50 Unique Braid Styles for Women to Copy This Year
Braided hairstyles are by far the oldest way to style your hair. Women all over the world use braids to protect their beauty from environmental damage as well as show off their wild imagination.
Get inspiration and find a way to express your creativity through one of these sophisticated yet not so hard to recreate hairstyles!
1. Big Braids. Tame your unruly curly hair with these chunky long braids. They are easy to put together and will help protect your hair from breakage. Definitely one of the best braid styles to try.
2. Braids and Curls. Wear your mane loud and proud with this chic style for short curly hair. Look put-together by braiding one section of your hair and let the rest of it bounce freely.
3. Half Up Half Down Braids. An easy and fuss-free style to rock plaited hair! You can pull your braids back and let them roam free in a long ponytail. A few strands in the front will frame your face nicely.
4. Medium Box Braids. Braided hairstyles for black women are a great chance to show your creativity! Alternate box braids with delicate curls. You can also play with your parting and try different patterns to diversify your braids hairstyles 2020.
5. Cute Braided Hairstyle with Beads. Classy and easy-to-do, French braids never go out of style. If you are going to an event, these braids are a perfect final touch to your classy outfit.
6. Tribal Braids with Gold String. Pay your respect to the African heritage with tribal braids. These are effortless to wear and you can spice things up with some statement beads or a gold string.
7. Mighty Mohawk. Work this bold hairstyle if you need a strong height boost! A thick braided Mohawk with undercut sides and back is a wonderful way to rock braids for black women.
8. Cornrows for Long Hair. Color adds interest to your long plaits while wrapping a scarf that matches your outfit or hair color does wonders for the overall look.
9. Snail Braid Updo. Sometimes all you can wish is a simple style for your formal event. The low braided bun can be done with extensions, so you can wear it even with short hair.
10. Braided Bun with Curvy Partings. This bun is amongst fancier ideas of braid styles for women. Work your way up to the thick bun with thin cornrow braids, repeating the curved partings around your head.
11. Cornrow Braids with Twisted Ends. Keep your natural hair protected with this hairstyle! Let your curls stay safe and accumulate strength while looking dashing with these fun braids and thick twists.
12. Crown Braid. Feel regal with this queen-worthy hairstyle that’s ideal for black girls! There are many types of braids, but when a halo-like braid wraps around your head, it’s hard not to feel special.
13. Protective Braids for Women. Help your hair maintain health and glow with professional protective braids hairstyles in 2020.
14. Lemonade Braids with Pink Highlights. Lemonade braids are fancy and simple at the same time. If you want to amp up their fancy factor, opt for a pretty hair color, and you are ready for both a casual brunch and a professional interview!
15. Afro-Pony with Braids. Thanks to African-American heritage, today’s black braided hairstyles bring so much creativity to the streets. Update our all-time favorite by mixing thin and thick cornrows, sleeking the sides and puffing up your pony.
16. High-Pony with a Simple Braid. Lift your pony as high as possible, braid it, throw in a few beads and you are good to go.
17. Thick French Braid Updo. Hide the ends of your fragile natural hair by braiding it. This simple braided updo is a quick and elegant fix for those days when you want to look put together with no effort.
18. Two Braids and a Braided Halo. Achieve this truly magnificent powerful look by braiding up from the nape to the crown and finish with a lovely “halo” sitting right at the top of your head.
19. Cornrow and Twist Braid Mohawk. Get a whole head of braids and blend the two most popular types of plaits – cornrows and twist braids.
20. Two Braids with a Creative Pattern. There is so much room for imagination when it comes to braided hair. Find a pattern to your liking and repeat it for that “wow” effect!
21. Black and White Braids. Mix tight and loose, black and white in your braids for a cool look. For something different, experiment with colorful extensions.
22. Half-Braided Hairstyle. Look beach-ready with this stylish hairdo. Insert shells or whichever beads you like into your braids and leave the rest of your hair curly and free.
23. Wrap-Around Braided Pony. Ponytails with single braids are always a good choice to keep the hair out of your face. The simple wrap-around pony looks very classy.
