It’s no secret that fine hair turns styling into a tedious process. It may feel boring, flat, and lifeless. Although, with the right haircuts for fine hair, it is easy to get the desired full-bodied look and illusion of thickness.
What is fine hair? Fine hair means that the diameter of the individual strand is less than usual. It is the opposite of “coarse”. Thin hair refers to the hair follicle density.
The golden rule for looking flawless is the shorter the hair the fuller it seems! Adding layers is definitely going to help you with that desirable volume, and choosing messy updos and other medium length hairstyles for fine hair is highly recommended.
What are the best hairstyles for fine hair? Here we’ve put together a few examples for ladies with fine hair. See for yourself which style suits you best and get ready for a stylish makeover!
1. Hairstyle for Older Women with Fine Hair. A great way to wear very short haircuts for fine hair. Style it tousled with a light hold product recommended for your hair type. Works wonderfully for women in their 50s with fine hair.
3. Beach Waves on Fine Hair. When it comes to haircuts for fine thin hair, you should try at least once, a layered look with light beachy waves is a good choice.
4. Short Bob Hairstyle for Fine Hair. Look classy with a short bob. As you see, sometimes blunt haircuts look flawless on fine hair too.
5. Textured Feathered Bob. A hairstyle that works wonders for everyone. For over 60s with fine hair especially. It will help you achieve a bold fashionable look.
6. Highlighted Textured Lob. Perfect, easy to manage shaggy hairstyle for fine hair! Thanks to many layers and light beachy waves, it easily makes hair look thicker.
7. Pixie Cut for Fine Hair. Have your hair looking as luscious as Ruby Rose’s. The actress who plays Stella Carlin in Orange Is the New Black wears her pixie proudly, and so should you. No wonder, as it’s one of the best hairstyles for fine hair.
8. Mid-Length Wavy Choppy Bob. Everyone knows that piece-y medium length haircuts with layers turn any dull mane into something special. Keep the length above your collarbones for a bouncy effect. Styling bobs is super easy, as all you gotta do is arm yourself with a curling iron and create a few soft bent waves here and there.
9. Bob with Texture for Thin Hair. Remember, the shorter the thicker your hair seems! An easy to take care of haircut with minimum effort to style.
10. Fine Hair Shaggy Bob. This one is amazing for short fine hair! It works especially well if you want to show off your colored strands, as this short, layered bob has plenty of texture and gives you a grungy appeal.
11. Textured Pixie for Fine Thin Hair. If your hair needs a break, then choose one of the amazing trendy pixie hairstyles for fine hair and watch your hair regain its glory and shine. Give it extra bounce in the back with an undercut and bring out the crown volume using a deep part and side fringe.
12. No Bangs Long Bob for Fine Hair. Sometimes it’s best to keep it shorter when it comes to fine straight locks. Lose the length and get the gloss and strength back. A slightly wavy bob that grazes your shoulders will absolutely become your next go-to stylish cut.
13. Delicate Blonde Pixie Bob. Make your blonde color shine with a proper hairstyle for thin hair. Give the hairdo a few lowlights for a seductive dimension that will pop as soon as you add feathered layers. The longer strands in the front will flow gently framing your jawline and flattering your bone structure.
14. Long Layered Wavy Hairstyle. Beautiful fine thin hairstyles are not just medium bobs and cropped pixies. Don’t forget about long luscious hair. Choppy layers in the front give your wavy hair a waterfall effect that you can maintain with a curling iron or a hairdryer and round brush.
15. Short Textured Bob for Fine Hair. Your hair will thank you for choosing a low-maintenance haircut with an effortless styling routine. You can also opt for a little side fringe and some soft curls that will totally help to hold the volume and keep the haircut looking fresh for a few days straight.
16. One-Length Textured Wavy Bob. If layers aren’t your cup of tea and you’ve got wavy, lively locks, then one-length hairstyles for fine thin hair might be what you’re after. Use a bunch of hair products to keep the tousled style going and better avoid brushes that may ruin the flattering messy volume.
17. Cute Shaggy Messy Bob for Fine Hair. A side part is a godsend if you want to concentrate most of the volume on one side. Emphasize your bone structure with a cut that falls just below your chin. To create even more volume in your new hairstyle, style it with some beachy waves!
18. Choppy Inverted Bob with Highlights. It won’t take long to fall in love with your fresh cut, especially if you dress it up with silky highlights. Play around with platinum money pieces and add some depth with lowlights to match the shade of your roots. Go a bit shorter in the back to keep it naturally bouncy.
19. Discreet Medium Haircut with Layered Ends. Give your hair its spark back by adding subtly layered ends. This haircut for thin hair takes care of itself and doesn’t need much maintenance, which is always a great thing if you’re a busy lady on the go. If the style isn’t enough for you, then some light money pieces and highlights will liven it up.
20. Razored Pixie Bob with Long Bangs. If your hair is not very thick naturally, in shorter cuts it can look thicker. Keep it as short as possible in the back with multiple layers. As far as the front goes, try longer choppy bangs. They look fantastic and bring out the spark of your bright blue eyes.
21. Long Shag for Fine Straight Hair. If going short isn’t an option, we’ve got a few long haircuts for fine hair you can choose from. Enjoy a beachy vibe all year round with a choppy layered hairstyle featuring long curtain bangs. Tease the crown slightly and get the best of both worlds – volume and length.
