30 Box Braids Hairstyles to Try When You’re Bored with Your Look
Box braids are a great styling option for stylish sporty looks. Especially for girls who do not have a lot of time to deal with their natural hair. One of the biggest advantages box braids deliver is a variety of color, size, and length to meet your individual preferences.
What are box braids? Box braids are single braids worn predominantly by African and African-American women. They consist largely of square-shaped divisions, although other shapes can be used too (e.g. triangle).
Check the following updated collection of box braids hairstyles 2020. Browse through our gallery of beautiful box braids hairstyles for some inspiration to jazz up your next hairdo.
1. Black Box Braids. Black is a classic hair color for individual braids. Sport some brisk black braids to get a natural-looking hairstyle.
2. Box Braids in a Bun. Hair in a bun offers a stylish appeal along with comfort and a cool feel. Rock a high bun like a goddess.
3. Black and Gray Box Braids. This idea uses quite big box braids and adds a black-to-gray ombre twist to the conventional braided look.
4. Thick Box Braids. The bigger the box braids are the bolder they look. You can include some accessories, such as rubber bands, to make your thick box braids even cooler.
5. Red Box Braids in Twin Buns. Two is always better than one. Wear your box braids in twin buns for a unique cool look with color.
6. Box Braids with Curly Ends. Box braids will make your dreams about extra long hair come true. Curl the lower half and you’ll have some really cool long box braids.
7. Waist Length Box Braids. Variety is one of the best things about box braids. Choose layered blue braids with beads for a unique, eye-catching look.
8. Box Braids with Shaved Sides. Box braids seem chic with shaved sides as well. You can incorporate some stylish patterns and mix some highlights into the braids.
9. Box Braids in a Braid. Jumbo braids give you a bolder look. You may either get chunky individual braids or play with a jumbo braid made out of your basic single braids.
10. Brown Box Braids. Another color that works really good for box braids is brown. Highlight your chosen brown and bind all the braids into one huge braid.
11. Cute Bob Box Braids. Don’t like your hair getting too long? Easy! Just install some cute neck-length bob box braids.
12. Box Braids Ponytail. The ponytail is a classic hairstyle. Style your box braids into a single bundle for a practical yet gorgeous look.
13. Box Braids with Curly Ends. Curls look amazing on many hairstyles. Box braids blend so well with curls. No need to braid the ends, simply curl them.
14. Ombre Box Braids. A striking combination of black, brown and blonde, those ombre box braids are super stylish. Highlight your braids to get a cool gradient.
15. Auburn Box Braids. Auburn is a great color to consider for elegant box braid styles. For example, you can get some extra-long small box braids and create a beautiful half updo.
16. Mixed Box Braids. Can’t decide what color to choose? Why don’t you use them all? Combine all your favorite hair colors in a unique box braid style.
17. Black Box Braids with Ash Highlights. A few ash-blonde braids stand out against the black background. The ash-blonde with white tips adds a chic edge to modern box braid styles.
18. Short Box Braids. Short box braids are so comfy!!! You can try some chin-length braids for a sporty look.
19. Black Box Braids with Shaved Sides. Keep it simple with rich black box braids and plain shaved sides. You can wear the braids swept to one side, braided or gathered into a pony.
20. Box Braids with Rainbow Highlights. Rainbow highlights in synergy with curls and, of course, box braids! Embrace this style for an effortless and showy look.
21. Bold Black Box Braids. Big and bold braids in total black. There are different box braid styles, these are big, and tightly braided, styled for durability.
22. Triangle Part Single Box Braids. Want box braids with a unique twist? Try the cute triangle parting for something different.
23. Medium Length Box Braids for Natural Hair. Shoulder-length box braids will not only offer you protection and comfort but also a stylish look.
24. Medium-Sized Blonde Box Braids. Blonde remains an extremely popular hair color. Merge it with one of the most versatile hairstyles and you get classic elegance.
25. Micro-Box Braids with Curly Ends. Tiny boho braids look as if they’re not there at all from a distance. They’re great if you want to go for a softer look.
26. Box Braids with Beads. Box braids always offer a considerable deal of visual appeal. You can take it a step further by accentuating your braids with some beads or other hair jewelry.
27. Middle-Part Burgundy Box Braids. Big and bold burgundy box braids with curls at the ends and some bright orange highlights.
28. Side-Part Rainbow Box Braids. A colorful mix of red, yellow, white, blue, green, purple, and black. Combine all your favorite colors in stylish box braids.
29. Box Braids with Cornrows. Love cornrows and box braids? Great! You can merge them both into a lovely cornrow box braid style. You will have cornrows in front and box braids in back, perfect!
30. Purple Box Braids. With a cool dark purple, you can get a fresh take on classic individual braids. The bold box braids in purple look unrivaled.
When you decide to get some box braids, your unique style and personality will always shine through your braids. So, don’t hesitate to express your style – you’ll feel more confident and, definitely, more gorgeous.