30 Exciting Black Hair with Highlights Ideas
After you’ve been through just about every popular hair color, going for a seductive black hairstyle with highlights might be your best next move. When chosen correctly, it suits any hair structure, most skin tones, and fits most occasions too. What’s not to love?
Sit tight, as after you go through these 30 black hair with highlights ideas, you’ll probably want to rush your next salon appointment!
1. Black Hair with Peekaboo Highlights. These lovely subtle accents in the raven-black mane will easily satisfy an edgy girl with a soft side buried deep down.
2. Black Hair with Bright Red Highlights. Red and black are an absolute banger of a match, so if you’re after a color combo to show off your fierce side, that’s your cue.
3. Black Hair with Brown Highlights. When you don’t really want to stand out much, black hair color with highlights in brown shades will look soft and with just enough color dimension.
4. Rainbow Highlights on Dark Hair. People won’t be able to take their eyes off you once you go rainbow. It will take a while and be pretty costly, but the result is so worth the wait.
5. Black Hair with Plum Highlights. This plum shade is a brilliant go-to for when you want a pop of color in your dark hair. Black roots and shaggy plum hair streaks are just what the doctor ordered.
6. Black and Blonde Hair Highlights. One of the best options for older ladies who prefer their hair darker. It’s a loophole for keeping gray hairs invisible thanks to the wide stripes of blonde highlights!
7. Short Black Hair with Highlights. Dark reds, blues, and purples are hands down everyone’s favorite shades for a balayage on black hair. Those colors just effortlessly add a certain magical whimsy!
8. Black Ombre Hair with Blue Highlights. A true mermaid look with mysterious sapphire shades is any girl’s dream. When it looks as alluring as the solution right here, it’s impossible not to want it!
10. Short Black Hair with Blonde Highlights. Dark blonde ribbons will make any brunette bob appear twice as playful; you just have to give it a try!
11. Long Hair with Highlights. While having long hair certainly leaves huge room for playing with colors, a subtle rose gold balayage will surely be one of the prettiest refreshing touches for your look.
12. Black Hair with Pink Highlights. Add some color to your rock-n-roll chic and soften up your stylish looks with a couple of hidden pink tresses!
13. Raven Black Hair with Gray Highlights. Silver and gray shades are a godsend for black hair. They take your dark-haired mane to a whole new level with their iciness!
14. Black Hair with Orange Highlights. Make your fair complexion pop with brighter than fire orange highlights for black hair!
15. Dark Black Hair with Highlights in Auburn. An in-between shade of light brown and auburn will look very well with your fair skin and naturally dark roots!
16. Dark Hair with Wine Highlights. Play with the intensity of wine shades and purples to achieve this truly mesmerizing and dazzling color. A bright face frame will complement your eyes and fair skin nicely.
17. Dark Hair with Highlights in a Bob Cut. Take a few years off with a bouncy cut and a couple of random frisky light brown highlights.
18. Black Curly Hair with Highlights. Keep every curl on your head distinct with light malt accents! A pretty option for difficult-to-manage hair.
19. Dark Hair with Purple Highlights. Ease into a total color burst by trying a full head of purple highlights. Style your hair in bent waves to let the darker underlayer peek through the bright lengths.
20. Long Black Hair with White Highlights. Give your ends a blonde makeover. Add a pink toner for a muted lavender shade!
21. Dark Brunette Hair with Rainbow Highlights Underneath. A peek-a-boo layer of rainbow highlights is just what you need to brighten up your daily routine and wow everyone around you.
22. Shoulder-Length Black Hair with Brown Highlights. Light shades of brown effortlessly bring out the warmth in your skin tone, especially with a couple of chunky face-framing locks.
23. Black Hair with Blonde Highlights. If you want a style that’s in between a “skater girl” and a “beach bum,” you can definitely adapt this one here.
24. Jet Black Hair with Green Highlights. Edgy, seductive, utterly luscious. Get the goth Queen look if you want the best compliments to your palest complexion.
25. Medium Length Black Hair with Highlights. Try subtle light brown highlights with icy shades as money pieces, if it’s time for a change and you still want to keep it low-maintenance.
26. Dark Black Hair with Cherry Red Highlights. An almost neon shade of cherry red will beautifully compliment your skin and give you the fierce look you’ve always dreamt of.
27. Light Black Hair with Highlights. Is it blonde with black or the other way around? Only you can tell while keeping others guessing.
28. Black Locks with Yellow Highlights. Show everyone how “busy as a bee” you are – a color match that looks cute and shows you can sting too!
29. Black with Lilac Highlights. A benefit of slightly lightened black hair is the beautiful toned-down effect you get. Would you consider this delicate muted lavender balayage?
30. Long Black Hair with Highlights. The juicy pink balayage definitely oozes romance and fancy flair. A slow stretch from the pitch-black crown to vivid burgundy and bright pastels through the lengths will totally get heads turning.
Among the many great ways to freshen up and bring an edge, getting black hair with highlights is, for sure, one of the coolest options. We really hope this gallery full of awesome ideas has inspired you for your next hair color appointment!