Brown Hair Color Idea. A seductive blend of roasted coffee and dried cranberries – that’s how we’d describe this noble color.
It’s a widely held belief that blondes have more fun, but after this imposing list of truly magnetizing browns, caramels, and reds, we’d like to open up a dispute regarding brown hair. We know for a fact how joyous the life of a brunette can be and hope that these exciting, rich colors have stirred up your interest in brunette hair shades too!