2. Shag with Long Bangs. A gorgeous bohemian look with layers for redheads.
When you think about a long shag haircut, you remember all those 80’ hairstyles, right? No need to refer to them anymore! We present you an updated style with choppy layers that will make you want one today.
These shag haircuts focus on layered hair with volume. Check out the pictures below!
1. Rebel Shag. With this long shaggy hair, you’ll look like a rock icon! Adding some auburn highlights also makes a huge difference.
2. Shag with Long Bangs. A gorgeous bohemian look with layers for redheads.
3. Sombre Shag with No Bangs. Dimension and texture are the key points of this gorgeous hairstyle.
4. Wavy Shag. Not only will a shaggy haircut give your hair loads of volume, but some lovely texture too. If you have slightly wavy hair, go for this cut without a second thought.
5. Shag for Long Hair. Boost your confidence with a mesmerizing layered haircut!
6. Long Wispy Shag. A funky layered hairstyle can be refreshed by a new unnatural color. Lavender and pastel pink are the most feminine choices.
7. Frizzy Shag. Love natural-looking hairstyles? A downdo like this will make you look very feminine and modern.
8. Chocolate Brown Shag Cut. This razored haircut is very easy to style because all you have to do is to mess your hair a little bit, and you are good to go.
9. Layered Shag. Here’s a good example of how to give your hair more texture and volume with a layered haircut. Also, the highlights play an important role as they emphasize your strands.
10. Mauve Shag. You don’t need to keep it simple? If you have nice, piece-y layers, highlight them with a unique color like this muted mauve, for instance.
11. Shag with Waves and Bangs. Creating movement and retaining length is your hair goal for this year.
12. Brightening Highlights and Choppy Ends. Looks just like a shampoo commercial, doesn’t it? Auburn and blonde highlights emphasize the shaggy haircut.
13. Sexy Modern Shag. Waves and highlights go pretty well together. Give them a nice shape with a layered haircut.
14. Red Shag Hairstyle. One of the best long shag hairstyles is a style where each layer is textured and, thus, eye-popping.
15. Long Length Feathered Cut. Combine a balayage with a two-tier layered haircut, and you’ll get an eye-catching look. Sweep your bangs on both sides and get ready to shine like a movie star.
16. Fun Fringe and Subtle Balayage. Such an incredible mix! Bangs and long shaggy layers will brilliantly frame your face.
17. Brunette Shag with Piece-y Layers. Long shag haircuts for women with dark hair work best with contrasting highlights. Emphasize your bold nature with disconnected layering.
18. Wavy Shag with Curtain Bangs. To achieve a boho-chic vibe, the hairdresser usually cuts elongated, straight bangs of medium density and then spreads them on both sides of the face. Wavy strands on the sides will frame your face beautifully.
19. Classic Wavy Shag Hairstyle. Whether you prefer shoulder-length hair or decide to go with a long shag, this is a winning solution. Subtle waves and copper highlights will give you a romantic look with an edge.
20. Bright Long Modern Shag. Trends scream: “You do you!” So, if you feel like rocking a pink mood, own it! Add shaggy layers for a dreamy mermaid look.
21. Casual Shag Hairstyle. Who says that shaggy style must look rebellious? Here is a variation that is all about elegance and light waves.
22. Hippie Long Shags for Wavy Hair. Peace, love, and messy waves! This hairdo brings up the 60s hippie images to mind. It is indeed an iconic solution that never goes out of fashion.
23. Retro Mid-Length Shag. Some vintage glam is so refreshing in modern days! There is plenty of styling inspiration from fashion icons of the past for the retro lovers out there. Check this brilliant shaggy adaptation of the pin-up pictures!
24. Shaggy Bangs Long Hair Transformation. If you want to change your style radically without dyeing your hair, getting bangs and shaggy layers is what you need!
25. Long Shag with Bangs. While short and shoulder-length shaggy styles are more common, the hairdo looks gorgeous on long hair as well. Bright long hair is especially daring and sexy with an uncombed look!
26. Voluminous Shaggy Layers. A stylish shag and layers are the ultimate mix to add volume to the hair. This hairdo brings us back to the 70s when the shaggy vibe was born, and we love it!
27. Minimum-Effort Long Shag Haircut. Are you tired of styling long hair but would like to keep the length? The shag style is your savior! What might have come off as messy in the older days is effortless and trendy today!
28. Gypsy Shag. What could add up more mystery to your look than a gitana-style hairdo? This adaptation of a powerful ethnic image reflects the character and gives off modern-day Esmeralda vibes.
