50 Goddess Braids You’ll Definitely Love and Want to Try
If you’re confused as to what goddess braids actually are, here’s a hint: they are pretty much your usual protective cornrows, just larger and chunkier. Both styles are woven close to the scalp, while the ends can be styled in multiple ways. There are also goddess box braids. Anyway, it is an astonishing ethnic hairstyle, and we are absolutely in love with it!
Get inspired and make 2021 the year of goddess braids by choosing one of the unique braided styles listed below.
1. Large Goddess Tribal Braids. What is a better way to honor the tribal culture than with a head full of luscious braids? Utterly amazing, if you ask us.
2. Goddess Braids Updo. Say anything, but braided updos absolutely have something special about them. Just look at this one with its criss-cross cornrows and a bunch of curls falling freely to one side – fabulous!
3. Small Goddess Bob Braids. If growing your natural hair out is what you’re after, then braid it into tight bob braids! It’s a good option to protect your hair with a comfortable and stylish hairstyle.
4. Goddess Feed-In Braids. Tame your unruly natural hair by putting them into tight goddess braids that will not only protect your hair but provide a fierce everyday look!
5. Chunky Goddess Braids into Low Bun. This is actually something you can put together yourself if you’ve already got braids done. Just twist the braids into a snug low bun, adding accessories as you go!
6. Goddess Braids in a Bun. With tight cornrows braided closely to the scalp and the rest of your hair wrapped into swirly buns, everyone will know who owns the room.
7. Triangle Goddess Box Braids. Something only experienced braiders will do, but it will be so worth it. As a result, you get long chunky braids with a clean triangle parting.
8. X-Shaped Medium Goddess Box Braids. Original goddess braids with a creative design in the back! Here we deal with box parting and a criss-cross pattern of the braids that end in 4 neat parallel braids.
9. 6 Goddess Braids. Restore and maintain your hair’s health with a stand-out style. Make your usual goddess braids special by twisting the scalp braid design and adding different sizes to the party.
10. Long Goddess Braids with Color. Make a statement with your favorite color by weaving it right into your massive goddess braids.
11. Goddess Braids High Pony. The contemporary goddess braids hairstyles offer a limitless range of regal protective hairdos. These brown ponytail goddess braids are tied up in a knot and accessorized with gold cuffs.
12. Goddess Fulani Braids. Why choose between two stunning braiding styles. Get gorgeous Fulani styled cornrows with small goddess box braids.
13. Soft and Elegant. These long goddess braids with soft wispy baby curls can be styled with braid strands on both shoulders or hanging down one side.
14. Braids with a Burst of Pink. There are so many shades of goddess braids to choose from. You can go for these eye-catching bright pink goddess box braids.
15. Long Delicate Boho Braid Elegance. If you are looking for a long-lasting and versatile protective do, these long luscious bohemian goddess braids with curly ends offer both. You can wear long goddess box braids hanging down or switch it up with an updo or a side-parted style.
16. Simply Classy Braids. You are on the go and need a classy hairstyle with goddess feed in braids. Complete your look with this classic yet glamorous look. A protective style made by plaiting 5 goddess braids in neat cornrows.
17. Medium Goddess Box Braids. Try shorter goddess braids hairstyles. Bring out the queen in you with knotless goddess braids. These goddess braids with curls and carefully sculpted baby hair give you a natural and effortless imperial look.
18. Big Bold Blonde Goddess Braids. Get this statement look that combines a natural bottom layer of zigzag styled plaits with thick raised goddess braids in a bun sitting at the nape of your neck. Accessorize with gold hair cuffs and rings.
19. Chic and Messy Goddess Box Braids. Box braids come in a variety of lengths, sizes, styles, and shades. If you like a more free-flowing whimsical hairdo, consider these messy curly goddess box braids which you can tie up for a cute face-framing look.
20. Goddess Box Braids Reimagined. These stunning light brown goddess box braids are versatile and can be worn in different braided buns as shown in the images. The pictures show a low bun pulled to the back and a beautifully woven side updo.
21. Long Tribal Braids. These long ponytail goddess braids cascade down your shoulders and are combined with Fulani cornrows for a charming hairdo.
22. Sleek Long Goddess Braids. Add some spice to your tribal braids with color using golden braids interwoven into the main braid color. This popular Mohawk hairdo ends off with braids to the back. You can also opt for goddess braids with shaved sides instead of cornrowed sides.
23. Goddess Braids in Classic French Braids. These two goddess braids are the ultimate expression of convenience and style. You achieve a quick and stylish protective ‘do for any occasion. Accessorize your big goddess braids with hair jewelry.
24. Cascading Long Goddess Twist Braids. Push the boundaries by wearing your hair long with these majestic copper-colored goddess twist braids with natural loose ends. It’s a long-lasting hairdo that is well worth the effort.
