50 Screenshot-Worthy Short Layered Hairstyles
Deciding to go for one of the current short layered haircuts is a brave move – you can’t just hide your hair in a messy bun if you don’t like it! That’s why it’s important to be clear on how you want it to look. Yes, you can get ideas from your stylist, but without having done your homework, you may end up with a hairstyle that’s not what you wanted – and then there’s no turning back! Lucky for you, we have compiled an extensive list of short layered hairstyles that are very trendy right now to inspire you for your next cut!
Why to go for layers? Layering is an effortless way to shape and add fullness to fine thin hair, but it can also remove bulk from the ends, distribute and reduce volume in thick wavy hair. Layers can also be adapted to flatter almost any face shape, building a universal cut many modern women embrace. Plus, they add a youthful vibe to the look – and who could say no to looking younger?!
1. Layered Pixie with Bangs. No list of short layered haircuts would be complete without a layered pixie! The long, side swept bangs are ideal for adding dimension – and are perfect for round faces.
2. Cute Short Bob. We’re huge fans of this modern look. Blonde highlights add more texture, and create an illusion of fullness, which is ideal for fine hair.
3. Short Layered Bob. When it comes to semi short bobs, making them angled can produce a look that’s both stylish, and playful!
4. Chic Bob for Thick Hair. For women with thick dark brown hair, a similar look with a layered back would add sophistication, and help distribute the thickness. It’s a classic short layered hairstyle!
5. Textured Bob. Want a short cut, but don’t feel ready to give up your effortless beach waves yet? Textured layers will be the perfect solution. Since the cut helps generate an appearance of thickness, it’s also great for thin hair.
6. Glamorous Layered Bob. A fantastic option for straight hair, this highlighted layered cut is really classy.
7. Stacked Layers. Stacked bobs are so on-trend right now! They look particularly flattering on wavy hair – and we’re in love with the bold, silver hair color.
8. Tomboy Pixie with Bangs. Are you after a haircut that’s very low-maintenance? There’s hardly anything easier than a pixie cut! This quirky tomboy look is ideal for short straight hair.
9. Layered Inverted Bob. A stunning choice for a brunette – an asymmetrical hairstyle.
10. Striking Red Layers. We’re strong believers that everyone should dye their hair red at least once in their life. Take a look at this front and back view – and tell us you’re not tempted to go for a chop with a full fringe, everything in a striking red?
11. Graduated Angled Bob. Graduated bobs are among the hottest trends of 2018 – particularly with highlights!
12. Razored Pixie. Razor cutting leaves the ends looking thinner and sharper as the opposite to the blunt look performed with scissors. Razoring is perfect for creating slightly messier looks.
13. Choppy Layered Cut. A choppy haircut is a great, low-maintenance option for wavy hair. Doesn’t it look so effortlessly cool?
14. Sleek Layered Blonde Pixie Bob. If you have naturally soft and sleek hair, this beautiful layered cut will look stunning on you.
15. Cute and Quirky Layered Pixie. There’s a common misconception that pixies are best on blonde hair. Check out this super cute layered pixie with a side fringe on brown hair. Charming!
16. Short Rounded Bob. Add subtle layers to your accurate bob to spice up the look a little!
17. Long Layered Pixie Cut. Growing out your pixie doesn’t have to be painful. This super cute cut is stylish and easy – and will look particularly good on fine curly hair.
18. Perfect Shaggy Bob. Flattering to women of all ages, a shaggy hairstyle is one of the latest hair trends, and it adds the much-needed volume boost to fine hair.
19. Choppy Layered Pixie. A short length choppy, textured look is another ultimate trend right now. All you need is a drop of pomade – and you’re good to roll!
20. Layered Curls. Naturally curly hair is an asset! It means your hair naturally has texture and all you need to do is guide it in the right direction. We love this awesome, subtly messy pixie for curly hair. It’ll look equally good permed!
21. Tapered Pixie with Jagged Layers. Looking for a hairstyle that stands out? How about these quirky and stylish razor cut layers? We love the contrast between the long bangs and hair that’s short on top.
