30 Hot Dreadlock Hairstyles for Modern Women
At times, when you can’t be bothered with everyday styling, dreadlocks are like a breath of fresh air. They can protect your hair, maintain its health, and let it grow all while looking super cool in tight locs!
Drop whatever it is that you’re doing because you need to take a look at these 30 dread braid styles right now!
1. Curly Red Dreads. A colorful accent helps you freshen up your look in an instant! Medium-length curly dreads with some color are absolutely what the doctor ordered!
2. Dreadlocks with Fade or Undercut. A pretty common way to style your dreads, which leaves you with some room for experimenting with the undercut section – its placement, size, and finish.
3. Synthetic Dreadlocks Hairstyle. For a cute dreadlocks style, you don’t particularly need a full head of locs. Sometimes just a few faux ones work just fine!
4. Blonde Small Dreads. Small, cheeky dreads in a contrasting blonde shade are easy to style, take care of, and they brighten your overall look!
5. Twisted Dread Updo. Feeling like a goddess has never been easier. A massive locs updo with tight braided and twisted locs is just the perfect fit.
6. Medium Dreadlocks Style. Curly dread hairstyles for women offer protective properties of loc styles and look amazing no matter what color and length you choose.
7. Dyed Dreads Hairdo. Don’t worry about loc styles being boring and lacking modern hair color solutions. You can easily get extensions with an ombre effect.
8. Short Dreadlocks Women Hairstyle. After numerous experiments with your hair, you may want to let it grow out while maintaining its health. Short and edgy loc hairstyles are the best for this purpose.
9. Thick Dreads with Beads or Strings. Adding dreadlock accessories to your style is a super simple way to turn your hairdo into something a little more creative!
10. White Girl Dreads. Pay your respects to the Rastafarian culture by making hair locks a part of your everyday stylish look.
11. Long Dreads for Women. Dread hairstyles in extra long lengths may feel excessive for someone, but they do look gorgeous on black curvy beauties.
12. Natural Dreadlocks Updo. Girls with dreads can sometimes struggle with putting their locks in the right updo. But with such cute, easy, and bold dreadlocks styles like this one, it’s no longer an issue!
13. Ponytail Dreadlocks with Bangs. If you’re after a style that will make you look awesome both in a formal and casual setting, this mixture of crochet braids, tight locks, and some color is what you want.
14. Blue Locks Hairstyle. The dreadlock ponytail is loved by many and can work fine in your natural hair color if you want to draw attention to the mix of dreads and twists. When the color is this bright, the texture steps back into shadow.
15. Curly Colored Dreads. Use your imagination and play with colors complementing your skin tone. This picture, for instance, shows a great example for summer and fall.
16. Long Faux Locs for Females. Who says dreadlocks can’t look feminine? These long bohemian locs beg to differ!
17. Blonde Dreadlocks with a Top Twist. This is another cool idea for girls who want to participate in the dreadlock culture. Twist and knot your dreadlock braids into an easy updo and enjoy a sweet daily-look option.
18. Colorful Kinky Curly Dreads. Modern meets retro: bright colored locs look so cute in a neat classic updo shape!
19. Yarn Dreads in Two High Buns. A great styling idea for students that allows room for creativity with a fun pattern in the back, and adds a few extra inches to your height too!
20. Braid with Dreadlocks. Braided ombre locs with wool extensions look wonderful in a wide range of styles from boho to grunge to fusion.
21. Mohawk Dreads Women. A professional-looking updo with colorful pieces that can be happily worn as a protective style for the whole summer!
22. Mohawk Dreads with Twisted Braids. Another take on the casual Mohawk that gives you more space to play around with dread designs, while keeping a tight, bun-like top.
23. Dreadlock Bantu Knots. Be ready for any event with braided dreads in cute, tight Bantu knots that look good at any time of the day.
24. Afro Dreads in a Low Bun. Be ready for your date night with this effortlessly cute styling for your lovely natural dreads.
25. High Bun Dreadlock Wig. When you need both a confidence boost and a cool hairstyle, go for dreadlocks that women of different cultures love so much.
26. Short Dreads in Blonde. If you’re only starting your locs journey, you can still put together a cute bun using your short dreadlocks.
27. Long Dreadlocks Bob. Sometimes you can just add a few locs to spice up your look. Enter faux crochet dreads.
28. Half Up Half Down Dread Bun. A wonderful idea for an outing with girls or a date. Women with locks love how easy and cute this style turns out to be!
29. Short Freeform Dreads. If you want the real aboriginal vibes and can’t be bothered much with styling, let your dreads form naturally with little to no interference.
30. Long Faux Locs Hair. Dreadlocks on their own make you look out of this world, while white dreads with a fade or undercut sides takes it to a whole new level.
It’s safe to say, that dreadlocks can make you feel daring, cool, stylish, and even a little mysterious. We want to believe that you’ve now found the perfect style to experience all those things with one of these 30 cool hairstyle ideas!