50 Brand New Medium Length Hairstyles for Thick Hair
We’ve compiled 50 different medium length hairstyles for thick hair to inspire you for your next big look. Thick hair is truly a blessing. Full and shiny, any style is sure to flatter. However, every chick needs a great canvas to work with!
Choosing the right medium length haircuts for thick hair and upgrading them with flattering colors will inevitably lead you to your new self you’ll love.
1. Thick Medium Curly Hair. Uniform curls on medium thick hair prevent it from looking drab. It can also accentuate highlights in your locks – and who wouldn’t want to show off their perfect balayage job?
2. Medium Shag. Shaggy cuts are ideal for those with very thick, coarse hair, as the layering removes the bulk that weighs locks down.
3. Medium Wavy Angled Bob. A violet hair color is a perfect bold hue to opt for when you have brown medium locks. Treat your thick wavy hair with it for a laidback yet never boring style.
4. Messy Medium Bob Hairstyle. A medium length bob with beach waves is the flawless look for thick hair. It’s refined, yet messy, with lots of volume.
5. Thick Neck-Length Haircut. Face-framing layers give you an opportunity to style your hair to perfectly flatter your features.
6. Medium Cut with a Side Flip. The tousled hairstyle accentuates the fullness of thick hair, while the razored layers add dimension and messiness.
7. Mid-Length Razored Layers. Beautiful golden and caramel streaks on a dark base are nice for warmer months. Long razored layers create movement and dimension within medium hair.
8. Medium A-Line Style. The coarse nature of thicker tresses is the perfect base for an edgy a-line cut.
9. Shoulder Length Curly Hairstyle. Big, voluminous curls generate beautiful movement. For a more refined wave, use a clip on curling iron to shape some pretty ringlets, gently finger-comb, and spritz with a shine spray.
10. Short-To-Medium Jagged Haircut. Wispy layers paired with beach-inspired waves turn into a simple, tousled style on thick hair.
11. Gray Balayaged Ends. Silver-toned hair is the new pastel! When choosing a gray balayage, make sure to prep hair with deep conditioning treatments to minimize the damage.
12. Choppy Medium Bob Hairstyle. Choppy medium bobs are a long-lasting trend that will work for everyone – no matter your personal style.
13. Shadow Roots and Balayage Highlights. An extra volume on the crown creates a rounded shape that is lovely balanced by the angled front pieces of this cute messy lob.
14. Collarbone-Length Brunette Hair. Cutting hair below the collarbone makes it easier to style it without all the hassle that comes along with extra long thick locks.
15. Medium Beach Waves for Thick Hair. Subtle warm balayage brings the feel of summer into any season.
16. Mid-Length Tousled Haircut. Controlled frizzy hair is in! Don’t be afraid to tousle your locks with your fingers to achieve that coveted bed-head inspired vibe.
17. Thick Full Mane. Coarse hair is inherently voluminous. However, if you find yourself having a flat hair day, don’t be afraid to add some volumizing mousse, blowdry using a round brush, and tousle hair for a hairstyle filled with body.
18. Medium Brown and Gray Style. Want a messy hairstyle but don’t like the bed-head trend? This bob mixes the best of refined glossiness and messy waves for a more balanced look.
19. Shiny Brunette Hairstyle. For the sought-after reflective locks, maintain a consistent hair care routine that employs the use of a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, protein-fortifying deep conditioning, and leave in serums or oils.
20. Hairstyle with Front Highlights. Face-framing lightened strands always draw attention to a beautiful face and complement a well-layered mid-length cut.
21. Side-Parted Medium Hairstyle. Thick hair is often very durable and can stand the damage of the intensive lightening sessions necessary to accomplish a pure white or platinum.
22. Stylish Short to Medium Haircut. Medium haircuts for thick hair can include almost any style. However, it’s recommended to get layers to give your texture a new lease of life.
23. Medium Bronde Hair. Side swept fringes are modern, contemporary, and can easily camouflage some skin imperfections if needed. When cutting bangs on thick hair, it’s better to make them longer and thin out the ends.
24. Medium Curly Shag. Shags are well suited to coarser hair types, especially when accentuated with lowlights and nice chunky highlights.
25. Hairstyle with Thinned Out Ends. Heatless waves are a great way to bring texture to day two or three hair without any damage. Braid hair using two or three sections, depending on how textured you want your locks to be. Sleep on them overnight and wake up to a carefree style!
26. WOW-Effect Babylights. Babylights on the upper sections of the hair generate depth without damaging the hair, like a full lightening process would.
27. Big Curls for Thick Hair. A great blowout creates ideal voluminous curls for medium bobs with layers. Round-brushing and allowing hair to set makes for a long-lasting hairstyle.
28. Medium Haircut for Thick Hair with Balayage. If you’re aiming for a romantic vibe, there is nothing better than a combination of a medium haircut and balayage. Besides, who doesn’t want to have sun-kissed hair for any season?
29. Grungy Thick Hair Medium Length Haircut. For those who want something effortless and irresistible. You don’t have to burden your hair with styling mousses, use a curling iron, and brush it meticulously. A monthly visit to a good hairdresser is enough to maintain this fresh, daring look.
30. Medium Length Wavy Hair with a Deep Part. If you’re always ready for experiments, you need a universal haircut as a base style. This hairdo can be easily transformed, whether you want to add highlights, try a festive updo, or simply switch your hair parting every once in a while.
