What haircuts and hairstyles will make you look taller?
Hi! How can I look taller with a haircut/hairstyle? Is it possible without outdated “beehives”?
Most “short” girls want to look a little bit taller. To achieve this, you need to follow some important rules, so, let’s review them!
– First of all, it’s necessary to keep the proportions of the body. Your head with a hairstyle should be proportionate to the body and vice versa–it shouldn’t look too big or too small. Very long as well as voluminous and loose hair visually makes a small girl even shorter.
-As a rule, heads of short people visually seem larger than of tall ones. Short haircuts like a pixie or a bob and shoulder-length hairstyles will help to make the head look smaller.
– By hiding your forehead under bangs, you visually shorten your face. To avoid this, wear your hair combed back. In such a way, hair tied up in a high ponytail or gently twisted, visually adds centimeters to the height. Combed back hair suits almost any face shape except for long and round ones.
– Blonde straight hairstyles can also make you look taller.
What hairstyles are suitable for short girls?
– High Ponytails and All Kinds of Buns
Feel free to experiment with bubble buns, top knots, the French twist, and teased hairstyles on the top of your head – these will lengthen your silhouette. A high ponytail is also a hairstyle that works flawlessly and helps to slightly increase the height and look slimmer.
– Hairstyles for Short Hair
Slightly messy hairstyles are a wonderful option as well – they’ll look great on a bob and very short haircuts, such as the pixie. If you prefer smooth hairstyles, keep in mind that they won’t look good on very thin, small-chested girls, as well as plus-size short ladies.
– Asymmetrical Haircuts Without Bangs
With a correctly chosen asymmetrical haircut, you can favorably emphasize the beauty of your neck, make the eyes more expressive, and also focus on the slim figure.
– Deep Side Part Hairstyles
They look best on dark straight hair, but also suit other hair colors. Using a gel, pull the strands upwards with your hands. Divide the hair into two sections so that one part is larger than the other and blow-dry. Next, adjust the voluminous parting with your fingers or a hairbrush – and voila!
Short girls also should avoid too bulky and too long clothing, which can visually deform the figure and simply turn it into a shapeless silhouette. But in combination with something slinky and/or flowing, one oversize thing won’t do any harm. V-neck balances out the broad shoulders, makes the neck look longer, and the big chest – neater.
As for footwear, nude pointed toe shoes will create the effect of infinitely long legs. Of course, shoes with heels will be a win-win option. But don’t choose too high, huge heels – they will make your walk awkward and will affect your posture. Heels should be no higher than 7-8 cm. Also avoid ankle strap shoes, as they make the legs visually shorter, and we don’t want that.
Hope, these tips will help you achieve the desired effect!
P.S. If you have more questions about haircuts, hairstyles and hair colors that can make you look taller, add comments below.
Featured Image: Thomas Ramirez – www.unsplash.com