50 Gorgeous Medium-Length Shag Haircuts for All Hair Types
Having mid-length hair isn’t a bad thing! You can style it curly, wavy, or straight, and it will look beautiful on all hair types. The best part about this length is that you can finally copy one of the much-talked-about trendy medium shag haircuts. A shag looks effortlessly chic in seconds! Also, if you get too hot or just don’t feel like wearing it down, your hair is long enough to put it up.
Here are some shaggy haircuts that will make you obsessed with your mid-length hair all over again.
1. Medium Curly Shag. Curls give a twist to this medium-length cut and add some major height!
2. Messy Shag with Jagged Bangs. Wake up and go with effortless waves! Finger comb through your hair and head out the door.
3. Super Short Layered Shag. Take a walk on the shorter side with this daring look!
4. Chic Shaggy Cut with Front Bangs. Can a shaggy cut be chic? The answer is yes! Front bangs instantly frame your face, while the med shag haircut gives you a fresh, current look.
5. Chunky Layers for Thick Hair. Look how layers can accentuate your medium thick hair?!
6. Medium Curly Shag. Take your curls up a notch with this messy, edgy style!
7. Light Brown Soft Haircut. Long layers with this wavy texture make your hair look smooth and super soft! Both thin- and thick-haired ladies can wear this style.
8. Icy Blonde Wavy Shag. Where chic meets playful!
9. Modern Shag with Bangs. Make this style chic with glasses and light waves!
10. Simple Waves. A style this classy only takes about 10 mins to do! Just curl lightly to give you some texture and volume and tousle the hair.
11. Blonde Mid Shag with Shadow Roots. Shorter layers give off a playful vibe that you can wear anywhere!
12. Rebellious Medium Shag with a Side Part. This edgy cut with long layers gives texture and volume to thin-haired ladies! Parting it to the side adds extra height to this rocker style.
13. Blonde Shoulder Length Shag. Calling all thin-haired ladies – the shorter layers bring texture back to your locks and give off the illusion of thicker strands!
14. Classy Soft Shag. Shorter layers that build this medium-length shag cut graze your cheekbones and jawline, softening your features flatteringly!
15. Strawberry Blonde Medium Layered Shag. The cut and color are EVERYTHING! A layered cut shows off the natural texture of your hair and works on all hair types.
16. Medium Shag with Bangs. Frame your face with razored bangs! This medium length cut is effortless and can be styled straight or wavy!
17. Soft Wavy Shag. Loose waves help you achieve an effortless vibe that takes less than 5 minutes to style.
18. Blonde Balayage Shag. Blondes have way more fun with a shag cut than with boring blunt haircuts!
19. Beachy Medium-Length Shag for Thick Hair. Thick-haired ladies – a cut for you! With longer layers in this style, thick hair easily gains airy volume and bounce!
20. Mocha Shag. We can’t get enough of this color! The shaggy cut adds some toughness to this chic look and can work with thick and thin hair!
21. Medium-Length Shag for Fine Hair. Major gray blonde vibes from this style! Loose waves give fine hair a lift and help show off the texture of this shaggy cut!
22. Platinum Medium Shag with Fringe. Longer layers with a middle-part fringe shift all the attention to your cheekbones and jawline! Not to mention – this color will look BEAUTIFUL in pictures and in life.
23. Rocker Med Shag. Black hair can be either chic when straight or rocker when wavy/curly. The mid-length allows for freedom in styling and vibe!
24. Medium Shag for Thin Hair. Shorter layers are a great way to add texture and thickness to your locks!
25. Straight Shag. Have fun with shorter feathered layers in this look – it’s alright if they aren’t perfect because they call it a shaggy cut for a reason!
26. Chocolate Shoulder-Length Shag. Show off your length with longer layers either straight or wavy! There’s nothing bad about shoulder length cuts!
27. Chic Mid-Length Shag. This black shag is upgraded with brown feathers to bring out its textured and movement.
28. Ombre Shag. Loose waves can give your hair a waterfall appearance – and this ombre waterfall is GORGEOUS!
29. Beautiful Brown Waves. I can’t get over how perfect these waves are! The shag cut helps bring an edgy feel to these feminine waves!
30. Textured Shag. Fine and thin-haired ladies, you might want to try styling loose waves or curls for this cut to get extra texture and volume!
31. Mid-Length Loose Waves. Switch up your long hair for this playful cut that works on all face shapes!
32. Sophisticated Shag. The straight, blunt front bangs give a classy flavor to this piece-y, shaggy cut!
33. Bronde Medium Shag. Take a different approach to highlights with this interesting color solution for your next trip to the salon!
34. Effortless Mid Shag. The combination of loose waves and layers adds texture and a hint of the ‘boss lady’ attitude!
35. Chocolate Textured Shag. Thick-haired ladies will love this cut! It gives you the length you want without weighing you down completely. The style is wavy to get the full textured effect.
36. Light Blonde Shag with a Fringe. Do you feel like some days you want bangs and other days you’re glad you don’t have any? This look is for you! Pin your hair back when you don’t want a fringe in your face or leave it down for days when you’re feeling bold.
37. Shoulder Length Curly Shag. Curls in this hairstyle will make you look like you have length for days!
38. Feathered Dirty Blonde Shag. Get major volume with shorter layers all over your head rather than classic long layers for this shoulder-length cut.
39. Wavy Balayaged Shag. Don’t be afraid to curl your shorter layers – with a light hand they turn into loose waves that give you an effortless style.
40. Collarbone Shag. Instantly draw attention to your collarbone with a one-length shaggy cut.
41. Platinum Blonde Shag. Who says blonde is only one shade? Play around with different shades of blonde and show them off with a shaggy layered cut!
42. Textured Shag with Shadow Roots. Getting a shaggy cut is all about bringing texture and life back into your hair.
43. Creamy Bronde Medium Shag. Look how much texture and volume she has? We’re jealous!
44. Dark Violet Shag. Gorgeous subtle violet hues peak through this brunette shaggy cut!
45. Shoulder-Grazing Shag. The razored ends barely touch her collarbone. Shoulder length cuts are super sexy and chic!
46. Boho Shag with Bangs. Freshen up your style with this bohemian-vibe cut. The front bags add a hint of softness!
47. Curly Brown Blonde Shag. Curl some pieces in different directions to get extra volume and texture. Remember, they don’t have to be perfect curls.
48. Mid-Length Shag with Balayage. Having a fringe and shorter layers on top with longer layers on the bottom of your shaggy cut will give you the volume you’ve been searching!
49. Retro Shoulder-Length Shag. We are getting Stevie Nicks vibes from this style!
50. Feathered Shag with Flipped Ends. Longer layers that are curved at the ends give you a feathered, fun style!
As far as medium shag hairstyles go, use these as inspiration for your next trip to a hair salon! If you want to explore medium shag haircuts – be bold and go for it!