50 Most Stunning Updo Hairstyles You Can Try
Updo hairstyles automatically make you look so much more elegant. Needless to say, they are super comfortable, help you look effortlessly chic, and in many cases, you can do the beautiful updos you see in the pictures yourself.
We put together 50 ways to wear your updo so that you look fabulous at any event. Check out formal and everyday updo ideas below!
1. Chignon Updo Hairstyle for Long Hair. Make your beautiful brown locks stand out with a sophisticated twisted low bun.
2. Low Updo with Braids. Go for a braided updo if you are looking for a romantic, yet elegant feel to add to your everyday look.
3. Deconstructed Curly Bun for Weddings. Feeling like Disney Princess has never been as easy as with a cute updo like this. Sexy volume and romantic tousled strands, what else could you wish for?
4. Relaxed Waves Updo for Shoulder Length Hair. If you are going to a fancy event and you don’t have time for a hairdresser, tease your curled hair and pull it back into a cute low bun. You’re good!
5. Half Updo for Long Curly Hair. Volume-boosting updos for long hair are always a win, no matter what the occasion is.
6. Classic Bouffant Low Bun. The timeless hairdo that you can easily do at home and leave the house looking fabulous. Tease your hair and wrap it into a low bun.
7. Curly Hair Updo for Formal Events. Mix and match chunky braids with delicate waves, and don’t worry about getting messy. Make the hairdo super voluminous!
8. Messy Bun Updo. Master the art of the perfect loose updo, and we promise, you will conquer both the runaway and the workroom in the blink of an eye.
9. Medium Length Updo for Special Occasions. Another take on a beautiful messy curly bun. For more dimension instead of spraying all over with a texture spray, do each section separately!
10. Short Updos for Blondes. The assumption that you need long hair for a great simple updo is not quite true. Style your blond beach waves in chaotic twists for a dreamy finished look.
11. Chignon with Fishtail. This is a godsend for blondes with highlights. Your tresses will shine beautifully through the loose fishtail!
12. Elegant Hairstyle for Brides. Accessories always add something special to your looks. Crown your looped blond curls with a golden wreath to steal everyone’s breath away.
13. Messy Updo for Long Hair. An elegant loose style that will definitely do justice to your gorgeous thick highlighted hair.
14. Twisted Rope Style for Fine Hair. Look like a fairy with a beautiful updo for thin hair. Thanks to the frizzy twisted braids, you get the extra volume, while the loose face-framing waves add a cute touch.
15. Curly Updo with a Bouffant. Here’s a great style for medium length hair you can do yourself! Style your hair half up and half down, tease a little, twist and pin the curly ends. Voila!
16. Messy Updo for Medium Length Hair. Try this bun updo for your second-day curls! Add accessories for some cheeky sparkle and leave loose ringlets to frame your face casually.
17. Loose Wavy Updo for Blonde Hair. Style your loose waves into an airy French roll and arrange the rest of your hair around it! You’ll leave everyone speechless.
18. Fancy Updo with Waves for Longer Hair. A truly fantastic Mohawk updo style for long hair, although it might be hard to re-create by yourself.
19. Chic Formal Hairstyle for Long Hair. Updo styles like this one usually work best for ladies with naturally curly hair. Apply some texturizing product through your length and style your locks in a loose pony!
20. Sleek Low-Bun Updo. A great style for bad hair days, when you need to appear professional. Use some dry shampoo and twist your spruced-up ponytail into a snail-bun.
21. Long Hair Updo with Bangs. Make your luscious bangs the center of attention with this simple loopy bun updo. Softly blow-dried hair in the front acts as a curtain and oozes a relaxed boho vibe.
22. Inverted Low Bun Updo. When you need to look professional in little to no time, this style is the one to go for. Just twist three sections of your hair and bring them together, tuck the ends and secure with pins and some hairspray.
23. Updo for Long Hair with a Side Braid. A universal hairstyle to match any occasion and it’s really easy to recreate. For extra volume at the top, tease the crown and add a loose side braid with free-flowing strands to bring attention to your face.
24. Braided Updo for Blonde Hair. Perfectly fitting for a formal event, whether it’s a prom or a wedding, the thick messy Dutch braid running diagonally across your head is an absolute winner.
25. Bridal Low-Bun. A lifesaving stylish wedding “do”. The messiness of the top keeps it casual while letting you show off some highlighted locks. The twisted and tucked away bun works amazing for medium long and shoulder-length hair.
26. Inverted French Braid Bun. Thick hair can have much fun with updo hairstyles. Stay bold and classy with this casual braid turned into a twisted bun that surely shows off the power your locks hold.
