What are the best hairstyles for big noses?
Need hairstyles for a prominent nose… What pair works best – short hair and a big nose, or long hair and a big nose? Or medium styles, as my friend says? Maybe there is a secret list of the “best hair colors for big noses”? Would be grateful for advice!
It’s a pity that you didn’t mention what face shape you have so that we could give advice on an ideal haircut for you personally. Nevertheless, below you’ll find the best hair ideas for all face shapes and choose the most appropriate one, depending on your hair length and personal preferences.
1. Short Haircuts. Try to avoid too short and straight haircuts like pixies, because they’ll only emphasize the features of your face. If you want short hair, opt for a textured bob cut. Side parts work great, as well as asymmetry and layering.
2. Bob Haircut. A messy or layered bob will visually make your nose smaller. When choosing a haircut, also consider your body type – a graduated bob flatters a curvy figure, while a shoulder-length hairstyle with light waves better suits a fragile and thin girl.
3. Layered Haircut. This cut will correctly place accents on lips and eyes, thus making a prominent nose almost unnoticeable. Due to the voluminous and multi-level structure, it’ll make any face more attractive and mysterious, and smoothly hide any defects.
4. Bangs. Long voluminous bangs will allow you to wear any stylish haircut and make your nose visually more delicate. Experiment with the shape: choose side-swept, layered or curtain bangs. But better avoid short or blunt bangs, as they’ll emphasize your nose even more.
5. Side Bangs. For a high forehead and a big nose, a hairstyle with side-swept bangs will become a perfect option, as it will create the necessary asymmetry as well as hide the upper part of the face.
6. Teased Hairstyle. You can also divert attention from your wide nose by putting your hair back. To make it right, divide your hair into strands, curl them slightly and separate them with your fingers for a more natural look, and then lightly tease your hair on the back of the head. After this, you can make a high pony or a messy bun, leaving out a couple of strands to fall down on your face.
7. Face-Framing and Volume. If your nose is long and sharp, try to avoid tight sleek ponytails and give preference to hairstyles with delicate locks that will slightly cover and frame the face.
8. Curls. Textured and voluminous strands will make your look more vibrant and playful as well as distract from your prominent nose. In this case, it won’t remain the only outstanding part of the face but will be balanced out with a beautiful hairdo. Curls and large waves (especially with one side pinned back) will create an ideal effect.
9. Beneficial Coloring. It’s important to know that solid hair colors attract more attention to the center of the face and, therefore, to the nose. Try to make a stylish coloring, something like highlights, so that your hair can glow with different shades, reflecting the sun.
10. Light Hair Colors. Remember that the best options for coloring will be the light shades, such as ashen, light brown, and wheat blonde. They’ll make facial features look softer and gentler, while dark colors will sharply and explicitly outline the face, by focusing on certain features.
These simple tips will help you create the right hairstyle and achieve the desired effect!Featured Image: Asierromero / Freepik.com