30 Haircuts for Big Foreheads to Inspire Your Next Look
Are you in search of some really working haircuts and hairstyles for big foreheads? Good news: they exist!
If your forehead is looking more like a “fivehead”, it can be difficult to find a good haircut that frames your face. Thankfully, there are a few hairstyle cheat-codes that can balance your features and proportions of your face. So, whether you want long hair, short hair, medium-length curls, new bangs or a cute pixie cut, there’s a flattering hairdo for you!
Is your forehead big/wide/broad? According to the ‘golden ratio’ theory, the three-thirds of our face are supposed to be equal (1.the middle of the hairline-the point between the eyebrows, 2.the point between the eyebrows-the bottom of the nose, 3.the bottom of the nose-the bottom of the chin). If the upper third is significantly bigger… yes, these foreheads are considered as large. The other, simpler measurement is to count how many fingers you can place (horizontally) between the hairline and eyebrows. Four is the norm. Five – your forehead is big.
Read on and check our 30 favorite hairstyles for big foreheads:
1. Choppy Lob. Curtain bangs are a great way to make your forehead “smaller”. Combine it with a choppy lob for the ultimate trendy look in 2020.
2. Loose Waves. If you can pull it off, this is one of the best haircuts for big foreheads! The low-maintenance look is very flattering for those with long faces and broad foreheads.
3. Pixie Pompadour. Most styles are meant to cover forehead, but this one lengthens it by bringing the eye upward.
4. Textured Wispy Shag. Flat hair accentuates a wide forehead. Balance it out by adding bangs and some volume to the sides.
5. Side Part. Don’t worry if you don’t have a perfectly oval face. For those with long hair/long hairstyles, here’s an easy huge forehead fix: flip your hair over to the side.
6. Wispy Bangs. Thin bangs are perfect for large foreheads because they provide some coverage without looking (or feeling) too heavy.
7. Middle Part with Volume. The middle part “cuts” a long forehead and allows the loose waves to casually frame the face.
8. Long Fringe. You don’t need a full fringe for a high forehead. Long layers that brush past the chin can even out a “top-heavy” face.
9. Voluminous Layers. This style is proof that girls with big foreheads can look amazing even without bangs.
10. Curly Tapered Cut. Short hair, big forehead? No biggie – pile it up on top!
11. Shaggy Layers. If your thin hair lacks volume, try a combover style with a side part. It will shift the focus off your forehead.
12. Half-Up Pigtail Braids. Pull your hair back into cute half-braids, but make sure to keep your locks big, loose, and bouncy.
13. Flared Face-Framing Waves. The collarbone fringe-less waves are a perfect way to frame a round face.
14. Big Beach Waves. The casual messy waves cover one side of your face which takes attention away from your forehead.
15. Choppy Baby Bangs. Even though full bangs provide more coverage, “micro” bangs for big foreheads can look just as cool.
16. Pixie. Make your forehead look smaller with a short, textured pixie and wispy baby bangs.
17. Messy Updo. If you want to try an updo, keep it slightly messy and very big. For the full effect, leave a few sections of hair loose and add a statement accessory.
18. Side-Swept Bangs. Easy, low maintenance, yet super chic, this is one of the best haircuts for big foreheads.
19. Uneven Curtain Fringe. The key to softening a large forehead is keeping the hair voluminous on top, around the crown.
20. Flipped-Over Hair. Simply changing the part of your hair can be a lifesaver for high foreheads.
21. Teased Layered Haircut. The dynamic layers of varying lengths help take the focus away from the forehead.
22. Straight Fringe and Wavy Locks. Sharp and choppy bangs add a lot of charm to any hairstyle, so it’s no surprise that it’s one of the best haircuts for big foreheads.
23. Long Messy Bangs. Want the appearance of a fringe without chopping off your bangs? Long side or curtain bangs can make your face look narrower.
24. Simple Off-Centre Part. Lobs are always in style, but the biggest benefit is that you don’t have to do much to achieve this lovely look.
25. Asymmetrical Box Braids. These inverted braids run diagonally across the forehead making it smaller and cuter.
26. Straight Lob with a Wispy Fringe. Big foreheads are the best “canvas” for textured lengths with thin, wispy bangs.
27. Long Hair with Feathered Ends. If you prefer long and flowing locks, part your hair in the middle to frame your face. And don’t forget to keep it smooth and healthy-looking!
28. Curly Bob with Cropped Bangs. This gorgeous haircut for big foreheads is perfect for females with heart-shaped and square faces.
29. Long, Layered and Messy. Go for a natural bedhead by tousling your hair and brushing it out with your hands.
30. Asymmetrical Razored Bob. An asymmetrical haircut like this one “tricks” the eye into seeing a smaller forehead, especially when combined with a side part.
If you’re constantly asking yourself, “do I have a big forehead?”, then you probably do! But it’s no big deal because beauty isn’t reliant on a single feature. All you need to do is play around with your look and find ways to put the right accents while your bigger forehead is out of the spotlight. Once you find the right hairstyle for your big forehead, you’ll be one step closer to being your most beautiful self!
No matter your face shape, hair color, or personal style, one of these hairstyles for big foreheads is sure to suit you!