27. Bridal Long Hair Updo with Money Pieces. Somewhat inspired by Ancient Greece, the messy ponytail bun suits perfectly curly-haired ladies. Rock it with loose frontal strands to create the innocent meets fierce aesthetic.
28. Bubble Mohawk Fancy Updo. When you need to stay formal but your inner punk just can’t keep quiet, it’s time to style a bubble braid updo for a charmingly cheeky look.
29. Messy High-Bun Updo for Thick Hair. Don’t let yourself fall into the stereotype that thick hair is impossible to put into a bun. If you are lucky to have that volume and length, remember to use lots of pins.
30. Twisted Updo Hairstyle for Medium Hair. Are you a fan of the ocean? This astonishing bend and pin updo is for you. The shorter and longer layers work in tune to create a dynamic wavy texture that can save a bad haircut.
31. Low Looped Ponytail. A lovely everyday look for Uni, work, or just a girly brunch. You can whip it in less than five minutes, so you’ll be serving your awesome effortless style in no time.
32. Halo Braid Updo. Dutch braids have long become everyone’s favorite accessory for updo hairstyles. Tease the crown and pull at the sections of the braid to make it bigger and messier.
33. Knotted Updo for Straight Hair. Imagine the geisha style without the stick part of it. It’s elegant, minimalist, and doesn’t involve a head full of curls like most modern updos do. An ideal choice to show off your pin-straight glossy hair.
34. Curly Updo with a Twisted Headband. Turn your favorite curly updos into something a little different with a cute accent. Twist two small strands and secure the headband across your head hiding its end under the side section.
35. Elegant Loose Updo for Long Hair. Hypnotize everyone with your complicated hairstyle by weaving a small fishtail braid into a chain braid and tuck the ends of your big messy updo.
36. Updo for Thin Hair. You’re going to love how versatile thin hair can be. By creating a twisted crown, you add volume to the top along with some alluring dimension, especially if you have highlights and lowlights or dark roots to show off.
37. Shaggy Low Bun for Balayage Hair. Get the contrast game to its highest level with a tousled low knot. The highlighted portion is packed into a shaggy bun popping against the black roots.
38. Long Hair Messy Updo Hairstyle. When there’s a ton of hair to work with, a simple French twist with loose curly ends and a teased crown is just what you need to leave them speechless.
39. Updo for Short Hair with Accessories. Create a romantic and sophisticated hairstyle in seconds with just a few bobby pins and a statement hair tie to secure your small bun.
40. Bohemian Teased Bun for Long Hair. A cute style for the casual days with a little bit of spice. The headband acts as a finishing touch to the messy look with loose strands and a teased crown.
41. Twist and Roll Messy Updo Hairstyle. A fashionable way to wear your hair to a formal event. The small braids woven into the roll definitely refresh an otherwise traditional updo style.
42. Low Loop Updo for Medium Hair. A trendy idea that you won’t find hard to recreate at home. If you have medium-long hair, it will be easy: just do your usual loop-through pony, braid its end and wrap it around the base of the pony.
43. Ponytail Updo Hairstyle for Straight Hair. Upgrade your regular pony by covering an elastic with your hair. Add a bouffant if you want a special put together look fit for a wedding or an important business meeting.
44. Messy French Twist. A classic way to put your hair up that suits all hair types and will go with nearly any occasion and outfit. Keep it messy for a more laid-back feel.
45. Short Curly Updo. Not one of the easiest ones, but sure it’s worth choosing for your big day. The short curls are put away into a cute updo that appears massive and royal, secretly adding a few inches to your height.
46. Low Bun Hairstyle for Shoulder-Length Hair. Don’t believe what they say about straight hair updos. They aren’t boring, whoever spreads the rumors just hasn’t seen this twisted, swirled, and tucked away low-bun.
47. Messy Black Hair Updo. Suitable for a romantic wedding gown or any sophisticated formal dress, a nest-like updo with a messy looped through ponytail won’t let you down.
48. Updo for Shoulder-Length Hair with Highlights. Make your highlights pop and the dimension do its job by pulling your layers back into a “cinnamon roll’.
49. Wedding Updo Hairstyle. Surprise your guests with a fancy mermaid updo hairstyle. A masterpiece like that is bound to add a spark to your special day.
50. Updo Hairstyle with Loose Curls. Even a casual outfit can benefit from a sexy updo. Tease your crown so that your voluminous layers can rest on it for a perfectly messy look with wavy ringlets flowing down.
Like you’ve probably realized, the key to the best current updo hairstyle is to have an overall natural look. We hope you’ve found what you were looking for among these fabulous updo styles!