40 Dirty Blonde Hair Color Styles Anyone Can Pull Off
As seen on Instagram, dirty blonde hair becomes one of the hottest styles that girls ask colorists for in 2021. It’s versatile and looks good on pretty much anyone. Besides, if you’re a brunette on a color-changing journey, this shade is perfect to help you go lighter without causing any damage. In case you’re looking for blonde hair ideas to maintain your gorgeous locks or search a quick makeover, we’ve got you covered too.
Start your dirty blonde hair transformation with one of the awesome ideas we put together in this crafty list of hairstyles!
1. Long Dirty Blonde Hair. Enjoy the volume and depth without compromising the lightness of your locks, all thanks to the platinum highlights. Don’t forget to use a purple shampoo for blonde dyed hair to keep brass away!
2. Dirty Blonde Hair with Highlights. Fool everyone into believing you’ve spent all your summer glazing under the sun with this beach-worthy hairstyle. It’s pretty adjustable, as you decide for yourself how much of your hair you want to be highlighted.
3. Light Dirty Blonde Hair. The amazing sun-kissed flair that this hairstyle brings will excite everyone the second you enter the room! It works great on dyed hair or can give your natural blonde the fancy take it needs.
4. Dirty Blonde Hair Dye for Blue Eyes. To highlight your sparkly blue eyes, you should go a few tones lighter around the face. Money pieces will help your features to stand out naturally!
5. Dirty Strawberry Blonde Hair Balayage. Let your fierce lion nature out to play with a sassy shade of strawberry blonde. Add money pieces and ask to style your long locks in loose chunky curls for the voluminous touch.
6. Dirty Blonde Hair with Lowlights. Another sweet option if you’re getting ready for a vacation or want to look as if you’ve recently got back from one. Many delicate lowlights and some texturizing spray will easily deliver that straight-from-the-beach look.
7. Dirty Blonde Shoulder Length Hair. Enjoy the playful nature of the warm dirty blonde hair color and stay in your brown color without big changes! Try rocking loose waves with this style for an effortless beachy look.
8. Dirty Blonde Hair with Balayage. For a sophisticated long hairstyle, get a sun-kissed look that brings together a dark dishwater blonde hair tone and lighter blonde highlights.
9. Dirty Blonde Hair with Platinum Highlights. Express yourself with the maximum dimension! It’s easily achieved with chunks of platinum highlights all over your head. Don’t forget to use hair care products to maintain this color!
10. Dirty Dishwater Blonde Hair in a Bob. Feel absolutely stunning with this killer color combination. Get the lightless from chunks of platinum blonde, while the depth and definition come from the darker dishwater blonde underlayer.
11. Balayage on Dirty Blonde Hair. A perfect fit for our brunettes who want to go a few tones lighter. Highlight the warmth of your hair and skin with a delicate touch of dishwater blonde.
12. Glamorous Shimmery Curls. An artistic blend of dirty blonde highlights interwoven with a brown and sandy blonde base creates an alluring balayage hair. Revitalize your hair ends with a choppy finish. See how the hair flows freely and effortlessly.
13. Dirty Blonde with Pink Tips. Bring back the days of Avril Lavigne and feel those punk vibes with the cool eye-catching bright pink ends. They will look absolutely dashing on long hair styled with defined curls.
14. Light Dirty Blonde Bob. This shaggy bob brings together so many gorgeous elements culminating into stylishly messy dirty blonde hair that leaves you glowing. You can style your thick waves differently to suit your every occasion. There are many options from a center part to a side-part and comb-over.
15. Dark Dirty Blonde Hair. A chic shoulder-length cut with dark roots and lighter grayish blonde lengths. Now you can rest from frequent touch ups. This dirty blonde ‘do features the shades that give you a warmer, more natural hair color. Try a center part to highlight your face and complement your skin tone.
16. Long Dirty Blonde Hair Balayage. There is so much you can do with your long brown hair. Why not highlight it with a dirty blonde hair dye. Add chunky highlights with blonde money pieces for elegant warmer tones around the face. Finish it off by giving your light blonde-colored tips a razor-trim.
17. Long Messy Dirty Blonde Ombre Hair. You can select a long haircut with a natural-looking balayage delivering a fresh, new look. Have the best of both worlds with darker shades at the roots and a gentle gradient of lighter dishwater blonde tones down to the ends. Add depth to your fine hair with dimensional highlights and messy waves.
18. Elegant Ash Blonde Textured Lob. Refresh your style with an elegant lob cut. To elevate the look and add volume, try a light dishwater blonde balayage. Opt for trendy face-framing pieces hanging on either side of your face.
19. Feminine Mid-Length Dirty Blonde Hairstyle. An amazing subtle yet eye-catching hairstyle for dirty blonde curly hair. Pushing your hair back and teasing the crown gives you a sleek, pronounced style. This fun and gorgeous hairdo is easy to maintain and style.
20. Stunning Ash Dirty Blonde Hair. Make a statement by adding a subtle color. You can get creative with this dark dirty blonde hair that complements your skin tone. The hair color solution is also great for those who start having gray hairs.
