50 Fabulous Medium Length Layered Hairstyles
Do you feel like you could do with a change? Would you like to transform your hairstyle into one that turns heads and is easy to style? You’ve come to the right place! Medium length layered haircuts are incredibly popular among women of all ages, face shapes, and hair types. Their versatile nature means there’s a cut to suit every woman – and the added benefit of layers means your hair will enjoy more shape, texture, and even volume (if you need it, of course!).
And now check out these super gorgeous medium length layered haircuts we’ve handpicked for you! They’ll provide the inspiration you seek for spicing up your shoulder length hair.
1. Ash Blonde Layers. Cool ash blonde is one of the trendiest colors of this year! Incorporate it into a medium hairstyle with long layers, and you’ll be sporting a stylish, modern look.
2. Soft A-Line Cut. The A-line cut has won over the hearts of many – and it looks particularly stunning on shoulder-length layered hair. If you’re not into the blunt version, opt for a softer haircut which is a lot more subtle.
3. Subtly Graduated Medium Hair. The soft graduation adds elegance to straight medium hair. Layers are a fantastic way to shape the hair as you want it – and reduce the weight if you have thick hair.
4. Effortless Layered Waves. Layering works like magic in revealing pretty, natural waves! Another proof that medium length layered hairstyles will enhance any hair type.
5. Messy Layers. Think you’d like a layered cut that’s on the modern side? There’s nothing trendier than this messy, slightly undone layered medium hairstyle.
6. Two-Tier Medium Bob. The combination of shadow roots and blonde hair is flattering – and particularly easy to maintain.
7. Soft Warm-to-Cool Balayage. If you’re a lady with luscious thick hair, this hairstyle is a great option to consider. It’ll reduce some of the volume and weight, leaving you with a stylish, well-shaped medium cut.
8. Smooth Hairstyle with Layers. Check out this glamorous hairstyle with soft, smooth layers. Isn’t it enchanting?
9. Pink and Copper Tones. Combining lowlights and highlights on your layered cut is a fail-proof way to add depth, dimension, and movement.
10. Feathered Medium Bob. Looking for a unique color to go with your medium layered haircut? Add rose-gold to the top of your must-try list!
11. Sun-Kissed Waves for Medium Hair. Another version of a multi-dimensional look that makes you want to ask her who the stylist was! This hairstyle is especially great for wavy hair.
12. Sophisticated Medium Bob. Is your hair crying out for some shape and movement? Check out this beautiful, medium bob!
13. Subtle Violet Tones. If you’re someone with thick straight hair, adding layers can take a lot of weight off your shoulders!
14. Mid-Length Ombre Waves. If there’s one thing we know for sure, there’s hardly anything more sophisticated than layered hairstyles!
15. Medium Length Layered Blonde. We think you’ll agree when we say that blonde is one of the hottest hair colors for women. Add a layered cut– and you have a killer look!
16. Long Layers for Thin Hair. Looking for a shoulder-length cut that adds volume to thin hair? Feathered layers do the job and look very feminine.
17. Textured Bob. A short to medium hairstyle is a preferred choice of many modern women. The cute and playful textured bob is well-worth experimenting with!
18. Medium Layered Inverted Lob. Ever considered an inverted bob for your medium hair? With this particular style a lovely shape is created at the expense of feathered layers that may look very different when performed on thick and fine hair.
19. Medium Blonde Hair with Choppy Layers. A flattering medium length hairstyle for anyone who has thick, straight hair. If you do, we can’t help but envy you!
20. Highlights on Medium Brown Hair. Adding subtle highlights is a wonderful way to subtly spice up brown hair.
21. Layered Medium Length Hair. Create an illusion of thickness and movement with this beautiful, choppy cut for medium length hair.
22. Stunning Rose Gold Tones. Rose gold + layers = absolute hair heaven! What do you think? Would you try it?
23. Babylights on Medium Layered Hair. Pretty, stylish, and easy to maintain – what’s not to like?!
24. Honey Blonde with Darker Roots. An adorable layered bob goes a long way – especially on honey blonde hair!
25. Simple Blonde Balayage. Layered waves are one of the most low-maintenance looks for naturally wavy hair. And when there’s a balayage involved – it deserves even more praise!
