50 Most Flattering Hairstyles for Thick Hair
Thick hair has long been one of the most desirable attributes – and many women would give anything to have thick, voluminous tresses like yours. Embrace your mane while making it more manageable with these super flattering haircuts for thick hair of any length and texture!
Having a hairstyle that suits your hair type, face shape and complexion is truly the key to owning your style. It’ll make you feel confident and highlight your best features while minimizing the time you spend taking care of your thick locks.
And now we have compiled a list of the most flattering hairstyles for thick hair! Get ready to find your ideal cut – maybe even a few. After all, thick hair is versatile and can be turned into a variety of stunning looks!
1. Short Layered Pixie. Thinking of cutting your locks very short? Well, we fully support your choice! Not only are short hair cuts easy to manage, but they’re super sophisticated, too.
2. Textured Balayage Bob for Thick Hair. If you’d rather go for a short to medium length, why not experiment with a beautifully textured balayage hairstyle? The color adds incredible depth and dimension, and the cut creates plenty of movement.
3. Natural Waves for Thick Hair. Dealing with thick coarse hair can be tricky – but finding the right hairstyle will help. These natural-looking waves work wonders in shaping your thick hair into perfection. And remember – a smoothing serum goes a long way.
4. Warm Balayage. Adding warm caramel tones to brown hair is ideal for warming up the look – and creating a super dynamic hairstyle.
5. Short Graduated Bob. Embrace your thick, straight hair with this flattering graduated short bob!
6. Dark Chocolate Hair. No matter how obsessed we are with unicorn hair, dark brown shades will never go out of style! Haircuts for thick hair look great with razored ends to subtly reduce weight and volume.
7. Fiery Multidimensional Bob. Add a touch of fire to your shoulder length hair for a unique look that’ll turn heads!
8. Beachy Blonde Waves. A beautiful balayage comes to life when combined with beachy waves!
9. Dimensional Brunette. Brunette meets blonde! To add intrigue to brown hair, go for a beautiful blonde balayage. It’s a stunning look that’s elegant and easy to maintain.
10. Beautiful Layers. Ah, aren’t these luscious locks simply gorgeous? Remember that layered haircuts are a fantastic way to shape long hair, and reduce some of the volume and thickness.
11. Medium Straight Hairstyle. Got naturally thick straight hair? Then medium haircuts are the way to go. You’ll enjoy some subtle volume without it looking too overwhelming.
12. Soft Textured Bob. Spice up the classic bob with delicate razored ends for a softer finish.
13. Gorgeous Multi-Layered Hairstyle. We love long luscious locks, but styling it can be a real challenge. That’s why adding layers is an ideal solution for long thick hair. It builds shape, and makes it easier to deal with.
14. Tousled Blonde. Here’s a summer-inspired look that’s perfect for any season! Tousled blonde waves create an effortlessly cool hairstyle.
15. Silver Textured Bob. Silver hair has been dominating in the trends for a while now – and it will continue to do so! Add urban sophistication to your thick medium length hair with silver shades and tousled waves.
16. Face-Framing Layers. When we think of the best hairstyles for thick hair, an image of long straight hair almost immediately pops into our mind. Upgrade it with face-framing bangs – and you’ve got a winning hairstyle.
17. Silver Bob for Thick Straight Hair. Doesn’t she flaunt this gorgeous silver hair? Choose a silver dye job if you’re looking for something a little different.
18. Smoky Mauve Bob. Not a fan of silver, but would like to experiment with color? Mauve deserves to be at the top of your list!
19. Textured Silver Bob. Bob haircuts will never go out of style! Especially when you opt for metallic silver – a trend that’s stronger than ever.
20. Glossy Lengths. How can we not fall in love with these glossy thick locks!? If you’ve been blessed with naturally glossy hair, consider yourself lucky. On the other hand, if you have thick frizzy hair – there’s nothing a quality glossing serum can’t fix!
21. Sassy Waves for Thick Hair. Got a voluminous mane? Embrace it! Cool, sassy waves are the way to go!
22. Classy Blonde Bob. An elegant look that’ll never go out of style!
23. Lob with Bangs for Thick Hair. Want a universally flattering hairstyle that works for every face shape? Enter the lob (the long bob)! A lob haircut is ideal if you’re looking to keep some of the length while opting for a stylish, modern look.
24. Shoulder-Length Waves. Are you after a cute hairstyle that’s easy to manage? Then you need a shoulder-length cut! The length is easy to maintain – but you can still enjoy braids, and tying your hair into ponytails.
