50 Hairstyles for Round Faces That You Absolutely Need to Try
Tired of unflattering hairstyles for round faces? Think it is impossible to find something worthy? Look at this from a different angle. Actually, a full round face can be a blessing!
Round faces tend to look more youthful and feminine if compared to extremely angular faces. However, almost every round-faced woman has had trouble finding a hairstyle that complements her face. So, what to do? How to find a really flattering hairstyle for a chubby round face?
Thankfully, there are a few tips and tricks! If there was one simple rule to follow when looking for the best hairstyles for round faces, it would be to frame your face around the cheeks and highlight your best features. Read on for more tips and get a comprehensive list of the latest trendy haircuts and hairstyles for round faces!
1. Short Bob for Chubby Faces. Asymmetrical bob hairstyles can really give an angular look to a round face!
2. Chin-Length Hair with a Side Part. This layered cut with bangs frames the round face well, giving it the necessary angles and elongation.
3. Shaggy Hairstyle with Feathered Bangs. This fabulous look is one of the fiercest hairstyles for round faces. For maximum impact, feather the bangs and ends.
4. Softly Feathered Hairstyle. This style adds texture without getting too messy and works for women with round faces and thick hair.
5. Long Shaggy Hairstyle for Round Faces. This hairstyle treads a fine line between “windswept” and “loosely styled”. It’s a great low-maintenance look among the best long hairstyles for round faces.
6. Short Wavy Hairstyle for a Full Face. The soft waves draw attention to your face’s natural curves. This is one of the best short hairstyles for round faces and thin hair.
7. Asymmetrical Comb-Over Lob. A long asymmetrical bob can give round faces more definition, especially if you like wearing accessories.
8. Swept-Back Short Hairstyle. If you’ve got short hair, you can still make gorgeous hairstyles in no time. All you need is clean hair, a blow-dryer, a good texturizing spray, and a bit of teasing in the front. Easy!
9. Short Cut for Full Faces. Short, sweet, and all-around fabulous, this hairstyle is perfect for the girl on the go. Style it with hair wax or gel. BTW, pixies look great on round faces with glasses.
10. Shaggy Parted Hair. If you want your face to look slim head-on, grow your hair out and style loose, “barely there” waves to create a natural frame for your face.
11. Collarbone Shaggy Bob. This is one of the most ubiquitous medium length hairstyles for round faced women—but it’s popular for a good reason! The wavy layers emphasize your eyes, nose, and mouth while slimming down your cheeks and jawline.
12. Curls with Bangs for Round Faces. A curly hairstyle can work wonders since the soft composition of curls and full bangs create a defined frame for the face.
13. Shaggy Hairstyle with Bangs. This grungy low-maintenance look is perfect for anyone who wants to express their artsy side!
14. Layered Hair with Curtain Bangs. Perfect for the office dress code, this hairstyle adds height and wraps around the cheeks without adding too much volume to the face.
15. Hairstyle with Curled Ends. Here we see one more perfect hairstyle for a round chubby face. To get a whole new look for your straight past-shoulders hair, curl the ends and enjoy the romantic vibes your hair is oozing.
16. Long Shaggy Hair with Bangs. This messy look is cute, sexy, and expressive! The volume of the hair works to accentuate your best features and make the face more elongated.
17. Wavy Hairstyle Without Bangs. If your hair doesn’t have much volume, then styling it in simple waves can be a great low-maintenance look.
18. Shaggy Layered Lob. This is one of the best hairstyles for over 50s with round faces since it looks stylish and is so easy to maintain!
19. Long Flowy Hair with Layers. The textured layers cover your cheeks and draw the eye down, slimming down your face. If you’re having trouble with a double chin, this look can help give you the appearance of a more defined jaw.
20. Very Long Hairstyle for Round Faces. Extra-long locks may also flatter the curves of your face rather than work against them. This hairstyle with extensions looks so good on the model! It`s impossible to take your eyes off this picture!
21. Balayage for a Round Face. This waves-and-color duo is perfect if you want to give your hair the illusion of volume!
22. Long Shapely Curls. Sometimes it’s best to accentuate the curves of your round face! This is a regal-looking style that flatters many women.
23. Deep Side-Parted Hairstyle. Looking for a carefree, casual look? Loose curls and extra height can help with adding length to your face and accentuating your eyes.