25. Refreshing Goddess Braids. There are times when you want a contemporary and non-traditional hairstyle with a striking design. These beautiful natural hair goddess braids include delicately crisscrossed hair plaits sectioned by thin cornrows and topped off with 4 goddess braids down your shoulders.
26. Shoulder-Length Braided Lob. If you are looking for an unforgettable hairdo, try these medium goddess box braids. Select a vibrant color you like. Check those gorgeous honey blonde goddess braids fashioned into a long bob that complements your skin tone.
27. Show-Stopping Braided Pigtails. There is no limit to how you can wear your goddess braids. This is one of the more daring and trendy goddess braids styles. You can combine tribal star-shaped goddess cornrows with two pigtail buns and loosely hanging plaits in the front.
28. Braids Flowing to One Side. These beautiful asymmetrical braids come down neatly to one side with feed-ins for a more natural look.
29. Goddess Braids in a Huge Bun. Here is a stunning goddess braids updo. Take that wrap around the top bun higher and accessorize with colorful elastics.
30. Tribal Glamour Braids. If you are looking for a neat protective hairstyle, consider these shoulder-length tribal goddess braids with classic bead ornaments.
31. Embellished Goddess Plaits. Once you have chosen the goddess braid hairstyle that’s right for you, glam up the look with accent box braids on either side. Express your creativity by adding gold thread in a corset stitch and hair cuffs.
32. Braids with a Hint of Gold. Keep it simple and playful with 3 goddess braids completed with shimmers of golden charms and thread wrapped around each braid.
33. Purple Braided Bun. These warm burgundy goddess box braids tied up in a sophisticated bun can give that extra buzz to your style.
34. Goddess Braids into Curly Pony. Why not add a twist to your cornrows. You can get these goddess braids with a weave and wear your natural hair as long as you wish.
35. Majestic Brown Braids in a Knot. Go for these graceful long brown box braids tied up in a knotted ponytail. You can maintain this classic ‘do for longer and use your imagination to style it up differently every day.
36. Large Goddess Box Braids. Add a modern twist to the timeless box braids with chunky medium length triangular goddess braids. This regal hairdo ends with thick curls in two contrasting shades.
37. Large Tribal Braids with a Splash of Color. Why not add a captivating color to your traditional tribal braids hairstyles. For a bold and sizzling look, get these red goddess braids. The feed-ins create a bright protective style with an unnatural color nicely blended with your natural roots.
38. U-Shaped Goddess Braids in a Bun. Add a sophisticated touch to your hairdo by getting thin U-shaped cornrows finished off with a neatly twisted bun carefully placed on top.
39. Goddess Cornrows with Bright Curls. A combination of styles gives you a standout look. This goddess braid style can be complemented with a curly caramel ponytail weave in a classy knot.
40. Cross-Stitched Goddess Waves. No mess, no fuss. The clean cross-stitched wavy goddess braids tied up in a ponytail give you an on-point ‘do.
41. Crochet Goddess Braids. The high bun is a universal solution whether you opt for individual crochet braids or cornrows. Goddess braids are often preferred because you get a fixed pattern you really like.
42. Two Goddess Braids. Nothing beats the classics! The center-parted long boxer braids are absolutely to die for.
43. Cornrow Goddess Braids with Snowflake Pattern. The beauty and creativity of goddess braids are endless – you can choose whichever parting you like and get an eye-catching design.
44. Short Goddess Box Braids. If a bright color doesn’t cut it, then get a head full of old-school braids with weaved in strings or beads.
45. Blonde Goddess Braids. If you feel like protective hairstyles aren’t for your particular type of hair, stop right there. Weave in extensions, play with braid sizes, lengths, colors, and you’re all set!
46. Cute Feed-In Goddess Braids. A perfect fit for an everyday protective hairstyle with a fun twist. Not just your regular cornrow goddess braids, but with two half-braids fed-in!
47. Burgundy Goddess Box Braids. Go for this absolutely incredible colossal mountain of braids using yarn extensions of contrasting colors. To all color addicts out there!
48. Red Goddess Braids. Try a bright color and braid the hair into a creative geometric pattern to make the hairdo more fun. Finish with a wrapped ponytail or a high bun.
49. Knotless Goddess Braids. Get traditional goddess braids done with a minimalist square parting for a good basic look to pair with wardrobe in any style.
50. Ombre Goddess Braids with a Swirl. Style your natural hair with ombre braids to showcase the color of your mood. To make the hairstyle more exciting, turn your usual parting into a creative swirl.
Goddess braids are undeniably a special form of art worthy of appreciation. We hope the incredible images above have inspired you to give this cute protective hairstyle a try, or, if you’ve already got one – go for a different design!