30 Eye-Catching Fulani Braids Hairstyles
Fulani braids are a great way to style your hair. So, if you are searching for daring yet beautiful braided hairstyles, look no more, here they are!
Let’s start with the question: “what are Fulani braids?” It is a distinctive hairstyle widely spread in African communities and named after the Fula ethnic group. It is characterized by exceptional patterns of thin or medium tightly plaited braids that stick closely to the head.
Many women worldwide prefer authentic Fulani braids, also known as Fulani tribal braids, as a way to express themselves. Alicia Keys, for example, is one of the all-time braids’ lovers among celebrities. Besides, different Fulani braids styles often involve colorful extensions and various decorative elements, for instance, beads, rings, and chains.
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions about Fulani braids.
1. How long do Fulani braids last? If you take good care of your braids, they will last up to five weeks before a correction is required.
2. How much do Fulani braids cost? The cost of Fulani braids depends on the style significantly. However, the average price is $200.
3. Do Fulani braids damage your hair? Unless you plait them too tight, those braids are even good for hair as they provide them some rest.
4. How to care for Fulani braids? Wash them less often – once every two weeks. Protect them during the night, avoid tightening hairdos, and redo the edges when necessary.
We are convinced: African Fulani braids look classy and beautiful. In support of this idea, here is a list of the most popular and stylish Fulani braids hairstyles.
1. Gorgeous Blonde Fulani Braids. How to decorate Fulani braids? Get some cuffs and rings – these are easy to install. Use extensions to go blonde right away without dying your hair. Beautiful braiding along with accessories will make your blonde look magical.
2. Looped Fulani Braids with Beads. Your braids will be one-of-a-kind, thanks to the use of colorful beads. They add accents and show your love for natural adornments. Concentrate them around your face and complete with a playful pony.
3. Flirty Fulani Braids with Curls. Evenly braided hair in the front and sexy loose curls in the back provide an attractive style to impress and freedom to experiment with different hairdos.
4. Fulani Braids for Natural Hair. This is one of the simplest hairstyles without any extensions or decorations to emphasize the woman’s natural beauty and ensure everyday comfort.
5. Golden Blonde Tribal Braids. The beautiful swept-back free-flowing braids and in-front-of-the-ear pieces ensure a neat and eye-catching look.
6. Long Fulani Braids with Yarn. A perfect match if you wish to try out a daring and bright look. Do you need extensions for Fulani braids? Most definitely, if you wish to lengthen your hairstyle. Moreover, you can mix colors for the best results.
7. Fulani Braids with a Middle Part. The clean lines of this hairstyle parted in the middle ensure your hair looks perfect at all times. Besides, blonde extensions add a fresh touch to the look.
8. Long Curly Fulani Braids. This is a classic braid pattern with one decorated braid right in the center. The curly ends of thin braids make the entire look appear young and cheerful.
9. Braids with Cuffs and Highlights. An attractive style based on thick half-cornrows decorated with cuffs and light brown extensions closer to the ends. Together with massive earrings, it delivers an impressive look even without makeup.
10. Fulani Braids Ponytail. Forget about boring ponytails. This version includes an intricate and unique braided pattern along with gorgeous decorative elements, such as cuffs, royal blue extensions, and beads.
11. Tribal Fulani Braids with Beads. Another way to personalize your braided hairstyle is to add some large beads. Pale colors emphasize the natural look, while bright beads reveal your unique style.
12. Fulani Braids with Afro Puff. A great hairstyle option to embrace the beauty of natural hair. The clear braid lines in the front and puffy hair in the back, along with in-front-of-the-ear braids and ring accessories, create a striking look.
13. Classy Long Tribal Braids. The accurate braids with a thick plait in the center promote a classic braided look. However, the silver cuffs complement it with a modern touch, merging tradition and trends.
14. Long Fulani Braids with Extensions. A nice hairstyle based on the classical braiding technique with a middle-part braid and two additional in-front-of-the-ear plaits. Hair extensions help achieve the desired length, while the yellow beads serve as discrete accents.
15. Cute Medium Fulani Braids. This clean style, also known as Fulani braids with no edges, features a braid in the middle, adorned with a golden cuff. The ends of medium-length braids are decorated with a creative two-beads combination.
16. Curvy and Criss-Crossed Tribal Braids. Thanks to different unique patterns, you can get a one-of-a-kind hairstyle without any other decorations. Notice how amazing the crossed braids look!
17. Stylish Medium Fulani Braids. The classical Fulani braids look features symmetrical one-length braids. The combination of brown plastic and wooden beads focuses on complementing your natural beauty.
18. Colored Jumbo Fulani Braids. Such a bright hairstyle immediately delivers an eye-catching appearance. Maroon extensions plaited from roots to tips along with different golden cuffs lift the mood at all times.
19. Blonde Jumbo Braids. This is a beautiful example of how great a blonde Fulani style with thick half-cornrows and in-front-of-the-ear braids looks! It is extremely attractive despite the absence of any decorations.
20. Fulani Braids with Neat Edges. Blonde extensions ensure a lovely look for the braids, while the use of decorative elements, such as silver cuffs, rings, and strings, promotes an even more luxurious appearance.
21. Flowy Back-and-Forth Braids. To make the style more dynamic, you can use two in-front-of-the-ear braids next to each other. Add some bead accents around your face and place a ring on the central braid for extra zest.
22. Fulani with Massive Beads. If you stick to a conservative appearance but wish to add a cute touch to your look, use several shiny beads on the in-front-of-the-ear braids.
23. Fulani with Two Braids in the Middle. To freshen up your look, you can also try some colorful strings. Bright colors on black hair deliver a cheerful vibe.
24. Thick Curvy Fulani Braids. Extensions in a dark brown color ensure a gorgeous natural-looking hairstyle. Pierce the central braid and attach a charm of your choice to personalize your braids.
25. Jumbo Fulani Braids with Accessories. Thick braids always look impressive. Besides, geometrical patterns, golden cuffs, and eye-catching strings provide a sophisticated look to pair with any outfit.
26. Daring Creative Tribal Braids. This hairstyle is made for outstanding personalities. The bright extensions in messy braids deliver a great look for a creative woman.
27. Two-Tone Braids with Curls. Create an elegant, exotic, and feminine look using a combination of thin and medium cornrows, gorgeous waves, and flirty in-front-of-the-ear braids. You can also use this idea for the Fulani braids side-part variation.
28. Fancy Braids in Twisted Buns. This type of plaits gives freedom to play with different hairdos. For instance, twist the braids into two half-up buns. The look will be even chicer with rings and highlighted strands.
29. One-Length Center-Parted Midi Braids. There are many ways to braid your hair. For example, braided from the center outward, this pattern reminds of the sun’s rays and attracts attention without any doubt.
30. Lovely Short Fulani Braids. A creative pattern is the heart of this breathtaking hairstyle. It is emphasized with highlights and many transparent beads at the ends of the braids. Such an idea will also work for short Fulani braids without beads if you don’t like any extra frills.
There are numerous options to get a very personalized look with Fulani braids. With the help of naturally-looking or colorful extensions, beads of various sizes, materials, and shapes, as well as cuffs, strings, and ribbons, you will make your Fulani braids look gorgeous and unique!