50 Fashionable Hairstyles for Dark-Brown Hair with Highlights
47. Russet Patches. Auburn highlights you can barely see are perfect if you want just a smidge of color.
For those with dark-brown hair with highlights, you might think a blonde or lighter brown are your only highlight choices. However, hairstyles are versatile and can always be added to or improved upon. If you’re feeling bored with your current look, rest assured that there are many different colors you can choose from for highlights or lowlights.
We guarantee you that—by the time you reach the end of this article—you’ll have 50 new ideas to contemplate while you’re on your way to the salon, again!
1. Highlights and Lowlights. Mixing several tones together will play tricks on the eyes… in a good way.
2. Face-Framing Highlights. Highlights for dark hair are great for freshening up your look. If you don’t want to cover up your brown hair too much, try face-framing highlights. To achieve this look, you will need to lighten a few strands in the front and create several almost unnoticeable highlights here and there.
3. Caramel Balayage. Balayage on dark brown hair looks magnificent. Wear it casually or style for special occasions. For instance, adding some waves to your hairdo creates an elegant evening look in no time.
4. Highlights and Lowlights for Brunettes. Brown hair with highlights and natural lowlights gains amazing depth and dimension. It is low-maintenance and looks completely natural. However, you will notice the difference in the beautiful glow of your hair.
5. Auburn Highlights on Curls. A mix of reddish-brown highlights against dark chocolate-brown hair will make your hair look good enough to eat!
6. Dark Brown Highlighted Layers. Layered highlights on long hair are stunning.
7. Caramel Highlights. Take your color from drab to fab with a little highlighting on waves. Keep most of the highlights underneath the hair and as framing for the face for that “just enough” look.
8. Copper Highlights for Dark Hair. The dark brown hair with copper highlights looks romantic and brings those summer vibes, no matter the season. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the tone of highlights to personalize the style!
9. Ombre in Chocolate Shades. Dark brown is a beautiful natural hair color, but if you experiment with its shades and add an ombre effect to your style, it can make you look even more attractive. Bring waves or curls for volume!
10. Caramel Brown Highlights. Pairing dark hair with highlights is a great way of adding dimension and shine to your hair. Caramel delivers resplendent glimmer to dark brown hair.
11. Bronze Brown Blend. Less is more, so why go for radical changes when you can just add a touch of lighter tones? This trick will enable you to keep your natural look with a bit of twist.
12. Cinnamon Highlights on Dark Brown Hair. Selecting a suitable color of highlights is paramount to achieving marvelous radiance in your brown hair. Highlights in the cinnamon shade look really good on dark brown hair.
13. Flamboyage Highlights. This hairdo is fast and easy to make. Besides, it will look gorgeous on any hair color, from caramel to deep brunette. Subtle yet gorgeous, this dyeing technique is what you need for a change!
14. Peek-a-Boo Highlights. Dark brown hair with highlights doesn’t have to be bright and high-contrast. For instance, you can get partial peek-a-boo highlights that will deliver a dimensional, sun-kissed look.
15. Glossy Caramel Highlights. Dark brown hair with caramel highlights and a glossy finish is a great option to consider. If you decide to go for a subtle style change, we suggest caramel babylights that create a sun-kissed effect.
16. Piecey Hair with Honey-Brown Highlights. Take your short dark-brown hair and add a lighter shade of highlights for just that little extra beauty. Honey-colored highlights also help to bring warmth to the face, which is especially helpful for those of us who might be paler.
17. Subtle Brown Highlights on Medium Hair. Low-key highlights on dark brown hair will intensify the natural glow of your locks and make the color more vibrant. It is a great solution for the ladies who don’t want to deal with the consequences of intense hair bleaching.
18. Subtle Dark Caramel Highlights for Brunettes. Channel in your inner Blair Waldorf and spice up your hair with caramel highlights and just enough definition for the gossip-worthy lob.
19. Warm Brown Contouring. Dark brown hair with blonde highlights is a great idea that has earned its place among the classics. If you choose to lighten up only the front strands, you can be sure that your face will be highlighted beautifully.
20. Peek-a-Boo Highlights for Dark Hair. Dark hair with highlights can be styled so that the lighter strands will be noticeable only when your hair is curled. Such peek-a-boo highlights add texture to your hairstyle and are easy to maintain.
21. Rich Auburn Highlights. Auburn highlights on dark hair make you appear passionate, outgoing, and open-hearted. It is also a good solution for women with fine hair, as contrasting highlights make the locks look more textured and thick.
22. Delicious Brown Balayage for Black Hair. Add something a little more special to your long hair. Light brown highlights can easily bring a spark and volume to your brunette locks.
23. Contrasting Highlights. The dark brown hair with highlights looks amazing. If you are not ready to dye your hair blond, this is the way to see if you want to proceed with the experiment or not. Besides, it will definitely freshen your style up.