29. Curly Shag for Any Hair Length. A shag for curly hair is very rock’n’roll in essence. Even if you have been partying the whole night, all you need to freshen up your hair in the morning is a texturizing spray.
30. Balayage and Shag Combo. Long shaggy layers and a smooth color gradient are a stylish solution that fits practically any lady! Experiment with waves and curls variations for easy daily hairstyle transformations.
31. Cool Shaggy Layered Long Hair. This hairstyle is about embracing your natural hair color and adding a bit of twist to it. One of its many advantages is that it is extremely low-maintenance, requiring only a bit of a trim every few months.
32. Frizzy Hair Shaggy Style. Believe it or not, the shag makes any hair type look fantastic! Frizzy and fluffy hair is no exception to the rule. Simply add lots of choppy layers for a rockstar style.
33. Shaggy Choppy Hairstyle with Bright Accents. If you are a rebel and not afraid to show it, this fashionable option is for you! Those dazzling money pieces will truly stand out.
34. Beach Waves for Choppy Long Hair. This long cut is a game-changer for the ladies who have been struggling to tame unruly hair. All you need is a saltwater spray, and summer vibes all year long are guaranteed!
35. Long Shaggy Hairstyle over 50. The versatility of shaggy hairstyles knows no limits. Whichever hair type, face shape, or age category you are in, there is a variation for you.
36. Long Wavy Shag. A shaggy haircut styled in light waves is a trend nowadays. It’s a lucky shot for the owners of slightly curly hair, but the rest will have to put effort. Fortunately, a bit is enough: to make shaggy hair look like a hot mess, add loose waves to just a few strands.
37. Long Layered Shag with Straight Bangs. Women who like to play on contrasts in their style will love this texture game. The thick, straight bangs accentuate the lovely light waves for a cute casual look.
38. Long Shag Cut with a Parting in the Middle. This classy shag variation is ideal for thick wavy hair. The crisp effect is easily achieved with a diffuser and a bit of curl defining mousse.
39. Long Hair with Layers and No Bangs. Ladies with oval faces will look especially beautiful with a shaggy hairstyle without bangs. This elegant option does not require much effort and will suit any occasion, from work meetings to a romantic evening.
40. Long Shag Haircut for Thin Hair. A shaggy haircut is perfect for long thin hair, as it adds volume. Pro tip: strands of a contrasting color will add texture and make the hair visually thicker.
41. Polished Long Straight Shaggy Hair. It is relatively rare that you see a polished shaggy hairstyle. Smooth textured waves are a reasonable compromise between a messy cut and formal styling for a special occasion.
42. Gray Long Shag Hairstyles. Combining the hottest trends is an art of its own that sometimes gives birth to such gems as this gorgeous hairstyle. Notice how the waves, volume, and a stunning silver hue blend into an ultra-modern elegant look!
43. Five-Minute Shaggy Hairdo. Shaggy hair of any length is very easy to style. An elegant everyday hairstyle can be created in a matter of minutes – it is enough to blow dry your hair, pulling it slightly from the roots to ends, or style it with a curling iron.
44. Shag Style for Long Straight Hair. Shaggy hairdos are universal. So, even if your hair is naturally thick, heavy, and refuses to fall in waves, a shag style is still an option for you!
45. Curly Shag for Thick Hair. Shaggy hairstyles and thick hair are a match made in heaven. The purposeful mess of this styling creates irresistible looks that are simply too good to be true! A heavy fringe combined with natural curls will attract many glances.
46. Baby Bangs for a Shaggy Hairstyle. Uneven bangs give an edge even to the most classic styles. In combination with a shag hairdo, it is a perfect solution for the ladies who search for a modern dynamic look.
47. Blonde Highlights for a Shaggy Cut. Choppy ends make your hair look like you’ve just air dried it.
48. Cascading Layers. Using a razor to create the layers can be the approach that does magic for your hair. You’ll obtain a messy look that is very easy to style.
49. Choppy Blonde. Give your hair a new twist with a fabulous balayage and sliced layers. It will make you feel younger but also very stylish.
50.Layers for Thick Hair. If you have thick hair, you need to show that to everybody! A layered cut does a great job for every hair type.
A long shag haircut is perfect for women who want to give their hair texture and volume, and the pictures above prove it. The best part about it is low-maintenance with minimum styling needs. It is suitable for all hair types and lengths. Get yours ASAP!