50 Fashionable Hairstyles for Dark-Brown Hair with Highlights
47. Russet Patches. Auburn highlights you can barely see are perfect if you want just a smidge of color.
For those with dark-brown hair with highlights, you might think a blonde or lighter brown are your only highlight choices. However, hairstyles are versatile and can always be added to or improved upon. If you’re feeling bored with your current look, rest assured that there are many different colors you can choose from for highlights or lowlights.
We guarantee you that—by the time you reach the end of this article—you’ll have 50 new ideas to contemplate while you’re on your way to the salon, again!
1. Highlights and Lowlights. Mixing several tones together will play tricks on the eyes… in a good way.
2. Face-Framing Highlights. Highlights for dark hair are great for freshening up your look. If you don’t want to cover up your brown hair too much, try face-framing highlights. To achieve this look, you will need to lighten a few strands in the front and create several almost unnoticeable highlights here and there.
3. Caramel Balayage. Balayage on dark brown hair looks magnificent. Wear it casually or style for special occasions. For instance, adding some waves to your hairdo creates an elegant evening look in no time.
4. Highlights and Lowlights for Brunettes. Brown hair with highlights and natural lowlights gains amazing depth and dimension. It is low-maintenance and looks completely natural. However, you will notice the difference in the beautiful glow of your hair.
5. Auburn Highlights on Curls. A mix of reddish-brown highlights against dark chocolate-brown hair will make your hair look good enough to eat!
6. Dark Brown Highlighted Layers. Layered highlights on long hair are stunning.
7. Hazel Highlights for Dark Brown Hair. These dark brown strands are a bit spiced up with a warm and natural macchiato shade and then handsomely brightened with hazel-tinted highlights, which keeps the whole scheme on a more neutral side.
8. Copper Highlights for Dark Hair. The dark brown hair with copper highlights looks romantic and brings those summer vibes, no matter the season. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the tone of highlights to personalize the style!
9. Ombre in Chocolate Shades. Dark brown is a beautiful natural hair color, but if you experiment with its shades and add an ombre effect to your style, it can make you look even more attractive. Bring waves or curls for volume!
10. Caramel Brown Highlights. Pairing dark hair with highlights is a great way of adding dimension and shine to your hair. Caramel delivers resplendent glimmer to dark brown hair.
11. Bronze Brown Blend. Less is more, so why go for radical changes when you can just add a touch of lighter tones? This trick will enable you to keep your natural look with a bit of twist.
12. Cinnamon Highlights on Dark Brown Hair. Selecting a suitable color of highlights is paramount to achieving marvelous radiance in your brown hair. Highlights in the cinnamon shade look really good on dark brown hair.
13. Flamboyage Highlights. This hairdo is fast and easy to make. Besides, it will look gorgeous on any hair color, from caramel to deep brunette. Subtle yet gorgeous, this dyeing technique is what you need for a change!
14. Peek-a-Boo Highlights. Dark brown hair with highlights doesn’t have to be bright and high-contrast. For instance, you can get partial peek-a-boo highlights that will deliver a dimensional, sun-kissed look.
15. Glossy Caramel Highlights. Dark brown hair with caramel highlights and a glossy finish is a great option to consider. If you decide to go for a subtle style change, we suggest caramel babylights that create a sun-kissed effect.
16. Warm Caramel Highlights on Dark Brown Hair. This dark brown mane is slightly misted with auburn just to elicit a red sparkle in the sunlight, but the main focus is placed on the face by framing it with the softest caramel.
17. Subtle Brown Highlights on Medium Hair. Low-key highlights on dark brown hair will intensify the natural glow of your locks and make the color more vibrant. It is a great solution for the ladies who don’t want to deal with the consequences of intense hair bleaching.
18. Subtle Dark Caramel Highlights for Brunettes. Channel in your inner Blair Waldorf and spice up your hair with caramel highlights and just enough definition for the gossip-worthy lob.
19. Fierce Copper Highlights for Brown Hair. Bright blondes are not the only option for brunettes wishing to make a statement, and we are totally crazy about the peekaboo effect of the tiny copper-red streaks on the crown.
20. Peek-a-Boo Highlights for Dark Hair. Dark hair with highlights can be styled so that the lighter strands will be noticeable only when your hair is curled. Such peek-a-boo highlights add texture to your hairstyle and are easy to maintain.
21. Rich Auburn Highlights. Auburn highlights on dark hair make you appear passionate, outgoing, and open-hearted. It is also a good solution for women with fine hair, as contrasting highlights make the locks look more textured and thick.
22. Delicious Brown Balayage for Black Hair. Add something a little more special to your long hair. Light brown highlights can easily bring a spark and volume to your brunette locks.
23. Contrasting Highlights. The dark brown hair with highlights looks amazing. If you are not ready to dye your hair blond, this is the way to see if you want to proceed with the experiment or not. Besides, it will definitely freshen your style up.
24. Delicate Bronze Highlights. Dark brown hair with blonde highlights may be too extreme for some. But what if you choose a less flashy shade? For instance, bronze doesn’t attract too much attention but spices up your hairstyle.