26. Multidimensional Blonde. There’s nothing that says sophistication more than a medium layered multidimensional blonde hairstyle. So much movement and volume…we can’t help but feel envious!
27. Glamorous Medium Brunette Hairstyle. Subtle highlights add an interesting twist to this gorgeous deep brown hair. We love the layered cut which makes the hair seem silky and weightless.
28. Sleek Shoulder-Length Bob. If you’ve been blessed with sleek and smooth hair, upgrade it with swoopy layers! Adding highlights will intensify dimension and thickness.
29. Medium Choppy Graduated Bob. Want a haircut that’s super fun and flirty? Choppy hair hits the spot! It’s a bold cut that creates definition and movement, while still looking easy and effortless.
30. Stunning Caramel Brown Tones. Here’s a classy women’s hairstyle that suits at any age. We love the warm bronde tones and chunky layers, which together create a sophisticated effect.
31. Feathered Medium Layered Hairstyle. A luscious, flattering hairstyle for anyone looking to bring layers into their life!
32. Medium Layered Bob. A bob haircut is always at the top of our list. Add layers – and enjoy the low-maintenance movement!
33. Copper Hair with Layered Bangs. Isn’t this fiery color simply stunning? Attention and compliments are guaranteed!
34. Soft A-Line Textured Bob. A-line haircuts are designed to give your hair a fuller look – making them an ideal choice if you wish to spice up your thin locks.
35. Textured Bob for Straight Hair. One of the main advantages of bob hairstyles is their versatility. They look great on wavy hair – and even hotter on straight strands!
36. Medium Cut with Short Layers. While many women opt for subtle layering – going for short layers is a fantastic way to make a look even more interesting. It’s a classy style that’s good for young women, as well as older ladies!
37. Mid-Length Layered Bob. Want a great face-framing cut softening your features? Look no further than this beautiful mid-length layered bob! It’ll add more thickness to your hair if it’s thin, or help thin it out if you feel like you could lose some volume.
38. Rooty Medium Hairstyle. The shadow root trend made it into our hearts last year – and our love for it has only been growing stronger! Check out this beautiful rooty blonde layered bob with side bangs!
39. Stunning Shoulder-Length Hairstyle. A balayage is very popular among women looking to add glamour to their hair – and it’s pretty clear why!
40. Sandy Blonde with Highlights. Another multi-dimensional blonde for your inspiration! This short to medium layered hairstyle doesn’t need much styling – the color is the staple of the look.
41. Textured Shoulder-Length Bob. Choppy cuts frame the face and create an effortless, delightful look every time!
42. Textured Medium Bob. Changing your hairstyle is the first step to an image transformation. Tired of your old looks? Dare to go for a captivating layered medium cut as in the picture – and bring your hair to life with layers and a stunning multitude of hues.
43. Smooth and Glossy Blonde. A platinum multidimensional blonde will not be complete without a stylish layered cut!
44. Medium Bob for Thick Hair. Another classy, ageless hairstyle that helps reduce the weight in thick hair, makes it look gorgeous, and a lot more manageable.
45. Modern Mid-Length Hairstyle. Want a look that combines timeless elegance with today’s trends? We have just the right hairstyle for you! Check out this beautiful combination of babylights and stunning balayage highlights on a thick bob with piece-y front layers.
46. Blonde Textured Bob. Adding lowlights to medium length layered haircuts creates visual depth and volume (making your hair look great even a few days after washing!).
47. Layers on Medium Brown Hair. The rich brown color is enhanced by bold short layers.
48. Medium Layered Blonde. Here’s another version of a brilliant rooty blonde hairstyle layered to add volume and movement.
49. Textured Beach Hair. Beach waves aren’t just for the beach! We love the texture on this medium bob, which is ideal for curly hair – as well as those with natural waves.
50. Blonde Balayage. Last but not least – take a look at this charming blonde balayage on medium hair. A multidimensional look of glamour, class, and style!
These beautiful medium length hairstyles will bring your hair to life and create a particularly striking look when paired with trendy hair colors of this season. Layers are a fantastic way to shape shoulder-length hair. They add volume to thin hair that desperately needs a boost, and can reduce weight in thick, heavy locks. We hope that this list of 50 gorgeous medium length layered haircuts has left you feeling inspired, with plenty of pictures to show to your stylist. Remember: confidence is what makes a hairstyle stand out, so wear it proudly!