50 Gorgeous Medium Haircuts and Hairstyles for Women
If it’s been too long since your last hair change-up, you’re probably ready for something new. However, sometimes it can be hard to see what potential your medium hair has if you’re already bored with it. Looking through magazines can be helpful, but sometimes they don’t have advice for your particular hair type. Luckily, there is quite a lot you can do to refresh your hair, whether it’s waves and highlights, a sleek pin-straight shoulder-length hairstyle, or a shaggy layered cut – there is definitely something for you below.
Before you head to the salon for a makeover, look through these 50 beautiful medium-length hairstyles for ideas.
1. Textured Layers. Layered hair gives an illusion of more body and the waves add a dash of pretty.
2. Blonde Angled Lob. An angled cut with highlights will make you look and feel youthful and fresh.
3. Choppy Shoulder-Length Bob. A simple style you can wake up and put together. These waves are basically bedhead!
4. One-Length Medium Bob. Another choppy haircut, but given highlights for warmth.
5. Sleek and Straight Haircut. Need a nice frame for your face? Try straight, smooth locks! Paint on a few highlights for extra beauty, not that you need it!
6. Blonde Angled Haircut. Go light – the blonde looks angel white with this medium shag cut.
7. Straight Medium Hair with Side Bangs. Medium haircuts for women can still look flirty; keep things soft with a side-swept bang.
8. Wavy Shoulder-Length Hairstyle. Wavy hair looks amazing when the ends are straight and disconnected.
9. Icy-Blonde Haircut. The cute choppy bob is absolute perfection, especially with a little wave at the ends. And with hair these soft and beautiful, you won’t be able to resist running your fingers through it!
10. Medium Hair with Bronde Balayage. A balayage looks good on everyone, and it’s always a good idea for round faces.
11. Blonde Medium Bob with Dark Roots. Bring summer vibes with a fun yet simple blonde haircut like this.
12. Hairstyle with Face-Framing Volume. Try a shaggy lob with dimensional waves for thick hair.
13. Straight Shoulder-Length Haircut. Feel like your straight hair is getting boring? Jazz it up with a medium bob.
14. Long Thick Bob Haircut. Add some vavavoom vibes to your haircut with highlights and a middle part.
15. Medium Icy Layers. Layered with an icy shade of blonde, a medium bob like this will have you turning heads.
16. Ash-Blonde Medium Cut. Looking for a style you can work with bangs? Try a cute blonde bob with a length that touches your shoulders and keeps bangs long.
17. Medium Haircut with Short Layers. Adding in a few choppy layers gives easy texture to what would otherwise be a simple cut.
18. Medium Beach Waves. For medium hair, rocking wavy locks is easy, and this wavy hairstyle stands out thanks to its delicious warm color that looks stunning on the shaggy waves.
19. Medium Shag with Bangs and Glasses. A sassy shaggy cut with bangs will have you bringing a positive attitude all day long.
20. Soft Brown Style with Highlights. With a beachy style like this choppy bob you can enjoy summer vibes all year long!
21. Messy Wavy Med Haircut. Play up your wavy hair and bring the body to the crown of your head with a textured style.
22. Golden Neck-Length Waves. A hint of blonde in layered wavy hair is perfect for a formal look at the office or something simple on the weekends.
23. Layered Bob with Red Highlights. Hairstyles for medium hair come in all shapes and sizes, like this medium haircut with copper red layers and a side-swept bang.
24. Choppy Blonde Balayage Haircut. Be the talk of the town with a straight choppy bob.
25. Shaggy Straight Center-Parted Bob. Go for a sweet blonde bob like this and you could be the fourth Olsen sister!
26. Medium Haircut for Thin Hair. Put a little pep in your step, and some body in your thin hair, with a cute layered bob.
27. Relaxed Shaggy Hairstyle. Brunettes can be those who have more fun with this wavy medium shag.
28. Medium Cropped Locks. A piecey cut such as this sliced lob looks playful and pretty.
29. Collar-Length Haircut. Work your hair into an edgy style by adding some textured body to straight strands and letting face-framing pieces fall naturally.
30. Bouncy Highlighted Mob. Give your medium bob a little bounce at the bottom with flipped-in ends.
31. Ash Blonde Balayage Lob. With little adjustments, the long ash-blonde balayage bob looks professional for work and playful for your free time.
32. Copper Red Medium Waves. Add a pop of glam with a bold all-over color accented with piece-y waves.
33. Mid-Length Razored Crop. Play up your simple bob hairstyle with a razor-cut finish and a few wavy pieces.
34. Medium Platinum Hair. An a-line bob stands out in pin-straight platinum.
35. Icy Blonde Mid Haircut. Upgrade your typical brown blonde hair by adding in a few ice-blonde pieces and parting it to the side you prefer.
36. Long Layers on Medium Hair. Go for a basic wavy cut, and color face-framing pieces blonde to make the eyes pop.
37. Medium Shag with Full Bangs. Those with bangs might think it’s hard to stand out, but take on a medium shag bob and your bangs will pop!
38. Honey Blonde Medium Haircut. The beautiful mane shines with different shades of blonde, and a rounded lob is a good base for this gorgeous color solution.
39. Flirty Jagged Bob. Take a hint from Paris Hilton and rock a platinum blonde textured bob.
40. Textured Balayage with Darker Bangs. Blend edgy and flirty with pin-straight bangs and wavy body. A balayage or ombre color will complement the eyes.
41. Shoulder-Length Combover Shag. Boring hair doesn’t stand a chance when amped up with a choppy cut and a heavy part that gives the illusion of thick hair.
42. Medium Style for Thin Hair. Show your hair some love with a little brunette balayage on a short, luscious bob.
43. Medium Brown Blonde Shag. Want a cute do you can easily dress up or down? Go for a wavy lob.
44. A Peek of Purple. Wondering how to spice up your dark mane? Angle hair and insert a few colored highlights, like this pretty purple, for easy drama.
45. Caramel Brown Waves. For dark medium hair with waves, hints of caramel brown bring life to an otherwise blah style.
46. Choppy Wavy Hairstyle. Soft, choppy waves and a short side part do wonders for thick hair.
47. Lived-In Medium Hair. With a relaxed, easy, beachy style like this one, people will really believe you “woke up like this.”
48. Past Shoulders Hair with Choppy Bangs. Bring the Emma Bunton out of your hair with longish bangs and layered waves.
49. Low-Maintenance Medium Hairstyle. A honey lob with soft waves. Spend a few minutes with a curling iron or run fingers through your hair with texturizing spray.
50. Medium Hairstyle for Women with Blonde Hair. A hairstyle that grazes the shoulders can easily maintain a gorgeous wavy length and an effortless overall look.
As you can see, there is no shortage of medium hairstyles for women! Grab your besties, pore over your options, and cheer each other on as you embrace a whole new haircut! You never know, you may come out of the salon feeling fiercer than ever!