How to get healthy hair?
How do you learn your hair to make it grow healthier?
Hair that does not look healthy is a common problem. There are lots of different things that affect the appearance of our locks. It is possible to get healthy hair naturally by simply growing it out and cutting damaged pieces, but it takes time. Is there a way to make hair healthy fast? In this article, you will find out how to help the damage and how to keep hair healthy.
Healthy Hair Tips
The very first thing you should learn is that you cannot undo any damage caused to your tresses. In essence, they consist of dead cells. The only real treatment is time, chopping off, and taking care of your strands to make them grow strong. However, it is possible to achieve the look of shiny healthy hair even if it’s damaged.
…top tricks for having the shiniest hair ever:
– Rinse With Cold Water. Cold water seals and smooths the hair cuticle, locking in moisture and adding shine.
– Do an In-Salon Glossing Treatment. The way light reflects off hair post-gloss makes it look super lustrous.
- Use a Clarifying Shampoo Occasionally. Consider adding a clarifying shampoo into your rotation once a month (but not more often, as it can dry out your tresses)…@fleursalondenver
In order to find out how to get healthy hair, let’s learn what can damage it. You need to determine the causes of your problem to know how to enjoy healthy hair again.
Reason #1 — Aggressive Brushing
If you brush your locks aggressively, you can damage even thick healthy hair. First of all, you need to pick the right brush. Then, never brush your wet tresses because they are easy to damage. If you want to get long healthy hair, you need to start brushing it from the ends up. If your mane is difficult to brush, use special products to simplify the procedure.
Reason #2 — Overwashing/Underwashing
Shampoo can strip the cuticle of natural oils and dry it out. Therefore, if you wash your head more often than necessary, the problem of dry locks may arise. As for underwashing, some people believe that it is enough to use a conditioner only. The thing is that without proper washing, a conditioner will build up on your strands, which will eventually cause damage. So, you need to use a shampoo or healthy hair home remedies suitable for washing.
Reason #3 — Certain Hairstyles
Some hairstyles like tight ponytails can be extremely damaging to your mane. That happens due to tight elastics and other accessories. Also, when trying to get voluminous hair, you can go heavy on back-combing, which is harmful even for strong locks. If you see negative consequences of various hairstyles, remember to give your hair a break. Special day masks or those that can be applied overnight can fix the problem.
Reason #4 — Chlorine and Ocean Water
Salty water and aggressive chemicals in pools can remove keratin from your hair. However, the risk is high only for those who swim a lot. To protect your tresses from such effects, it is recommended to wear a swimming cap, wet your hair in the shower first, or make a braid / bun before diving into the water.
PRO TIP: Apply Miracle Hair Treatment onto your hair before you go into the water during summer. This will help create a barrier between your color & the salt water or chlorine (aka sunscreen for your hair). This will also keep the condition of your hair feeling amazing all summer long! @naydene.salonkiin
Reason #5 — Too Much Heat
Soft and healthy hair can be quickly damaged by incorrect blow-drying, extensive use of a hair straightener, or exposure to direct sun rays on a hot day. You should limit the use of heating tools for hairstyling or stop using them at all. Another option is to apply special products for hair protection. On a sunny day, remember to wear a hat.
Reasons #6 — Dyeing Your Hair
The damage resulted from changing the color of your tresses can be pretty serious. Certainly, not all color treatments wreck hair. The least invasive is demi-permanent coloring. Some procedures like bleaching can be very harmful to your locks. Therefore, you should avoid dyeing your mane; otherwise, keep it constantly hydrated. Special products for hair repair after chemical damage may also help.
Reasons #7 — Chemical or Thermal Perms
These are great solutions for those who prefer the African American style. However, that is also the right way to dry healthy hair. So, how to get curly hair healthy again? In this case, you need to use products for chemically processed hair while avoiding tight elastics and other aggressive things mentioned above.
Now that you know the main reasons for damaged hair and possible solutions to the problem, you can improve the situation.
How Long Does It Take for Hair to Get Healthy?
It really depends on how much your locks are damaged, the causes of the problem, and the elasticity of your strands. Having dry hair due to extensive heat styling means that it has lost moisture and elasticity. In some cases, you will not achieve the right result for your mane without cutting it. For instance, if you have fried hair that refuses to look smooth, you can trim the ends every 6-8 weeks. While this will not allow you to extend the length of your locks, you will be able to make your damaged hair look good. Of course, you should also stop damaging your tresses with heat, or you need to use special heat protectants at least.
People always ask how to get hair like mine. It’s simple.
– Stop using heat on your hair. Once a month TOPS and always always always use a good heat protectant.
– Stop using products with sulfates and silicones. Sulfates strip your hair of natural oils and moisture, and silicones coat the hair strands and don’t allow your hair to get the nutrients they need.
– Stop dyeing and bleaching until your hair is healthy again. I bleach twice a year and just maintain my roots/ends with a demi-permanent dye and gloss every 12-16 weeks.
– Brush your hair with a gentle brush like a @thewetbrush and try to brush as little as possible. When you do, start at the bottom and work your way up.
– Be mindful of your ends. They’re the most fragile part of your hair. My favorite ways to protect them are dutch braids and buns. Just be nice to your hair. Take care of it and love it…@savannahlima
After bleaching, many ladies find their locks extremely damaged. While it is possible to use various remedies to make them look better, you will not get blonde hair healthy again. To arrive at really healthy hair, you will need to avoid causing repeated damage and to grow out your locks from scratch.
How to Maintain Healthy Hair
You should adopt healthy hair habits to keep your locks looking amazing. If you take care of your hair properly, it will not be damaged. So, do the following:
– Stick to a healthy diet.
– Brush your mane carefully.
– Style your tresses with the lowest level of heat if needed. You can increase it gradually.
– Determine the type of your hair and choose the right remedies, including shampoo and conditioner.
– Allow your locks to air dry.
– Massage your scalp often to increase blood circulation.
– Cut your strands regularly to prevent split ends.
Massaging your scalp every day will enhance blood circulation and help to strengthen your hair follicles. However, make sure you do it gently and don’t rub vigorously as that can cause your hair to break. @ayaniscoil_curlcare
Generally, it is impossible to make hair healthy again if it is damaged, because hair is dead. All you can do is to use special products and techniques to have it good-looking. You will need either to get a nice haircut to do away with damaged hair after dyeing it or undergoing other harmful procedures or to trim the ends regularly to solve this problem gradually. Remember to stick to our recommendations on how to grow your hair healthy.
Featured Image: gpointstudio – www.freepik.com