24. Two-Toned Voluminous Ponytail. If you aren’t afraid to stand out, this hairstyle makes use of generous volume and adds some color to really pop. It’s easy to wear as well!
25. Hollywood Curls. Tightly packed waves for your face shape should start not at the roots but somewhere near your chin, shifting the volume down. Otherwise, they will make your face wider.
26. Messy Bun for Straight Hair. The carefully disheveled bun with long loose strands along the sides is a casual way to frame your face and slim your cheeks.
27. Hairstyles with Headbands and Scarves. Using a hair scarf is a great way to carefully arrange the strands of hair around your face. It’s more stable than a ponytail and much more convenient than hairspray.
28. Side Pull-Through Braid. If you want to keep things fresh, stylish, and low-key, this hairstyle is for you! The bubbly vibe makes it one of the best go-to looks for summer when it’s hot but you still want to look like a goddess.
29. High Half Up Bun Hairstyle. This look is cute, carefree, and super charming! It’s incredibly easy too; just tie a quick topknot and frame your face with long poker-straight strands.
30. Free-Falling Messy Ponytail. An easy and eye-catching way to style your long hair, this hairstyle draws attention to the upper half of your face, away from your cheeks and jaw.
31. High Ponytail with Wow-Effect. This look is cute and fierce at the same time! It draws the eye up, elongating your face shape and can really accentuate your eyes and cheekbones.
32. Curly Half Updo. Even a small bouffant will add height and make your look special. Soft curls around your face complement its feminine curves.
33. Half Up Waves and Braids. This bouncy beach look is perfect for giving your round face a more oval appearance! Click the source link and see the video of this hairstyle.
34. Comb-Over Bangs and S-Waves. A full face with a smaller forehead can be balanced out by voluminous comb-over bangs. Style the lengths in waves or loose ringlets, avoiding puffy curls at the sides of your face.
35. Accessorized Soft Long Waves. For a more defined and formal style, pair soft curvy waves with sleek roots and a chunky accessory. This look creates a loose natural frame while still showing off your beautiful face.
36. Crowning Braid. This well-known flower girl look is classy, cute, and perfect for women of all ages! And it flatters round faces, of course.
37. Boho Half Up Hairstyle. A perfect combination of disheveled and elegant! If you find everyday hairstyles too bland, this flowy half up half down style is right up your alley.
38. Gorgeous Side Updo. Fit for the red carpet, this glamorous side updo is incredibly flattering for round faces thanks to its soft lines, relaxed nature, and asymmetrical silhouette.
39. Braided Bouffant Upstyle. If loose medium hairstyles give your hair too much volume, a tightly braided updo will keep it in place without taking away from your romantic look.
40. Sophisticated Updo with Side Curls. Long side curls are a great way to frame your face while the back of your hair can be as intricate or as simple as you wish.
41. Twisted Braid and Bun. This style can work for both thin and thick hair since it doesn’t rely on volume to complete an awesome look!
42. Elevated Ponytail. Definitely one of the best up hairstyles for round faces! Tease the top of your hair and face-framing pieces to elevate your basic ponytail.
43. Soft Chignon with a Twist Braid. The delicacy and softness of this simple updo can’t help but amaze us. At the same time, it’s a very universal hairstyle fit for every day and a special occasion.
44. Curly Updo for Shorter Hair. This look is comfortable, cute, and a little bit edgy! Great for women with naturally wavy hair.
45. Loose Low Bun Style. This look hides your jaw, partly covers your cheeks, and absolutely makes your eyes pop!
46. Messy High Bun Hairstyle. A simple bunch can give you a casual look or a date night look. Anyway, feel like a queen and you’ll pull it off!
47. Braided Updo with Curls. A little creativity and a simple braid will result in a cool, classy, and dainty look.
48. Low Messy Updo. Perfectly toeing the line between messy and elegant, this updo is a cute hairstyle for a round and chubby face.
49. Pretty Braided Updo. For thin hair and rounder cheeks, the tight-fitting braided updo lends some texture and volume to your hair, without hiding your face.
50. Fancy Braid and Bun Hairstyle. Suited for special occasions, the elaborate-looking braiding of this hairstyle gives the back of your head a mesmerizing look while opening your neck and jaw.
Thankfully, we’re all spoiled for choice with modern hairstyles for round faces. All it takes is a small change and a bit of trial and error and you can find your perfect look. So, get out there and start styling!