22. Graduated Bob for Thick Hair. Inverted bobs will never go out of style! Plus, it’s one of the best hairstyles for square faces.
23. Feathered Long Pixie. If you’re looking to cut your hair short without going really short, throw in some longer razored layers throughout the cut. They’ll add length while still keeping the haircut visually interesting and edgy.
24. Dimensional Blonde. Brightening mid-shaft highlights, wispy layers, and the perfect beach waves. Don’t you love it?
25. Asymmetrical Pixie. Another gorgeous pixie cut that looks awesome on dark hair. Keep some of the length, while officially joining the pixie club!
26. Beautiful Bangs. There’s nothing we don’t love about short hair and bangs – it’s the perfect combo! Especially if the hair is layered and tastefully textured.
27. Warm Brown Textured Bob. We can’t get enough of these beautiful warm tones. The color combination brings this layered haircut to life!
28. Dimensional Layered Pixie. For a subtly different look, ask your stylist for lighter hair in the front that creates a multi-dimensional effect. We also make a note of the contrast in lengths between the super short hair in the back, and the longer hair in the front.
29. Effortless Multi Layered Waves. The balayage is beautiful. It looks good on any hair length – especially when paired with breezy beach waves!
30. Asymmetrical Layered Bob. Three words: major hair envy.
31. Messy Textured Layers. A fantastic look for someone who prefers cool messier hairstyles.
32. Burgundy Layered Pixie. Burgundy deserves to be added to your wish list of hair colors to experiment with!
33. Short Messy Layered Bob. Cute and sexy at the same time, this bob is an appealing option for anyone looking to go for short layered hair.
34. Sassy Layered Bob. A look that denotes confidence and class. Simplicity is key, right?
35. Textured Copper Waves. One of our absolute favorites: stunning copper highlights on the delicious dark brown base. So beautiful!
36. Cropped Pixie Cut. Cute and practical – what more could you ask for from a hairstyle?
37. Gorgeous A-Line Bob. If you’re looking for a hairstyle that’s a little more extravagant, then you’ll love this stunning A-line bob with apricot highlights. There’s nothing quite so glamorous!
38. Short Layered Bob on Dark Hair. Razored layers are the best way to create movement in hair – and make the look lighter and more interesting.
39. Silver Layered Bob. Silver hair is in demand – and we can’t get enough of it. Check out this awesome layered bob with a stacked back.
40. Longer Layered Pixie. This hairstyle boasts a lovely tapered shape and a variety of lengths for a structured look full of texture. In this case a solid dark color is the best choice in order not to distract from the dominant shape and texture.
41. Pink and Silver Highlights. The perfect color combination to please those looking for a sweet hair makeover!
42. Messy Long Pixie. Isn’t this a cool cut? We adore the texture and the straight-outta-bed look!
43. Chic Highlights. Ideal if you’re looking for a short to medium layered hairstyle. Warm, sophisticated, and super stylish!
44. Airy Blonde Layered Bob. The stunning style pictured here will flatter heart-shaped and oval faces.
45. Short Shaggy Pixie. This is probably one of the best short no-fuss hairstyles!
46. Layered Platinum Blonde Bob. It’s hard not to admire the icy blonde look. If you’re considering a short-to-medium cut and want to experiment with cool blonde shades – this one’s for you.
47. Modern Pixie with Long Bangs. The angled over the ear bangs are a nice addition to the longer layers covering the undercut
48. Edgy Undercut Pixie. This pixie cut is super easy to style, a nice find for ladies on the go.
49. Textured Piecey Bob. Whether you’re growing out your pixie or just considering a shorter hairstyle – the following short piece-y bob is undeniably gorgeous!
50. Inverted Bob with Highlights. Last but not least, check out this dreamy blunt bob. Major hair inspiration!
Short layered haircuts are absolutely stunning! Whether you decide to go for a pixie or a bob, bangs or no bangs – layers will add fun and movement to your new hairstyle, and help create a customized look that’s ideal for your face shape, hair type and figure. Finally, not only will you be sporting one of the trendiest haircuts of today – but you’ll also be able to style it in under 10 minutes! Ideal.