40 Ponytail Hairstyles for a Stunning Look
Ponytail hairstyles are not only quick and cute but also best for highlighting the shape of your face and accentuating your beauty. Ponytail styles can also be done in different ways to match your wardrobe and give you a boost of confidence, no matter where you’re going. A perfect hairstyle for any occasion!
Check out these 40 amazing ponytail hairstyles that are trendy in 2021.
1. Blonde Braided Ponytail. Rock and be chic with this amazing iconic hairstyle. Play with different hair textures and give more dimension to your hair.
2. High Braided Ponytail. Show off your marvelous braids and put them together in a high ponytail. Be proud of the many black ponytail hairstyles only you can pull off!
3. Low Curly Ponytail. Easy ponytail hairstyles like this low curly one take three minutes to create. It doesn’t take much effort, but this hairdo is eye-catching. Don’t forget to show off some baby hairs!
4. Swoop Ponytail. Section your hair and leave a piece out to be blow-dried and styled into a sophisticated swoop for dimension. Add some big curls for an even more irresistible look.
5. Slick Back Ponytail. Clean and elegant, this graceful hair fashion solution is a classic. It’s also easy to style and can be worn for everyday routines, whenever and wherever.
6. Box Twists Ponytail. Don’t have long hair for the high ponytail hairstyles you’ve been dreaming of? Ponytails from box braids make the best of extensions to make your hair dreams come true!
7. Weave Ponytail. You don’t need to wait for years to grow your hair or spend thousands of dollars to make it lush. You can just get a gorgeous high ponytail with weave anytime!
8. Side Braid and Low Ponytail. One of the classiest simple ponytail hairstyles that fit any aesthetic. You can do this hairdo even when you’re in a hurry and still want to look fab!
9. Blonde Box Braids Ponytail. Braided ponytail hairstyles are always on-trend. Braid your hair or play with extensions to achieve a unique and fashionable look.
10. Half Up Goddess Braids. This cute half updo with goddess braids stands out among numerous ponytail hairstyles for black hair. Decorate them with accessories and feel divine!
11. Fishtail Braid and a Ponytail. Get ready for any party with classy side braids either French, Dutch, or Fishtail ones, and a high, voluminous ponytail.
12. Long Natural Ponytail. Curly ponytail hairstyles will never be out of style. No wonder, as they let your ethnic beauty shine.
13. Wrap Around Ponytail with Braids. Mix different sizes of braids with your straight hair and add some accessories for an attention-grabbing style!
14. Dutch Braid Mohawk Ponytail. Compared to regular braids, the Dutch variation makes your hair appear more voluminous. It’s a top pick among cute ponytail hairstyles.
15. Curly Ponytail with a Scarf. What’s great about scarves is that they can also work in ponytail hairstyles for short hair. Curl your locks for more dimension and volume!
16. Coily Hair Ponytail. Tie your natural hair in a high ponytail for a quick, neat, and stunning look. Compliments guaranteed!
17. Curly High Ponytail with Braids. Can’t decide whether you want to be blonde or keep your natural color? Then do both! With Fulani braids, your hairstyle will look even better!
18. Wavy High Ponytail. You are sure to love this sleek and adorable retro hairstyle that can be paired with any modern outfit. Wrap a section of hair around the base of your ponytail for an aristocratic vibe.
19. Sleek Black Ponytail. Blow-dry your hair with a paddle brush to make it appear smooth. Also, apply your favorite hair gel generously for the sleek effect to last. Hair oils will add shine to your hair texture.
20. Bouncy High Ponytail. There are many ponytail hairstyles out there, but the high variation will give your locks the most luscious bounce.
21. High Ponytail and Curly Bangs. Simple and classy, this ponytail with bangs is perfect for anyone attending a formal event or going for a night out!
22. Thick French Braid Ponytail. Who said low ponytail hairstyles can’t be sophisticated? Just combine an easy French braid with your usual low ponytail, and you will always look on-point.
23. Crochet Stitch Braids Ponytail. A simple way to get a really trendy black girl ponytail is with the help of crochet braids. This technique uses a crochet hook to install extensions.
24. Simple Professional Low Ponytail. Try an effortless low ponytail for a relaxed look that is neat and attractive at the same time.
25. Voluminous High Ponytail for Wedding. Not enough poof? Get maximum volume with this majestic ponytail featuring massive curls.
26. High Ponytail in Platinum Blonde. Choosing the best color that matches your personality will do wonders for your ponytail look. Platinum blonde, for instance, is a stunning option.
27. Ponytail with Tree Braids. There are many ponytails for black women you can choose from. If you’re not into full head cornrows, try tree braids.
28. Luxurious Ponytail with Accessories. This voluminous ponytail is a great fit for a charismatic lady. Add some braids, waves, and accessories to fully channel your inner diva.
29. Natural Curls in a Low Ponytail. Look incredible with your spiral curls styled in a lush ponytail. +1000 points to confidence guaranteed!
30. Voluminous Long Ponytail. Long ponytail hairstyles open up many opportunities for creative feminine looks and can make your hair look more voluminous!
31. Sleek Ponytail with Side Cornrows. Elevate your silky straight hair by styling it into a ponytail with a few side braids.
32. Braided Ponytail African Style. It can be Ghana, Fulani, or a combination of different Tribal braids fed into a ponytail. African culture has many styles you can pick from and enjoy.
33. Pompadour High Ponytail. Craving for one of the timeless updo ponytail hairstyles? Add volume to your hair with a pompadour, twisted high ponytail, and airy bangs.
34. Messy Low Ponytail. Always on-the-go? Try this fast low ponytail, and you will be pleasantly surprised. You don’t even need any additional hair products to look gorgeous!
35. Stylish Cornrow Ponytail. Different ponytail hairstyles fit different girls, but this option will be a gem for the majority of black ladies. Give your stylist a call and try it out!
36. Formal Sleek Low Ponytail. This one is a favorite among simple ponytail hairstyles and it’s easy to recreate. Add some accessories for more pizzazz.
37. Scalp Braids Ponytail. Choose your style and mix all the braids you want! A combination of cornrows and box braids with a ponytail works for natural hair and weaved locks.
38. Thick Braids Ponytail. Want to try bleached hair without bleaching? Braid it into your hair! Now you can rock a hot two-tone braids and ponytail updo!
39. High Ponytail with Braided Bangs. This creative updo is one of the most glamorous ponytail hairstyles a black woman can rock. Let your inventive side out!
40. Side-Parted Cornrows and Low Ponytail. If you want smaller and tighter cornrows, choose the micro braiding method and enjoy admiring glances!
So, which ponytail style is meant for you? With the many ponytail hairstyles available, you have plenty of options to choose from. Select the variation that makes you feel confident and shine every day! Don’t forget to experiment with your ponytail styling to make it fully reflect your personality.