The Greatest Balayage Hair Inspiration for Your Next Salon Visit
Sure, each of you at least has heard about balayage hair or maybe even tried it – well, today it’s one of the biggest hair trends! This hairstyle is amazing and so well-loved because it doesn’t require frequent visits to the hairstylist and, undoubtedly, is able to make the hair look many times more beautiful, and your image – much more stylish. In addition, balayage is a technique #1, which visually adds volume and enhances the texture of the hair. Isn’t it exactly what we always want the most?
What is balayage? Balayage is a special hair coloring technique, related to highlights. This technology is mainly used to give soft shades to the locks and to create a natural sun-kissed effect. The bleaches are applied to individual strands and not from the roots, but at some distance, so that the emphasis on the new color is mainly on the tips of the strands.
The dye is applied to the strands in vertical strokes in a V shape, while the intensity of the coloring is unequal all over the hair – so the transitions between the shades are soft and smooth. In such a way a colorist can emphasize the shape of layered and textured hairstyles, as well as create a beautiful face-framing effect. This is especially important in case you have a non-standard face shape.
There is a huge variety of colors used in balayage coloring, starting from the natural hair shades and ending with all the colors of the rainbow: pink, lavender, blue, yellow, burgundy, purple etc. Which one to choose? It depends on your preferences and courage!
1. Blonde Colormelt and Balayage Highlights. A subtle gradation between the shades will emphasize the shape of the haircut, highlight the particular facial features and create a fresh win-win look, suitable for any age. A color melt balayage hairstyle will especially appeal to those who’ve always wanted to have thick hair – it will add some volume and Hollywood radiance to the strands.
2. Shoulder Length Dark Root Balayage. Shorter hair is an excellent base for experimenting with balayage. The caramel balayage with dark roots looks attractive and quite natural as if the hair has slightly burned out in the sun.
3. Subtle Bronde Balayage for Long Dark Hair. A soft, glossy balayage on dark hair is a guaranteed way for your locks to look stunning everyday: gorgeous shades really adorn your hair, no matter what hair texture you choose – curly, wavy or straight. Here you can apply the method of hair contouring, emphasizing the “strong” points of your appearance.
4. Sandy Balayage on Dark Brown Waves. When brown, golden and sandy blonde shades blend together, they build a magnificent and truly multi-dimensional hair style.
5. Messy Waves with Bronde Balayage. Light blonde highlights on dark hair in combination with messy beach waves create a fabulous summer look, and are a wonderful coloring option for those who have no time for regular salon visits.
6. Elegant Red Balayage on Dark Lob. Spice up your long bob with a couple of lighter locks near the face and some random highlights on the tips. The combination of a red balayage with a dark base looks chic and simply enhances the modern charm of the hairstyle.
7. Cool Blonde Balayage on Long Hair. Such a coloring is perfect for those who prefer cool and icy shades. Blended into dark roots, cool blonde strands look spectacular and refreshing.
8. Honey Blonde Balayage with Lowlights. Warm honey highlights mixed with brown lowlights will enhance the graceful natural look and make it brighter.
9. Perfect Bronde Balayage. There is no need to dramatically change the color if you only want to illuminate your natural hair shade somehow. Just add random golden highlights to make a beautiful sun-kissed effect and add some texture to the hair.
10. Luxurious Warm Balayage. The long hair delightfully reveals all the richness of the caramel color. The cozy, warm style will please you during the whole year.
11. Partial Dark Chocolate Balayage. Chocolate babylights will add some deep and spicy flair to the straight dark hair. And if you turn it into gentle waves, your style will sparkle with new unforgettable hues.
12. Blended Sunny Blonde Balayage. Dyeing locks in three tones will allow your colorist to create a smooth transition from natural brown hair tone at the roots to the brightened light ends. Very beautiful!
13. High Contrast Caramel Balayage on Dark Brown Hair. Radical dark roots and hair base together with high contrast strands: for thick and voluminous hair, this is a perfect way to emphasize the texture of the layered haircut.