25. Cinnamon Hair. Balayage-style highlights in cinnamon make for a beautiful choice.
26. Glossy Bronze Brown Balayage. This streaky espresso brown scheme is the perfect fit for natural brunettes who are not ready for drastic changes and who happen to have a neutral or cool complexion, which can pull off such sophisticated balayage blends breezily.
27. Mushroom Brown Hair with Highlights. This seamless balayage incorporates subtle shades of brown and gray to deliver a muted color palette, which is earthy rather than ashy and, thus, plays well with warmer skin tones without washing them out.
28. Medium Dark-Blonde Highlights. Strike a balance in highlights with a blonde that isn’t too light or too dark.
29. Milk Chocolate Highlights in Brown Hair. Chocolate brown is a go-to option for brunettes with warm skin tones, and this hand-painted combination of natural warm browns and iridescent golds shows how rich and dimensional this yummy color can be.
30. Bronde Hair with Caramel and Golden Highlights. With all those ribbons of blonde where honey is interspersed with gold, this bushy lob looks naturally sun-kissed while the flawless root melt makes it amazingly deep.
31. Cinnamon Highlights. Varying shades of light-brown (cinnamon) highlights quickly add beautiful dimension.
32. Beige Highlights for Short Hair. Short dark-brown hair with highlights is an easy way to go from drab to fab.
33. Toasted Dark Brown Hair with Highlights. What we like most about this roasted chestnut balayage is how the moody driftwood-colored tips emphasize the choppy texture of the cut without diverting attention from the main color scheme.
34. Taupe Highlights for Dark Hair. Here is an off-beat alternative to a nude beige bronde for cool to neutral complexions — it is dreamy and dimensional plus it has violet undertones to counteract any hint of unwanted yellow, yet it doesn’t feel too ashy.
35. Thin Highlights for Brown Hair. Look at it from whatever angle or perspective, and you’ll still see the same thing – adorable dark brown hair with highlights. The waves bring the zing to her hair.
36. Face-Framing Highlights. Use gorgeous golden highlights to frame the face in a flattering way.
37. Dark Copper Highlights on Brown Hair. The base color of this rich mix of brown and red is infused with mahogany hues to create a deeper underlying shade and make the intense copper highlights really pop.
38. Coffee Brown Hair with Soft Highlights. You don’t have to lift your color to blonde levels to create dimensional highlights on dark hair, such as these soft chocolaty hues, which emphasize the richness of the brown and enhance the overall shine.
39. Warm Balayage on Dark Brown Bob. The rich hue of cinnamon balayage on dark brown hair is exactly what this amazing short hairstyle needs to pop. The contrast between the darker and lighter brown hair is subtle yet stunning.
40. Brunette Hair with Caramel and Golden Highlights. Both professional and lovely, this style will fit right in with literally any vibe. Plus, it’s easy to take care of and doesn’t harm your locks!
41. Black Lob with Auburn and Golden Babylights. Sometimes even the sexiest dark brown hair can feel boring. Change it up with some bright babylights for a distinct dimension. Brown hair color with highlights attracts more attention than plain colors.
42. Chocolate Brown Highlights. If you’d like to keep the highlights for your dark brown hair as close to home as possible, consider a deep shade of brown such as chocolate brown.
43. Cinnamon Brown Highlights for Black Hair. You don’t have to go out of your way to turn your locks into a hot mess. Weave some cinnamon and caramel brown highlights into your brunette locks and curl them into loose ringlets. Your runway look is served.
44. Bright Blonde Highlights on Deep Brunette Hair. This color job strikes the eye immediately not only with the dramatic contrast created by depositing more depth into the natural shade but also with the amount of illumination directed to the face through the chunky golden blonde highlights.
45. Black Hair Balayage Transformation. In case you’ve spent all your life as a very dark brunette, then coming to the lighter side might seem difficult. Give a go to a soft black-to-chocolate balayage if you feel like it’s time for brighter days.
46. Golden Brown Highlights. To recreate this enthralling sunny radiance in your brown hair, opt for brighter shades of blonde or golden brown. Create loose waves to make your hair more interesting.
47. Russet Patches. Auburn highlights you can barely see are perfect if you want just a smidge of color.
48. Caramel Macchiato Hair Coloring. Bleaching some strands of your dark brown hair to one of the lighter blonde shades gives dimension and depth to your mane. Choose your highlights in a shade that is close to your natural hair color and fits your color type.
49. Highlights on Medium Dark Brown Hair. The chocolatey brown hair with highlights in warm and cool tones looks really cute. Though your balayage can start from any point, highlights that spring out right from the roots offer a lovely luster to the shoulder-length hair.
50. Chocolate Salted Caramel. You don’t have to go for full-on colored highlights; a light cool-brown shade does wonders.
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re happy with your hair and you feel comfortable and gorgeous. The great thing about hair is that color eventually fades, which means that—in a month or two—you can try something completely different! What about dark-brown hair with highlights? Have fun experimenting.