30 Braids with Curls to Give You a Funky, Chic Look
Braids are everywhere we know, but you can adorn your braids with curls and overshadow every other hairstyle. Curls ooze a fun and playful vibe. Add a mix of curls to your braids and you’ll look gorgeous and super-glamorous!
Braids and curls hairstyles are absolutely cool and have a jaw-dropping appeal. Want the same effect for your mane? Here we have rounded up a selection of the most delightful, Instagram-breaking braids with curls. As usual, we have something for everyone. Whether you’re searching for cool-girl or sassy, we’ve got your back. Just scroll down and make your pick.
1. Short Braids with Curls. Box braids in a bob are cute but they tend to look a little bit stiff, especially the thick and chunky ones. Strips of curly tresses here and there add a zesty jiggle to your thick braided bob.
2. Half Cornrows, Half Braids, and Curls. Create cornrows at the crown of your head to smoothen your hair backwards and accentuate your face, and then plait chic bohemian box braids. What can be more comfortable and cuter than box braids with curls in a golden blonde shade?
3. Half-Braided Half-Curly. Steal the show. Purplish box braids transmitting into a blonde ombre and terminating in soft, sun-kissed curls. These braids with curly ends are right on fleek.
4. Comb-Over Box Braids with Curls. Neatly done box braids with tight curls at the ends, parted and combed over for a cool allure. A very stylish hairstyle for the elegant woman!
5. Medium Braids with Curls. Shoulder-length box braids with curls sticking out here and there. This is the box braids version of the well-known lob hairstyle. Decorate it with metallic gold cuffs for extra glam.
6. Long Braids with Curls. You gonna love these long braids with curls. As your box braids are trailing down, they are accompanied by loose curls in a lovely bronde shade.
7. Cornrow Braids with Curls. Choose this if you need a hairstyle that delivers the look for every occasion. The braids start off as scalp braids fanning out from a side part and extend into thin individual braids tightly coiled at the ends.
8. Fewer Braids More Curls. Of course, you can always tweak your braids and curls hairstyle to your preference. You can go for sparse curls in your braids or do more curls and fewer braids. The generous tendrils in her hair gave it some really cute, bohemian vibes.
9. Fulani Braids with Curls. Tribal braids with curls are as fascinating as can be. In case you are not a fan of bead hairstyles, curling up the ends of your Fulani braids is a wonderful alternative to the beads.
10. Simple Braids with Curls. Oftentimes we find elegance in the simplest things. The combination of color and long length makes these lovely box braids what they are. The hip-length curls add the wow factor.
11. Goddess Braids with Curls. For lovers of edgy fashion, here is a fantastic hair-inspo. Use a neutral color for the braids with curls coming out in a vibrant shade like red or blue. The style is so eye-catching and bold.
12. Blonde Knotless Braids with Curls. Y’all know how cool blonde box braids are. Now picture how stunning they’ll look with curls dangling off them. Fascinating!
13. Simple Individual Braids with Curly Hair. For a really, really Bohemian feel, keep the curls long. Way longer than the braids, and let the curls come off from the very top. Braids with curly hair are always gorgeous!
14. Subtle Curly Hair in Braids. Hairstyles with braids and curls can be made as unique and personal as you like. The curls in your braids could be profuse and noticeable or scanty and laid-back. The colors of your braids and curls should be tweaked too.
15. Small Thin Braids with Curls. Small braids provide classy protective hairstyles. Leave the ends of the extensions unbraided and curled into wet beachy waves for a fresh look.
16. Lob Box Braids with Curls. Thick box braids that have the same thickness from root to tip tend to lack a good sway. More so for thick box braids styled into a long bob. Mixing your braids with curls gives them more movement and swing.
17. Square-Parted Braids with Curls. There are many things to love about these knotless braids with curls. The clean scalp, neat square-shaped sections, side-swept pencil-thin braids, and the loveliest of all… the curly ends.
18. Braids with Curls Bun Updo. And after you’ve gotten your braids and curls hairstyle, wear it with impunity. Flaunt those curls like it’s no man’s business. A braided updo like in this picture is a fantastic idea.
19. Super-Long Ombre Box Braids. Take a swerve from the regular and, instead of the usual straight ends, finish off your braids with curls at the end. This box braids hairstyle features a black root fade with the rest of the strands bronzed to perfection.
20. Medium Box Braids with Curls. Your stylist can leave the ends of your box braids loose and curl them up or braid them all the way down to the tips and then twist the ends into curls. Whichever way, you’ll arrive at gorgeous box braids with curls at the end.
21. Bohemian Braids and Curls Hairstyle. Box braids hairstyles look more voluminous when paired with curls. This fabulous bohemian hairstyle appears much fuller than it would as box braids alone.
22. Braided Inverted Lob. Spotting curly offshoots in your jumbo box braids offers a fashionable twist to your hairdo. The curly strand on each side of her face added a cute dimension to the hair.
23. Blonde Micro Braids with Curly Ends. The tons of admiration! The hairstyle is worth any stress it takes to get the braids done. You’ll enjoy wearing these attractive small braids with curls. The metallic glow of the braids and curls is mesmerizing.
24. Braided Asymmetrical Bob. Here is another one for the sassy babes. Everything about these braids and curls screams edgy. The chunky short and long braids, the vivid indigo accents, and the laid edges. Add some curls, metal beads, and cuffs too.
25. Long Center-Parted Braids with Curls. Long braids with curls are truly glam. Think of the many ways you can style these gorgeous black braids – ponytail, updo, wrap-around, etc., etc. All with those beautiful curls decorating your hair.
26. Kinky Jumbo Braids with Curls. Use curls and cuffs to dress up your jumbo braids if you want to take the fancy look further. The curls sticking out from braids add a bohemian touch while the cuffs introduce a tribal feel.
27. Knotted Box Braids with Curls. Curling up the ends is a great styling tip for making knotted braids look voguish. That accurate split in the middle is so cute.
28. Short Braids with Curls. The placement of the curls on your braids can be varied to suit your braids style. The short box braids look amazing with curls sticking out right from the roots.
29. Cornrows to Braids to Curls. Looking for a way to spice up your braids and make them more than just convenient and protective? Curl the ends. Cornrows with designs and tight spirals at the ends of the braids are glamorous.
30. Half-Up Half-Down Braided Updo. This is a neat way to style medium or long braids with curls. The mix of braids and curls in a high bun with dropped-downs in the back is super-chic and funky.
Whew! You’ve probably seen more than one braids with curls hairstyle that is tugging right at your heartstrings, eh? Go ahead and call up your stylist for an appointment. Braids with curls are trendy and cute!