20 Tried and True Ideas on How to Style Curtain Bangs Like a Pro
So, you’ve got bangs. Curtain bangs. What’s next? Here comes a problem. Curtain bangs can be not so easy to style. If you want to know how to style curtain bangs and look like all those top Instagram fashionistas, check out our guide. All tutorials included.
20 Easiest Ways to Style Curtain Bangs
So, let’s check out if you know the basics. What are curtain bangs? Right, these are the bangs that split in the middle and frame the face on both sides. Who are curtain bangs best for? Believe us or not, a good hairstylist can find the perfect curtain bangs for literally anyone.
However, while Instagram is stuffed with stunning pictures of face-framing fringes, there are considerably fewer tutorials on how to style curtain bangs at home. Girls who believe that any bangs require much commitment prefer to hold back on getting this trendy accessory, as they don’t want to tinker with everyday styling. Our collection of tricks and tips proves that styling curtain bangs is a piece of cake, and you even won’t need to buy any exotic tools and products to master these methods. Check out the tutorial below.
1. Beachy Waves with Swirly Curtain Bangs. If you are a real mistress of beach waves, it won’t be a problem to learn how to style curtain bangs with a straightener. Just separate a tuft of hair above the hairline, hold it upright, and then work through the strands with the appliance curling them backward.
Check out the video.
2. Long Shag with Eye-Grazing Curtain Bangs. Here is a tip on how to style curtain bangs with a curling iron: blow-dry your bangs by pulling them down with a flat brush; part and clip them in the middle to create the shape; finish the styling by curling the outer edges of the bangs outside.
The tutorial is here.
3. Layered Hair with Long Curtain Bangs. This girl shows how to style curtain bangs with a round brush dryer by rolling it forward at the roots first (for volume) and then switching to the opposite direction (for the desired shape).
Check out the step-by-step guide.
4. Oversized Curtain Bangs with Loose Curls. Those who want to retain the perfect look of their freshly cut hair in the morning need to learn how to style curtain bangs with bobby pins (spoiler: roll your fringe inward and secure with pins on both sides). Learn the trick here.
5. Face-Framing Bangs and At-Home Blowout. If you are wondering how to style curtain bangs with straight hair to arrive at a salon-worth look, apply a styling mousse and heat protectant onto your strands and go through them with a Revlon hair dryer brush. Get the tutorial here.
6. Curtain Bangs with Textured Long Bob. This girl explains how to style short hair with curtain bangs so that it feels perfectly imperfect: she blow-dries it first and then bends the strands in different directions with a straightener. Click for instructions.
7. Curtain Bangs with Money Pieces. There is a way to reduce the harmful impact of heat on your hair if you know how to style curtain bangs with rollers: prep the bangs with a texturizing product and use large self-grip hair rollers to wrap the hair upward. Get the tutorial.
8. Straight Neck-Length Bob with Curtain Bangs. Ladies who style curtain bangs with a flat iron can follow the example of this girl. She secures the bangs with hair rollers after straightening them while styling the rest of her hair.
Check out the video.
9. Seamlessly Blended Curtain Bangs. We have already learned how to style long curtain bangs with a flat iron and self-grip rollers, but you can achieve a better effect if separating your fringe into two sections horizontally.
Learn how to do this in this TikTok video.
10. Brow-Skimming Graduated Curtain Bangs. Here comes a tutorial revealing how to style short curtain bangs in less than five minutes: get them wet, blow-dry downwards while sweeping the strands aslant with a round brush, and then shape the bangs with your hands.
A more detailed explanation.
11. Naturally Curly Hair with Curtain Bangs. If you are looking for a guide on how to style curly curtain bangs, we have got you covered! Use a blow-dryer to give them some lift and shape, polish the look with a straightener, and don’t forget to boost volume with dry shampoo.
Learn the trick in this YouTube video.
12. Mid-Length Wolf Cut with Curtain Bangs. Do you know how to style curtain bangs with wavy hair by simply tucking the strands in the right direction? This girl applies salt spray and literally sculptures the hair when blow-drying it without any brushing.
All steps are explained here.
13. Farrah Fawcett’s Lush Hair. This girl offers to style hair with curtain bangs using hair clips: you make neat locks with a curling wand and then secure each curl with a clip before spritzing hair spray for better hold.
The process of styling is shown here.
14. Fun Two-Tone Hair with Curtain Bangs. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to style curtain bangs after a shower: blow-dry your hair, curl the bangs away from your face with a curling iron, clip them up, and apply dry shampoo to the roots for enhanced volume.
All instructions are shown in this TikTok vid.
15. Voluminous Waves with Curtain Bangs. If you happen to have a set of Dyson AirWrap attachments, you can quickly curl your hair with a barrel and style your bangs with a round volumizing brush.
You will find a detailed guide in this video.
16. Retro 70`s Style Curtain Bangs. It may be tricky to get a perfect flip with curtain bangs until you watch a video hack from this girl, where she curls her fringe away from the face using a wand with a clap and then pulls the strands by hand to land the right look.
17. Shaggy Waves with Brigitte Bardot’s Bangs. Although we have already illustrated how to style curtain bangs with a blow dryer, you can learn yet another trick here — shape the required angles by pressing the hair with your hands after blow-drying.
18. Wispy Curtain Bangs for Straight Hair. Actually, you can avail of the combined power of a blow-dryer and self-holding hair rollers to arrive at bouncy curtain bangs, but make sure to roll the tresses inward if you are not going to create the 70’s hair flick. The whole process is shown here.
19. Lifted Curtain Bangs with Effortless Blowout. While this girl preps her hair with a hot air brush, you can get the idea of how to style curtain bangs without heat from her: curl your fringe with Velcro rollers and use clips to hold the locks in place.
Check out the video tutorial.
20. Bouncy Curtain Bangs with Long Locks. If you are looking for advice on how to style curtain bangs overnight, opt for large foam rollers since they are much more comfortable to sleep with than regular Velcro rollers.
Get the instructions for these perfect curtain bangs here.
With so many tips on how to style curtain bangs, you won’t shy away from this trendy addition anymore. You can even invent your own secret ingredient, and we will be happy to share it with our good audience.