31. Choppy Haircut for Medium Length Hair. A choppy haircut stands out from other medium length hairstyles for thick hair. It’s a fantastic solution for ladies with unruly hair. If your hair can’t be tamed, it’s time to embrace it and bring it to a whole new level with this stunning hairstyle!
32. Luxurious Curls on Medium Length Thick Hair. Medium length hair is perfect for experimentation! Try classy retro-inspired voluminous curls, small bouncy curls when in a playful mood, or casual beach curls for a chill vibe.
33. Bangs for Mid Length Thick Hair. Straight bangs are an excellent option for medium-length hair. Along with this, this charming style promises many variations, meaning it can suit anyone! It can be short, regular, or elongated. Adjust the thickness of the bangs and its finish depending on the shape of your face.
34. Messy Medium Hairstyle for Thick Hair. It seems like windswept hair is a trend to stay here for a while. A medium haircut with choppy layers creates a casual yet classy look fit for any occasion. Go for highlights or lowlights to add even more dimension to your hair!
35. Elongated Bob for a Round Face Shape. The bob is one of the universal medium thick hairstyles and it works well with all face shapes. An elongated bob is a winning solution for ladies with a round face. For additional lift, choose a haircut with an elevated crown and add loose curls or waves.
36. Boho-Style Haircut for Medium Thick Hair. Boho hairstyles are brilliant for creative souls. Long, carelessly loose hair is classic. Light waves or curls can add to your chic. Medium-length thick hair is perfect for this boho style! Try braids, flowers, or feathers – the only limit is your imagination.
37. Graduated Medium Bob for Thick Hair. The bob haircut became fashionable in the early 1920s, and it’s still trending today. In addition to its exceptional aesthetic appeal, there is a practical explanation of its popularity: this elegant style looks great with any type of hair. A graduated bob is especially recommended for tired hair, giving it a flawless, groomed look.
38. Asymmetrical Bob for Thick Mid-Length Hair. Asymmetrical haircuts always attract attention. If you feel like turning heads and soaking up compliments, an asymmetrical bob is right for you. Want to spice this style up even more? Complement it with piece-y bangs.
39. Classic Bob for Medium Hair. This iconic hairstyle is unmistakable due to its beautifully defined shape. It not only allows you to demonstrate the beauty of your hair but also emphasizes your lovely face shape and gorgeous features. Despite its accurate look, you can also try messy hairstyles with this shape.
40. Layered Shoulder Length Wavy Hair. This multi-layered haircut allows you to adjust your hair volume and flatter your face shape. If you’re always busy but need a good hairstyle, layered wavy hair is the ultimate hairdo for you! It never fails to impress yet doesn’t require much effort to style.
41. Natural Look with Chest Length Hair. Trends come and go, but the harmony of external and internal features is always an asset. No wonder that nowadays, when natural beauty is so heavily emphasized, there is no requirement to wear complex, fashionable hairstyles, and minimalism is going strong. So, if you feel your best with simple chest-length loose hair, you do you! Add highlights or lowlights for a color accent.
42. Shoulder Length Lob with Balayage. A long bob, or lob, is a classic that never goes out of style. With this all-purpose length, you will look stunning whether you decide to wear your hair up, half-up, or down. It also works great with any texture – straight, wavy, or curly. If you don’t have much time but love experimenting with color, this balayage idea is a great way to refresh your look.
43. Shag Haircut for Medium Hair. Discover the soft side of these shoulder length haircuts for thick hair! Think Karlie Kloss, Taylor Swift, and Chloe Moretz. Whilst people generally see shaggy haircuts as wild and messy, there is a delicate side to them. Besides, this cut looks dazzling with bangs too!
44. Mid-Length with Bright Strands. Are you after an eye-catching hairstyle? Layered thick hair medium length hairstyles are here to brighten up your day. The highlights look fantastic with all hair textures and will definitely make you the center of attention.
45. Easy-to-Manage Inverted Bob with Balayage. They say thick shoulder-length hair is hard to manage. In fact, this depends on the hairstyle you choose. If you don’t want to invest much time in hairstyling, this beautiful, elegant hairdo option will suit you perfectly. The shaggy inverted balayage bob is as effortless as it gets. All you have to do is pay a visit to your hairdresser every month or two for dye and trim to freshen up your look.
46. Medium Wavy Hair for Dyeing. This mid-length haircut is fantastic if you want to dye or tone your hair. If you’re not quite sure about your preferred color, try temporary colors that last up to three days. In any case, this style is a great option for the girls who cannot settle for one color for too long.
47. Medium Wavy Hairstyle with Highlights. Loose chocolate waves paired with subtle highlights seem to be a combination designed exclusively for an African American woman. This irresistible natural look is suitable for any occasion and can be styled to perfection in no time.
48. Wavy Angled Cut. Shag layers should be a go-to for those seeking a rocker-chic medium length hairstyle for thick hair.
49. Thick Medium Bob with Bangs. Here’s a pretty and simple medium layered bob hairstyle for every day. Wrap midshafts around a thick-barreled iron, leaving ends and roots out. Finish with a humidity sealant and light-to-medium hold hairspray.
50. Classy Thick Hair Lob. Pin-straight, silky locks have been recently popularized by the Kardashians with their 70s Cher-inspired hair. This long bob has all the silkiness without the dramatic length!
Thick hair has a great styling potential compared to thinner textures, and looks very flattering in a wide range of medium hairstyles from shags, to choppy bobs, and shoulder layered hairstyles. Hope you liked these 50 medium length hairstyles for thick hair. Take advantage of your beautiful medium thick locks and go for an out-of-the-box look!