50 Impossible to Miss Bob Hairstyles for Black Women
Do you want to try a short bob but fear that it might not work with your face shape or hair type? We have a list of beautiful bob hairstyles for black women, and we’re sure you will find the cut, color, and style for you.
Find your dream bob hairstyle or a few black bob hairstyles to try out in the future.
1. Angled Platinum Bob with Side Bangs. As far as classy bobs go, this is one that you must try at least once! The angled cut allows you to keep some length in the front and lets you have fun with a fringe and face-framing pieces.
2. Short Black Bob. A sexy bob cut that is edgy yet chic. Keep it straight and frizz-free for a polished look or try light waves for an effortless twist.
3. Inverted Bob with Caramel Highlights. Having highlights only on the top of your hair is a bolder take on the original highlight look. These chunky caramel pieces are a pretty accent setting off the long front layers of the steeply angled bob.
4. Feathered Red Bob with Long Face-Framing Pieces. Check this awesome example of a gorgeous cut and standout color! You won’t stay unnoticed for sure.
5. Burgundy Bob. Go for a darker shade of red and a blunt asymmetrical cut above the collarbone for a sexy vibe.
6. Short Bob with Bangs. Front bangs instantly give you a chic, fresh flair. Black hair bobs are always in style and can perfectly frame your face and cheekbones regardless of your face shape.
7. Wavy Shoulder Length Bob. A lighter color will pop against your skin tone and brighten your entire complexion. Don’t be afraid to try out a lighter shade of brown or blonde during your next trip to the salon.
8. Jet Black Cute Bob. There’s a huge difference between a natural black and jet black hair color. Going for that jet black hue will seriously brighten your skin and add shine to your hair.
9. Symmetrical Blunt Straight Bob. How cute is this cut?! It’s great for ladies with thin hair who want to start fresh and embrace the texture.
10. Asymmetrical Bob Hairstyle. The asymmetrical style is eye candy from every angle!
11. Curly Blonde Bob. Curls add the texture that you might be missing, and they can be as loose or tight as you wish. For a beautiful contrast with your skin tone, go for a bright blonde color.
12. Inverted Platinum Bob. The greatest thing about the inverted bob is that you can enjoy a short length in the back and have some longer pieces in the front to style wavy, curly, or poker straight.
13. Black Layered Bob. Layering allows you to have a perfect shape and helps with volume.
14. Blunt Blonde Bob. If layers aren’t your cup of tea, go for a blunt cut straight across. Thick-haired ladies will love this cut because it’s easier to manage.
15. Inverted Shoulder Length Bob. Let your natural color peek through with this sexy style.
16. Magenta Red Side Part Bob. Bob haircuts for black women may get a bit repetitive – but you can use color as a way to spice up your look and make it stand out.
17. Butter Blonde Stacked Bob. Shorter layers that get longer towards the front bring height and texture back into your hair. Style it straight or do light waves.
18. Sleek Blunt Lavender Bob. Show your love for your favorite scent or color with this style. You can have an ombre or go full lavender – the choice is yours.
19. Unicorn Medium Bob. Upgrade your mid-length cut with a fancy dye job!
20. Pink Short Bob. We love this soft baby pink color with the angled layers.
21. Shiny Black Side Part Bob. Make black chic again with this polished side part cut.
22. Straight Black Bob with Front Bangs. Front bangs that graze your eyebrows are super versatile and can be combed to the side to switch things up!
23. Curly Auburn Bob. For maximum volume, style tighter curls with a big barrel and make sure to curl each piece alternating directions for extra texture.
24. Choppy Blonde Bob. To get that chic, messy look, try a choppy cut so that your layers add texture to your hair. Spray some dry shampoo to enhance the effect.
25. Inverted Bob Hairstyle with Color. Having those longer pieces in the front, you can play around with colors and finishes.
26. Chocolate and Caramel Curls. We love the contrast of colors in this style. Add texture with curls at the bottom of your hair using a medium sized curling iron.
27. Collarbone Weave Bob. If you want some extra length, thickness or a new texture, try a weave so you can instantly achieve the style you dream of.
28. Centre-Parted Curls. Who says the middle part flattens your hair? With curls all over your hair, you can have the same amount of height and volume as you would with a side part!
29. Feathered Light Brown Bob. Look how beautiful the layers fall in this style. The cut instantly draws attention to your jawline and collarbone. And this hair color! It is gorgeous.
30. Stacked Caramel Bob. The steeply angled shape and feathered layers build an awesome style. Only a delicate color can make it better.
31. Stacked Inverted Bob. Super short layers in the back will add tons of volume in this style – wear it straight or do loose curls for a cute, softer vibe.
32. Golden Blonde Piece-y Bob. Sometimes a piece-y stacked bob is all you need to take your look to the next level.
33. Chic Feathered Bob. Calling all thin-haired ladies – you’ll want this look ASAP. The feathered cut will highlight your thin locks by adding texture and bounce.
34. Half-Shaved Bob. Go for a daring asymmetrical look. All the attention will be on your longer locks, and this gives you the freedom to play around with texture.
35. Black Angled Peek-a-Boo Bob. Feathered layers on top with longer layers towards the bottom of your hair will really turn heads and allow you to have the best of both worlds in terms of length.
36. Red Flowy Bob. Longer layers with a sleek finish make your hair look like a waterfall. Choose a vivid color or consider pastels.
37. Slightly Angled Blonde Bob. The shape and color are chic and fresh!
38. Black and Blonde Bob. Instead of dying your whole head a new color – try a half black half blonde bob. Having a side part where the color is different will give you an edgy look.
39. Sleek Graduated Bob. If you want extra shine, run your straightener through your hair and turn it slightly up to leave a bouncy effect.
40. Chic Black and Blue Bob. Give your accurate look an upgrade with an electric blue at the ends of your hair.
41. Rose Gold Bob. Try mixing blonde with a bit of pink to get a rose gold tint. Leave roots dark.
42. Black Bob with Blue and Pink Streaks. Consider thinner peek-a-boo highlights to get a streak effect. You can style this look straight or curly to show the different colors in your hair.
43. Electric Blue Bob. Make a statement with a bright color that will shine in any season!
44. Blunt Black Bob with Front Bangs. You can try a weave or go for a blunt cut on your hair – either way, you will look super chic with this style.
45. Shiny Burgundy Bob. To avoid a lot of maintenance with this style, start the color a little lower on your roots so you can minimize your trips to the salon for touch ups.
46. Chic Black Waves. To get that perfect wave, use a smaller curling iron for shorter hair and hold your hair on the iron for about 15 seconds. Remember to curl in different directions to get extra texture.
47. Blowout Curls. Instead of using a curling iron, try rollers and then blowout your hair to form those bouncy, fuller waves.
48. Sleek Bob with Feathered Bangs. This ravishing peek-a-boo bob is just the thing to pair with the cat eye!
49. Textured Angled Bob. Stacking the layers short with a few long pieces added in the front and side bangs can help bring texture and life back into your hair.
50. Timeless Short Stacked Bob. This sophisticated hairstyle is always a go-to and will look great on all face shapes and hair types!
Bob hairstyles for black women are a feast for the eyes. Don’t shy away from shorter cuts, because it can add texture and volume to your hair. Hopefully you have found some inspiration in this list and came across your dream bob cut!