14. Natural Sun-Kissed Balayage on Long Waves. Color blending over the entire length of the hair creates the effect of a very natural transition between the shades. No one would ever guess that this is the result your colorist achieved after many hours of work.
15. Golden Brown Balayage for a Medium Haircut. If you are a brunette and you don’t want to change your natural hair color significantly, then try a beautiful golden balayage. Leave the dark root color as it is, or slightly darken it, and make some locks much lighter, especially the ones near the face – play with shades to achieve a beautiful contouring effect.
16. Blonde Balayage Highlights in Black Hair. A true find for girls with solid black hair: it’s enough to highlight only a few strands to get a whole brand new fashionable image.
17. Ash Blonde Balayage for Gray Hair. A chic option for a lob haircut: an ash haze on the individual strands that looks almost silver gives volume and beautiful play of shades to the hair. Moreover, such a stylish coloring will make a mature woman look much younger.
18. Chocolate Hair with Bronze Balayage. A simple and at the same time ideal hairstyle for brown-haired women: a chestnut base and warm highlights.
19. A Light Version of Balayage for Shorter Hair. If the previous coloring options are too obvious and bright for you, try a light version with thin strands and a lower contrast.
20. Golden and Bronze Balayage for a Textured Bob. These two shades have been remaining relevant for many seasons. A chestnut-brown hair base and chaotic golden strands will make the image bright and summerish warm.
21. Copper Balayage for Dark Hair. Copper balayages look great on brunettes and brown-haired women. Most often they are preferred by the representatives of the “autumn” seasonal color type: the transition from dark roots to burgundy or mahogany shades looks especially impressive.
22. Brown to Baby Blonde Face-Framing Balayage. These highlighted strands in the front will contour your face, complement its best features and also make you look younger and more delicate.
23. Warm Blonde Balayage for a Wavy Lob. A smooth gradient from dark to light shades creates the effect of a natural color transition as if you’ve spent a whole month on the beach, lying in the sun.
24. Smokey Blonde Balayage. Do you want to become a platinum blonde, but hesitate to make this bold leap? Lay it on the balayage – bright blonde ends will, of course, attract a lot of attention, but the shade of the strands near the face will be warmer and softer, blended with your natural root color.
25. Icy Blonde Balayage with Shadow Roots. Such a cool ash blonde balayage looks gorgeous when the gradient between the colors is blended into dark roots since they set off the icy shade perfectly.
26. Cool Brunette Hair with Ash Brown Babylights. Just look at how amazingly the babylights reflect the light and create a three-dimensional effect on the strands!
27. Reddish Balayage on Long Dark Hair. Such a balayage option looks pretty simple and natural, and at the same time visually adds lightness and depth to the long layered hairstyle for thick hair.
28. Copper Color Melt Balayage. Such a fabulous and spectacular combination! Auburn locks stand out really beautifully against the deep mahogany tone.
29. Brown to Blonde Contouring Balayage on a Bob Cut. Dark roots and a smooth transition to the bright blonde tips: seems impeccable and fits almost everyone! Strands near the face are lighter than in the back of the head, which makes the appearance more expressive, and gives more depth to the main hair color.
30. Caramel Mocha Balayage. Toffee and caramel balayages are among the most fashionable color trends. You just have to decide whether you want to refresh the ends or to make caramel highlights along the entire hair length.
31. Rose Gold Balayage on Long Dark Hair. Sure, it would just be a crime not to combine these two huge trends in the beauty industry – the balayage and the elegant luxurious rose gold hue!
32. Ash Brown Balayage for Brunettes. Soft ashy brown ends add certain radiance to the deep dark base. In addition, thanks to such a color solution, this hairstyle is low-maintenance and the roots can grow out without bothering you.
33. Multi-Dimensional Blonde Balayage on Medium Hair. The mix of several shades of blonde and coloring in chunky pieces make the hair multi-dimensional, shiny and at the same time preserve the natural “sun-kissed” touch.