24. Bob Braids for Natural Hair. Being a great choice for short hair, bob braids are fun, easy, and comfortable!
25. Crown Bun. Some funky black and blonde dookie braids are a good braided idea if you prefer individual braids. With thick braids holding the “crown” you will wear this updo for days!
26. Cornrows and Knotted Buns. Imagine turning a basic everyday hairstyle into a head-turning look! Simple cornrows topped with two cheeky buns make for a great casual updo.
27. Angled Cornrows with Highlights. Get this sassy and quick to do hairstyle by braiding up all your hair and tying a couple of tight buns at the top.
28. Thick Blonde Braided Ponytail. Definitely try this bold style with long braided hair. It is awesome for a dressy event or a brunch date!
29. Intricate Geometric Braided Hairstyle. Stand out with angled partings, cute hair pieces, and a braided top knot! This look is perfectly sculpted and spiced with accessories.
30. Upside Down Chunky Braids with Buns. Multiply your favorite braid-to-bun and get a cute crown updo. Easy and showy!
31. Undercut Braided Mohawk. Nothing screams style during hot summer days like a Mohawk with nicely done side undercut.
32. Low Braided Bun Updo. Protect your natural black hair with a few tight braids easy to wrap into a bun. A bright or subtle color accent won’t hurt.
33. Bob Braids with Beads. Short-haired ladies can wear their braids as proudly and loudly as their long-haired sisters.
34. Trendy Braid Designs. Braids give you endless possibilities for creativity. Swirl, twist, wrap. Enjoy it!
35. Box Braids with Creative Undercut. How about colorful box braids with a bold undercut for a sweet summer hairstyle?
36. Side-Swept Knotless Braids. Rock dynamic knotless braids, swept over to one side and boasting extra length.
37. Braids with Heart-Shaped Design. Not only for Valentine’s Day – this cute design will attract everyone’s attention.
38. Goddess Braids. Can’t ever go wrong with simple neat rows. These protect your hair from damage and also look very cool and sleek!
39. Small Box Braids with Ombre. Channel your inner Beyoncé! Use extensions for the extra-long effect.
40. Fancy Cornrow Design. Use this bold hairstyle to make a strong statement. Added hair will provide thickness and length, while the creative parting is the cherry on the cake!
41. Feed-In Ombre Braids. Mix thin and thick braids for a particularly fashionable feel. Alternating different sizes and mixing styles gets you to a new level!
42. Knotless Single Braids for Ombre Hair. Braid your ombre hair into nice tight box plaits. Part your hair into casual squares or any other fancy geometric design.
43. Tricolor Box Braids. Color is always nice, especially when you want to add something interesting to your box braids. Finish your look with curly twisty ends.
44. Curvy Cornrows with a Bun. A simple and easy braided bun that works amazingly well for all ages and helps prevent hair breakage.
45. Top Knot for Small Braids. Another sweet style to get that extra height. The look starts with small box braids leading to a chunky, statement-making bun.
46. Cornrows with a Sleek Ponytail. How can you say no to a long luscious ponytail? Particularly, when it has roots in a plentiful number of braids!
47. Wedding Braids. Braids are a perfect style to wear to a special event! You can play with new designs. Adding sparkly accessories or fresh flowers is always a win-win.
48. Wedding Headband Braid. This elegant and effortless to repeat hairstyle is ideal as something delicate for the occasion. Choose a sparkly hair piece to complement your look and you’re good to go.
49. Low Braided Ponytail. The long ponytail braid is not new, but it won’t go unnoticed. Add extensions or keep your original length, it’s all up to you.
50. Micro Braids. These are a lot of fun and a lot of work to do, but the effect is stunning! Works best on short to middle length hair, as they might get a tad heavy due to the number of braids.
So, as you can tell, there are a lot of options for braided hairstyles. Whether you are after classy chunky box braids or a creative parting pattern, we hope you’ve found what you were looking for among these fantastic hairdos.