24. Delicate Bronze Highlights. Dark brown hair with blonde highlights may be too extreme for some. But what if you choose a less flashy shade? For instance, bronze doesn’t attract too much attention but spices up your hairstyle.
25. Cinnamon Hair. Balayage-style highlights in cinnamon make for a beautiful choice.
26. Peek-a-Boo Highlights. Place your highlights in random areas of the hair for an element of surprise for your audience.
27. Mahogany Highlights. For long dark-brown hair, a rich mahogany shines in the light.
28. Medium Dark-Blonde Highlights. Strike a balance in highlights with a blonde that isn’t too light or too dark.
29. Caramel Brown Highlights with Black Roots. First of all, having your roots untouched automatically gives 10 points to your low-maintenance style. Secondly, brunette highlights all over your head totally turn each updo into a masterpiece.
30. Light Chocolate Highlights for Black Hair. Liven up your dark brown locks. Dark hair with blonde highlights is another sort of sexy. Not only are the money pieces utterly seductive, but the definition is immaculate.
31. Cinnamon Highlights. Varying shades of light-brown (cinnamon) highlights quickly add beautiful dimension.
32. Beige Highlights for Short Hair. Short dark-brown hair with highlights is an easy way to go from drab to fab.
33. Caramel Bronde Money Piece Highlights. When the right hair color meets the right highlighting technique, a gorgeous hairstyle is born. Your dark brown hair can look like a million dollars with money pieces in an amazing hue like dark caramel blonde.
34. Cute Money Pieces and Highlights on Black Base. The delicate money pieces are cute for several reasons. They work as a flattering accent, highlight your face, and enhance the eyes. You can either wear them in a natural shade or in something funkier.
35. Thin Highlights for Brown Hair. Look at it from whatever angle or perspective, and you’ll still see the same thing – adorable dark brown hair with highlights. The waves bring the zing to her hair.
36. Face-Framing Highlights. Use gorgeous golden highlights to frame the face in a flattering way.
37. Ash Brown Highlights for Long Dark Hair. Try out an ashy shade before you commit to it entirely. Having a head full of hair allows you to experiment with literally anything, for example, give a chance to brown hair with highlights in a mushroom shade.
38. Barely There Chocolate Highlights. Wanting to ease into highlighting? Try this style.
39. Warm Balayage on Dark Brown Bob. The rich hue of cinnamon balayage on dark brown hair is exactly what this amazing short hairstyle needs to pop. The contrast between the darker and lighter brown hair is subtle yet stunning.
40. Brunette Hair with Caramel and Golden Highlights. Both professional and lovely, this style will fit right in with literally any vibe. Plus, it’s easy to take care of and doesn’t harm your locks!
41. Black Lob with Auburn and Golden Babylights. Sometimes even the sexiest dark brown hair can feel boring. Change it up with some bright babylights for a distinct dimension. Brown hair color with highlights attracts more attention than plain colors.
42. Chocolate Brown Highlights. If you’d like to keep the highlights for your dark brown hair as close to home as possible, consider a deep shade of brown such as chocolate brown.
43. Cinnamon Brown Highlights for Black Hair. You don’t have to go out of your way to turn your locks into a hot mess. Weave some cinnamon and caramel brown highlights into your brunette locks and curl them into loose ringlets. Your runway look is served.
44. Shiny Brown Balayage for Fall. Imagine transferring the warmth of autumn days over to your hair. Then show the stylist this picture with a cozy balayage featuring money pieces and lowlights and enjoy your dreams coming to life.
45. Black Hair Balayage Transformation. In case you’ve spent all your life as a very dark brunette, then coming to the lighter side might seem difficult. Give a go to a soft black-to-chocolate balayage if you feel like it’s time for brighter days.
46. Golden Brown Highlights. To recreate this enthralling sunny radiance in your brown hair, opt for brighter shades of blonde or golden brown. Create loose waves to make your hair more interesting.
47. Russet Patches. Auburn highlights you can barely see are perfect if you want just a smidge of color.
48. Caramel Macchiato Hair Coloring. Bleaching some strands of your dark brown hair to one of the lighter blonde shades gives dimension and depth to your mane. Choose your highlights in a shade that is close to your natural hair color and fits your color type.
49. Highlights on Medium Dark Brown Hair. The chocolatey brown hair with highlights in warm and cool tones looks really cute. Though your balayage can start from any point, highlights that spring out right from the roots offer a lovely luster to the shoulder-length hair.
50. Chocolate Salted Caramel. You don’t have to go for full-on colored highlights; a light cool-brown shade does wonders.
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re happy with your hair and you feel comfortable and gorgeous. The great thing about hair is that color eventually fades, which means that—in a month or two—you can try something completely different! What about dark-brown hair with highlights? Have fun experimenting.