22. Short Bob with a Fringe. Longer bangs don’t take any time to style and you just need a hair straightener for the beach waves. Perfect lazy hairdo!
23. Avant-Garde Asymmetrical Pixie. Make your style match your quirky personality with an experimental sexy pixie. Shift the volume to one side and keep the other one razored. Get an easy care statement look for every day.
24. Shoulder-Length Highlighted Hairstyle. Have the haircut speak for itself and bring all the eyes to you wherever you go. Add some bright strands to your mane, which will naturally give it spark and volume. Finish it with a deep part and a lengthy fringe-like wave for soft mysterious vibes.
25. Short Piece-y Pixie for Fine Thin Hair. A new haircut can make or break your look. Thankfully, there’s nothing to worry about if a soft feathered pixie catches your fancy. It’s super low maintenance and balances out your facial features while keeping all the volume in check. It may take a few days for you to get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, it won’t take longer than 10 minutes to style this amazing look.
26. Razored Medium Cut for Fine Hair. Razor cuts have been trending a ton over the past couple of years for a good reason: razored ends easily lift up the cut and give it a soft “just off the beach” look, which you can enhance with loose waves brushed through with your fingers.
27. Shaggy Bob with a Center Part. If you’ve got soft symmetrical features, you will absolutely enjoy a mid-parted bob. It’s the haircut for thin hair women of all ages can enjoy because of how versatile it is. The thick pieces in the front act as side bangs and the tousled back brings all the volume to the yard.
28. Fun Edgy Pixie Bob. Make your hairstyle as fun as you are, so everybody knows right away whom they are dealing with. The swoopy bangs and angled sides naturally make this style bouncy and original, which we cannot help but love.
29. Straight vs Curly Long Hair. For a lightweight yet full-bodied look, go with easy waves for your everyday hairstyles.
30. Pretty Lob for Fine Hair. To have both the length and bouncy volume, try this one-length cut with textured ends and style it with loose waves. Adding some longer side bangs can both highlight your facial features and create the necessary airy, dreamy, and exciting vibe everybody longs for so much.
31. Soft Feathered Medium Cut. Check this delicate yet daring razored airtouch combo for fine hair. You, fine-haired girls, can pull it off easily. So, leave your doubts behind and try something chic and current during your next salon visit.
32. Chin-Length Bob for Fine Hair. A hairstyle for those who feel bold and love edgy looks. Keep all the volume at the ends with this chic razored bob.
33. Curly Short Hairstyle for Fine Hair. As we’ve already seen, curls and waves are fine hair’s best friends. You could also do a buzzcut on the side to get one of the most popular haircuts for thin fine hair.
34. Textured Beachy Lob. You won’t have to worry much about the “just got out of bed” haircut! Add some texturizing spray and style a few bents with a hair straightener, and you are good to go.
35. Low Ponytail with a Scarf. It never goes out of fashion. To feel like a runway model in Paris, wrap your tail with a pretty headscarf.
36. Voluminous Shoulder Length Cut. Style your fine hair with a side fringe and layers for a put-together head-turning look.
37. Curly Fine Hair Lob. Help your hair appear thicker with smaller and messier curls!
38. Straight Bob Hairstyle for Fine Hair. This is one of those haircuts for fine, straight hair that will add volume to your thin strands with little effort. Thanks to the same hair length all-head-round, you get the full-bodied illusion you will barely need to take care of.
39. Bangs for Fine Hair. Go for the grungy 90’s vibe by embracing shorter wavy layers and a cropped jagged fringe.
40. Asymmetrical Bob for Fine Hair. Asymmetry and blunt edges make the hair appear thicker. And the A-line shape is timeless.
41. Long Wavy Shag Hairstyle. Add more body to your fine hair near your face with tousled waves and an off-center part!
42. Shoulder Length Hairstyle for Fine Hair. Are you wondering if layers are good for fine hair? Try any of shoulder length hairstyles for fine hair to see how shaggy textures improve your entire look.
43. Shoulder-Length Silver Bob. A textured cut will help to keep its effortless volume, while a 3D color ensures an illusion of a full-bodied hairdo.
44. Super Short Hairstyle with Undercut Design. Try an undercut with a fancy pattern to spice up your look!
45. Updo for Fine Hair. The upside to having fine hair is it’s much easier to style than thicker manes. This messy low bun with a bouffant is a perfect ‘do for any occasion.
46. Bangs for Fine Hair. A blunt bob with straight-across bangs is definitely one of the best haircuts for fine hair!
47. Cascade Fine Hair Hairstyle. Perfect, if you want to stick to a longer length but add a side fringe to the party.
48. High Bun with Half Moon Bangs. Use a donut for a neat top-bun and wrap a strand of your hair around to make it a little special.
49. Fine Hair Angled Bob. A classy and dramatic haircut for short fine hair that never goes out of style!
50. Edgy Pixie with Undercut. Choose this hairstyle to go full grunge and make a bold statement wherever you go!
See, having fine hair is not problematic when you know how to enhance the volume with the right haircuts for fine hair. Skillfully cut textures will make the styling process easy, all you need is to find that perfect hairdo to match your personality and hair type.