50 Gorgeous Must-See Haircuts for Thin Hair
When it comes to finer textured locks, you want hairstyles and cuts that make thin hair look thicker. This will give the most flattering look regardless of your face shape! If you need some information and pictures to choose your next hairstyle for thin hair, keep on scrolling!
1. A lob hairstyle with shorter front layers is a contemporary go-to variant. Paired with a chic icy platinum, it completes the ultimate modern style.
2. Caramel face-framing highlights for dark hair add a touch of color without too much processing time. Throwing in a few big-barrel curls gives volume to short thin hair.
3. A warm-toned bronze-y brunette dye job on a long or short stacked bob makes for a no-fuss style.
4. This blonde shaggy bob with a silver balayage oozes a polished feel that upgrades the messy, textured waves – perfect for adding bulk to very thin hair.
5. When it comes to bob hairstyles above the shoulder, the shaggy cut is an edgy, funky example to show to your stylist.
6. This textured, a-line bob meshes “professional” with “tousled”. Layering maintains density in the hair, which is important for women with thin hair.
7. If blonde isn’t your thing, opt for a low-contrast balayage. This is a great alternative for long, thin hair that doesn’t do well with damage.
8. The jagged bob creates fullness in the hair. The rooty blonde with balanced lowlights and highlights allows for dimension in the hair.
9. A swoopy bang on extremely thin hair can generate movement that otherwise would not be there. Styling with a blow-dryer and a round brush can further intensify the swoopy-ness of this cut.
10. Asymmetrical and angled cuts are different approaches to modern short haircuts. The choppy cutting style allows for locks to appear thicker.
11. Thin blonde hair can either be texturized with uneven layers or cut as a pin-straight one length crop, depending on your individual thickness.
12. This high contrast ombre works well, as it brightens and volumizes thin, wavy hair.
13. Soft, feathered layers create fullness in the middle of the hair, which is best for oblong faces.
14. A tapered pixie cut is unique in itself. Paired with this pastel rose gold, the result is a bold, out-of-the-box look.
15. The light balayage highlights the top and mid layers creating a multidimensional style.
16. Swooping layers make the most of this thin straight hair. Well-blended subtle highlights around the face accentuate the deep part and extra long bangs.
17. A long pixie cut is the love child of Bob and Pixie. Shorter than a bob, but more feminine than a boyish cut.
18. Razor cut hairstyles are great for fine hair as they produce dimension and movement without removing too much hair.
19. The medium length bob with fringy ends is anything but plain. Adding a simple bend in the hair is enough for a classic, yet fashionable hairstyle.
20. A-line cuts can be dramatic, however, this softer version makes it a feasible haircut for almost anyone!
21. A medium length bob that grazes the shoulders suggests a good, doable length for those looking to go shorter.
22. While some layered haircuts may look better on thin and curly hair, one-length styles with textured ends like shown can work on both straight and wavy manes.
23. A steeply angled cut is a statement hairstyle, best paired with a more understated color.
24. Hairstyles with graduation allow for fullness that adds height, a perfect option for those who want the illusion of thick hair.
25. Shaggy haircuts are easy to maintain. In the mornings, lightly curl the hair and shake through with pomade-covered fingers for a tousled, easy look.
26. Blonde is a good option for thinner hair. The same principle of dark seeming smaller and light seeming larger applies to hair, too.
27. The sleek and straight neck length bob with blunt ends is classy and eye-catching despite its simplicity. A plain hairstyle like this meshes better with complex colors, such as sophisticated pastels.
28. Adding in a tousled wave to your mid length haircut is trendy, easy to style, and gives volume to thin hair.
29. Bob hairstyles are ideal for women preferring a shorter styling time that comes along with a low maintenance cut.
30. Long bobs, also known as lobs, provide an alternative to the classic bob that may be intimidating to those who want to give medium-to-short hairstyles a try.
31. This feathered, medium length cut, somewhat Farrah-Fawcett-inspired, is one good example of shaggy hairstyles for thin hair.
32. A pop of juicy rose on one side is a unique way to incorporate color into your hairstyle.
33. Metallic silver is not only for older ladies — younger women can embrace this trend, too! Keeping tresses hydrated and using protein treatments helps to restore hair health after bleaching.
34. The key to wispier textures is layering correctly. Keeping the bottom layer full and dense and having small feathered sections on top creates movement without removing bulk.
35. Whether you opt for a short to medium length, or a longer cut, texturized ends and a sophisticated brightening color job can do miracles with thin hair.
36. Lengthy face-framing pieces on an asymmetrical cut exude boho-chic vibes.
37. The polished, slightly angled platinum cut is clean, sharp, and professional.
38. If you’re a fiery redhead, this messy shag on thin hair with bangs is for you!
39. The bluntly cut bob is shiny, full, and bouncy — everything a thin-haired girl could need!
40. Two-layer side-parted cuts can easily trick the eye. The hair seems fuller and feels so voluminous!
41. A copper balayage on dark hair is much easier to achieve than blonde. If you’re looking to go lighter, but want to avoid damage, this is the ideal middle ground.
42. Shag haircuts are punk-rock inspired and somewhat reminiscent of a mullet (in the best way!). This spiky, choppy hairstyle can add the desirable edge to round faces and thin hair.
43. Pastel, violet, and silver: three ways to make a statement all in one hair color! On a slightly layered cut, this is a great women’s style for wispy textures.
44. A square shaped cut is perfect for oval faces and thin hair. The square-ness of the cut contrasts against the softness of the wavy texture.
45. Haircuts for thin hair, whether curly or wavy, have to be trimmed with texture in mind. This simple cut allows the natural texture of the locks to shine through. The same cut for straight hair would look different.
46. Cute waves create volumizing texture even for the thinnest of hair!
47. A stacked pixie bob makes for a unique length and shape. When matched with a distinctive ashy gray-blonde color, you get a lovely individualistic style.
48. The high contrast platinum highlights in this look accentuate the angled shape of the cut, making it an excellent choice among trendy medium hairstyles for thin hair.
49. A disheveled look is easy to accomplish for thin textured hair – check this gorgeous medium length bob!
50. A longer length is not forbidden for thin hair, however, it’s better to opt for an uneven cut, a dimensional color, and wavy styling.
We hope these hairstyles for thin hair are as inspiring to you as they are to us! Great cuts like these truly make the most of your hair’s unique texture, so you feel and look your best!