21. Charming Mousy Blonde Hair. Here’s a cool color idea for women who love soft, feminine looks. Blending your natural ashy light brown hair with a contrasting warm hair dye is worth the effort.
22. Bright Dirty Blonde Hairstyle in Two Lengths. You don’t have to commit to one dirty blonde style. The options are endless. Show off your long hair in platinum and leave just the roots dirty blonde. In a while you can also present a chop with lowlights. Get short dirty blonde hair in a warmer sandy color for a new season.
23. Balayage on Dirty Blonde Hair. Let your perfectly styled long waves shine. The classy balayage complements your hair giving it the lift and freshness it needs with a natural soft tone. Flawless hair for you if you want to flaunt your gorgeous waves.
24. Sleek Silvery Blonde Hair. For a professional work of art, ask your stylist to add an edge to your hair color with this shimmery balayage. The dirty blonde hair with silver highlights can be completed with a textured cut and bent waves.
25. High-Contrast Dirty Blonde Hair with Highlights. You can choose to bleach pieces of your hair to enhance your natural dark blonde hair color. Try these white-blonde highlights coupled with contrasting roots for a more textured appearance. The flowing gorgeous thick curls with chunky bright pieces throughout capture your attention and you can’t help but admire this awesome dye job.
26. Dirty Blonde Money Pieces and Highlights. Check the depth and dimension highlights bring to your overall look. There is so much you can do with your long dark brown hair. Get a delicate balayage in bright dirty blonde shades for a soft, natural appearance.
27. Deep Dirty Blonde Hair with Blonde Highlights. Do you want an update for your darker hair? Get a new haircut; go short with this layered messy inverted bob. Add some upbeat light-colored highlights to the front and tips of your hair. The result is this trendy dirty blonde coolness.
28. Perfect Platinum Blonde Waves. A true work of hair genius, this dirty blonde balayage gives off a soft, natural allure. Blonde highlights start closer to the roots and cascade down in a more pronounced intensity. The dark dirty blonde base pairs well with those bright blonde tones. This is a low-maintenance hairstyle that will make you stand out!
29. Delicate Natural Dirty Blonde Hair. If you want to try a more natural, soft dirty blonde look, you can opt for this less pronounced shade. Get a smooth, elegant hair appeal with gentle curls that bring your hair ends together.
30. Teasy Lights with a Heavy Face Frame. If you are looking for a twist on a traditional ombre style, then this meticulously created blend of a dirty blonde base and contrasting highlights is the hairdo for you. The waves are so delicately formed in the middle with straighter roots and ends!
31. Dirty Blonde and Front Icy Highlights. For a hairdo that stands out, add vivid icy blonde money pieces to your dirty blonde hair color. Money pieces brighten your face and your whole look. With proper shades they do wonders.
32. Short Dirty Blonde Hair. Add some subtle lightness to your neck-length bob with a muted ashy blonde balayage. It stretches nicely on the short hair, while also gently framing your face.
33. Dark Dirty Blonde with Golden Streaks. Stuck searching dirty blonde hair color ideas to suit your hazel eyes? This shade of blonde features beautiful warm tones and will easily complement most skin tones and eye colors. Just spice up your dishwater blonde hair with golden highlights flattering your complexion and you’ll be fine.
34. Dirty Blonde Curly Hair. Bring out the volume and dimension of your natural or perm curls by defining them with highlighted tips! “Flawless” is your middle name.
35. Dirty Ash Balayage with Silver Highlights. An undeniably mesmerizing shade for edgy long-haired girls. Embrace silver highlights woven into your dark ash blonde hair.
36. Dirty Blonde Ombre Idea. Soft brown washed into delicate butterscotch blonde tips – what can be better when you’re at the beginning of your color-changing journey?
37. Dirty Blonde Hair with Bangs. Bring the rebellious 80’s flair with voluminous bangs and a dusty dirty blonde balayage. Imagine how well it will complement your fair skin and light-colored eyes!
38. Dirty Bronde Hair. Define pieces of your hair with accentuated honey blonde highlights to make it feel like a delicious mix of dark and white chocolate!
39. Dirty Ash Blonde Hair in Mauve. Try something different with a purple-ish shade of dirty blonde. It is both elegant and feisty, making it easy to style for any occasion.
40. Dirty Blonde with Purple Tips. Another fancy coloring idea if you want to try something different with your hair. Experiment with various shades of purple or see how your hair will look with red highlights or with blue tips. There’s a ton of options!
Who would say dirty blonde hair isn’t flawless after seeing how absolutely customizable, chameleon-like it is! We love it for its universal nature and the way it suits just about any skin tone and hair texture. You can easily bring more dimension and depth to your blonde hair with highlights and lowlights, or soften very dark hair with ashy light brown highlights. The point is, there’s so much room to experiment with dirty blonde hair and no matter whether you’ve got long or short, curly or straight hair, there’s totally a style for you.