34. Golden Caramel Balayage. Ideal for long and very long hair: some strands are lightened almost from the very roots, and some are colored only at the tips. The blend of warmth and shine is rich and gives an unsurpassed brilliance to the curls.
35. Strong Black to Caramel Balayage on Long Hair. Dark hair can be perfectly complemented by caramel hues. This contrast between the strands represents a chic style, especially if you make elegant curls.
36. “Hidden” Champagne Blonde Balayage. If you don’t need a high-contrast coloring job to make your hair look voluminous, just lift a couple of random strands about 1-2 levels. And voila! Your hairstyle will glow with health and beauty!
37. Cold Gray Blonde Balayage for Long Bob. Blonde locks create the image of a girl angel and romantically frame the face. Such pearl, ash brown, and cool sand shades encourage a gorgeous sparkling effect and look lovely on messy beach waves.
38. Strawberry Blonde Balayage with White Highlights. The combinations of warm and cool shades are very in. White blonde and strawberry blonde strands give completeness and a luxurious look to the image.
39. Light Brown Roots with Face Framing Blonde Balayage. It’s so easy to become a few years younger within a couple of hours: just ask your stylist to make a center-parted balayage hairstyle that would frame your face nicely!
40. Shadow Root Hairstyle with Golden Blonde Balayage. A blonde balayage with blended dark roots is, probably, one the most convenient coloring techniques. You can forget about frequent salon visits for a long time, since slightly grown out roots are completely unnoticeable, and the hairstyle looks neat and trendy.
41. Sun Kissed Honey Balayage on Long Waves. Brunettes with a dark chocolate hair can choose light warm hues to brighten their base color. In such a way, you can achieve a natural play of light and shadows, add more texture to the hair and emphasize its thickness.
42. Rooted Bright Bronde Balayage. The best way to achieve a natural blonde look for a brown-haired girl is to make a beautiful color melt, leaving the roots untouched and mixing several light shades in – both cool and warm. Also, lowlights will help texturize the hair.
43. Caramel Macchiato Balayage. Imagine melted caramel dripping down a chocolate bar – doesn’t it look awesome? You can create the same delicious effect by spicing up your brown hair with a rich shade of dark caramel.
44. Ash Brown Balayage with Bronze Strokes. This one is particularly pretty on women with tanned skin. When using honey-beige shades you can get matte waves on the bottom and some healthy shine near the roots. This color will emphasize the naturalness of your look.
45. Soft Caramel Balayage on Short Beach Waves. If you’re a brunette and want to get the most natural effect, you can use such win-win shades as caramel, milk chocolate and coffee in your balayage. You’ll end up with an awesome and rich color shine.
46. Bright Tiger Eye Coloring. Soft amber-chocolate shades of the “tiger eye” look great on brown-haired women and brunettes with a warm skin tone and brown, green or hazel eyes. Works for both long and short hair.
47. White Coffee Balayage on Dark Hair. A delicate transition from dark to creamy shades is a wonderful option for those who have soft and gentle curls because they’ll immediately become visually more voluminous. It will also smooth out the sharp features, making them softer.
48. Cafe Au Lait Balayage for Brunettes. This hair color is incredibly gentle and versatile. It suits both young girls and adult women because it looks natural yet bright and luxurious at the same time.
49. Blonde Balayage on Straight Hair. Girls who have got light brown hair don’t usually appreciate and love it – it seems dull and boring to many of them. A balayage with golden or wheat shades will help to emphasize the healthy complexion, enhance the beauty of the eyes and save the naturalness of the look.
50. Dimensional Dark Blonde Balayage. A natural dark blonde looks very stylish. With the help of the balayage technique, you can create a wide variety of shades and soft highlights that resemble sun-bleached strands.
Don’t be afraid of changes. It’s never too late to make your image even more stylish and modern. And balayage hair is one of the easiest ways to achieve it!