50 Highly Recommended Haircuts and Hairstyles for Square Faces
We love distinct features but what can you do when your jawline stands out more than you would like? No need for magic here! The main characteristics of haircuts for square faces are bangs, layers and textured hair. These aspects will help soften the features that make your face look too strong.
Here they are, top 50 pretty haircuts and hairstyles; don`t forget to save them in order to show your stylist during your next salon visit!
1. Long Layered Cut. Loose long waves are the perfect fit when it comes to softening the strong jawline and elongating a wide face.
2. Layers with a Fringe. Getting a haircut with a fringe is such an excellent idea because it will make your forehead look smaller! Just choose the right bangs shape (consult your stylist).
3. Layered Highlights. Another tip for women with a square face is to create a long layered fringe that you can sweep to one side.
4. Ginger Bob. A medium haircut for square face with hair combed over will make your jawline narrower.
5. Shaggy Layered Long Hair. Searching for a good haircut for a square face? Some wavy layers are exactly what you need! You can also play with your favorite colors to enhance the texture of your hair.
6. Asymmetrical Super-Short Fringe. If your face is rather wide, short bangs combined with medium length straight hair create the best slimming hairstyle for square faces.
7. Sleek Waves. If you need to deemphasize your prominent cheeks, pay attention to your crown hair. Give it more volume and create some sleek waves.
8. Layered Ombre. A good old ombre is always suitable for a modern haircut. Combine it with a fringe, and you’ll get a nicely framed face.
9. Brown Layered Hair. Divert attention away from your square face shape and draw it to your healthy long wavy hair.
10. Frizzy Asymmetrical Bob. A center-parted bob can also be a solution for a square face shape. Who says you can’t wear your hair short?
11. Bob for Square Face. When it comes to framing, bobs do a pretty awesome job. Create a soft balayage for a more elegant look. Asymmetry works great for square face shapes!
12. Straight Blunt Bob. It’s all about framing! A short straight bob will make your face look elongated, and if you choose a pale pink color, you’ll get a fresh feminine look.
13. Little Square Face. This hairstyle covers the sides of your face making it looking narrower and more delicate. The symmetrically cut baby bangs also work to balance the proportions of width and length.
14. Long Layered Hairstyle with a Side Part. Hair swept to one side is a great trick for a square face shifting the focus away from the heavy jawline.
15. Blonde Defined Curls. Loose curls do a good softening and slimming job when it comes to square faces.
16. Shag with See-Through Bangs. Emphasize your crown hair and create a blonde ombre for an awesome effect.
17. Long Hair with Deep Bangs. You can easily make your face look elongated if you keep your hair long and choose a straight-lined fringe that covers your eyebrows.
18. Chin-Length Cut. Short haircuts may flatter square-shaped faces too. You can even choose a bob crop to make your face features look softer! The main condition is to give your crown hair a lot of volume. How? Tease it and comb over!
19. Balayage for a Square Face. It’s such an easy way to make your face look slimmer! Give your hair a pretty texture-enhancing color, and you’ll feel like a new person.
20. Brown Sombre. Make your forehead and cheeks look narrower with bangs split off-center and sharply angled.
21. Natural Waves. Keep your waves shaggy! A piece-y fringe will highlight your eyes and cheeks and hide your big forehead.
22. Short Hair for Square Face. A pixie cut with long bangs will make your face look more oval as it wraps flatteringly around its angles.
23. Formal Hairstyle for Square Faces. Soft, smooth lines do a favor to the square face. Leave pieces in front of the ears for a slimming effect and style a bouffant for added height.
24. Bangs for Square Face. Give your face a nice frame with a shaggy bob featuring point cut bangs!
25. Thick Hair and Square Face. The best haircut for square face includes layered waves and a long side-swept fringe.
26. Pixie Cut for Square Face. Highlight your eyes and eyebrows with a very short pixie cut and asymmetrical bangs.
27. Burgundy Waves. Such a great color! Who says that your hair shouldn’t have its personality? Mix some loose waves with your favorite color, and you’ll get an astonishing look.
28. Natural Rebel Waves. With a haircut like this, you can say goodbye to wasted time in front of the mirror in the morning.
29. Peek-a-Boo Highlights and Long Bangs. A great way to add texture to your hair is to create highlights. Try it! It will totally elevate your haircut.
30. Blonde Side-Parted Lob. A square jawline can be easily masked if you draw attention to other features. Highlight your eyes or your cheekbones instead!
31. Wavy Bob with Bronde Balayage. A shoulder-length wavy bob works perfect for all occasions! It can truly come in handy if you have a square face.
32. Long Layered Hairstyle. You can easily make your face shape narrower by long wavy highlighted hair, especially if it’s parted in the middle or slightly off center. The long thin highlights on both sides play an important role.
33. Smooth Layered Ombre. Keep a significant color difference between your roots and your ends for a spectacular effect drawing the eye down, thus elongating the square face.
34. Fading Layers. Layers that feather below your chin make your face look more oval, and a swoopy fringe can also improve a square face shape.
35. Rebel Hairstyle. Aiming for a rockstar look? With a layered haircut like this, you can sing on any stage!
36. Inverted Bob. It is well known that a bob frames your face beautifully and, in this case, deemphasizes the angles and excessive width.
37. Textured Ombre Lob. The blunt bob goes well with a prominent eye and eyebrow makeup.
38. White Spiky Pixie. If you want your face to look more oval, you need added height in the crown area. The spiky style is undoubtedly an excellent choice for this pixie haircut.
39. Wheat Blonde Shaggy Bob. This beach look suits anyone, especially women with a square-shaped face. You can easily see that combover waves are the main point of attraction here.
40. Easy Wavy Bob. Create some quick waves with your straightening iron, and the effect will be breath-taking.
41. Platinum Blonde Layers. This retro look will make you feel like a real movie star. Unfortunately, this is a color that needs lots of attention and care.
42. Pixie Bob with Long Bangs. Use some hairspray to add dimension to your bangs and crown hair for a mesmerizing effect.
43. Medium Shag with Balayage. The lighter color on the bottom makes the strong jawline softer.
44. Medium Ombre Hairstyle with Waves. Your curling iron is your best friend if you have a square face. Use it to create spectacular hairstyles.
45. Straight Long Haircut. If you want to keep it simple, get some smooth chopped ends and wear your locks parted to the side. Of course, you can always create some waves for a change.
46. Long Hair & Square Face Hairstyle. Long loose waves work for square faces in all their variations, especially if brightening highlights are involved. Doesn’t it look beautiful?
47. Long Thick Hair with Layers and Bangs. These subtle highlights amazingly blend with brown hair. Bangs will definitely give you a young fresh air.
48. Elegant Waves. Minimize your jawline with some beautiful shiny curls. Subtle highlights will make those waves look even more polished.
49. Long Blonde Balayage Hair. Layers do such a great job when it comes to texturing your strands. Just take a look at this fantastic hairstyle, and you’ll know we’re right.
50. Sun-Kissed Caramel Blonde Hairstyle. Your tanned skin goes so lovely with this messy hairstyle. A haircut like this nicely frames your face, and it’s easy to maintain.
Haircuts for square faces have a mission to make your face shape slimmer and more feminine. Longer layers, waves and curls create the illusion of an oval face. With these you can emphasize only the features you like and easily mask the extreme angles and width of your face.