25. Super Blunt Bob. Say hello to the coolest hairstyle of all – the super blunt chin length bob! It’s an ideal look for straight hair , but it should be avoided by those with round faces, as it will accentuate the roundness.
26. Messy Textured Bob. And if you’re after hair that looks “lived in,” go for high shadow roots. It’s a low maintenance hairstyle that’s incredibly trendy right now.
27. Sophisticated Pixie. Pixie haircuts are just perfect for ladies with thick hair, because they minimize styling time – as well as subtly reveal how lush your hair is.
28. Long Pixie for Thick Hair. Another example of a glamorous longer pixie. Short hairstyles are the right way forward for anyone looking to minimize their styling time. They create an empowering look we just can’t get enough of!
29. Medium Shag Haircut. There’s nothing we love more than modern shag haircuts! They’re low-maintenance, and incredibly spontaneous. While shag haircuts are often used by those with fine hair to add volume – there’s no reason gals with thick hair can’t enjoy them too!
30. Enchanting Waves. If your hair is naturally wavy, let it do its thing (with a little guidance). Ask your stylist for subtle layers on medium hair – and enjoy an easy-to-manage yet gorgeous hairstyle!
31. Pretty Ombre Hairstyle. Want to experiment with another hair color without dying your entire head? Ombre is the way to go! Creating an illusion of naturally sun-kissed hair, ombre looks stunning.
32. Medium Shaggy Hairstyle. Medium hairstyles work great on thick hair – and this is one of our absolute favorites!
33. Gorgeous Dimensional Blonde. A hairdo that’s perfect for all ages! This multicolored blonde is a timeless hairstyle we can’t help but admire.
34. Contrasting Soft Waves. A chic hairstyle that’s just perfect for thick hair. The highlights will make your hair look great even if you’re running late and need to skip shampoo!
35. Gorgeous Waves on Long Hair. There’s nothing we love more than soft waves! If your locks are naturally wavy, this layered hairstyle will help create an interesting, elegant look.
36. Soft Textured A-Line. Are you looking for a hairstyle you can easily manage – but are not willing to chop it all off? Go for a soft, textured A-line.
37. Glamorous Lengths. Long sleek hair is a dream – especially when it’s thick. We are in love with the flattering caramel and gold tones!
38. Asymmetrical Lob. And if you’re after an edgier cut, ask your stylist for an asymmetrical lob. Unique, stylish, and youthful – do we need to say more!?
39. Luscious Long Locks. Want to know the secret of making your long hair look modern? Razored ends, layers, and balayage.
40. Straight Blunt Bob. We love the mid-length bob because it creates a balanced hairstyle that complements almost any face shape (even round faces – once it’s below the jawline)!
41. Razored Textured Bob. Are you not into the blunt cut? A razored and textured bob is a great alternative!
42. Luscious Curly Locks. If you have thick curly hair, you’ll know that keeping it long requires maintenance. Adding layers will help maximize the definition of your curls (and make your life easier!).
43. Long Layers. Another fantastic hairstyle for those keen to keep their hair long. Adding short and long layers will stop your hair from falling flat – and accentuate the soft waves.
44. Textured Shaggy Bob. When it comes to shaggy hairstyles, we think the shaggier the better! This textured bob is ideal for thick wavy hair.
45. Glossy Bob for Thick Hair. Fancy a hairstyle that’s elegant and timeless? A glossy bob is a good option!
46. Subtle Layers. We can’t get enough of these effortless waves! Add lighter tones for a simple yet sophisticated look.
47. Chic Balayage. Balayage highlights are a fail-proof way to add a touch of glamour to your long hair!
48. Beautiful Bangs. If there’s one thing we’re obsessed with right now, it’s face-framing bangs. Check out this glamorous hairstyle with a cool fringe!
49. Ash Blonde Tones. Trendy and fabulous, this ash blonde bob will subtly reveal the fullness of your hair without making it look too thick.
50. A-line Bob for Thick Locks. While shaggy layers are a great way to add shape and movement, the classic A-line cut can be just as flattering!
We hope this extensive list of haircuts for thick hair has provided plenty of inspiration for your next hairstyle. There are so many wonderful hairstyles to choose from – whether you prefer classier, timeless looks or trendy, edgier styles. We’ve incorporated hairstyles for those looking to do the big chop to make their hair more manageable, as well as those who want to breathe new life into their luscious, long locks. We hope you’ll enjoy experimenting with your thick hair this year – and remember that wearing it with confidence is key!