50 Stunning Haircuts for Gray Hair
Gray hair has been one of the hottest trends for the past year, and even women who aren’t spotting any signs of grays are asking for this beautiful color at salons! So if you are looking for inspiration of how to wear it in style – these fabulous gray hair styles will leave you wishing you had embraced gray hair sooner!
1. Wavy A-line Bob. An A-line bob is when your hair is cut shorter in the back, and gradually gets longer towards the front. It’s a very popular hairstyle right now – and women who have fine gray hair swear by it because of the voluminous effect it creates.
2. Silver Gray Pixie. Arguably one of the best short haircuts for women with gray hair, this gorgeous color is achieved by mixing silver hair dye with purple.
3. Classy Bob with Bangs. Integrating lowlights and highlights into your gray hair will create a multidimensional look that’s very in right now!
4. Super Short Pixie. Women over 50 who lead busy lives couldn’t ask for a better low-maintenance haircut!
5. Fabulous Transitional Look. Go for a beautiful blend of color when growing out your natural gray hair. The medium length subtly layered cut is a seriously flattering option for the transitional phase.
6. Naturally Gray Waves. If you’ve already taken the leap, a similar hairstyle will look gorgeous on shoulder length naturally wavy locks. The face-framing layers are a bonus!
7. Short Gray Hairstyle. For thick gray hair, there is hardly a better hairstyle than a short, slightly layered bob.
8. Natural Gray with Highlights. When it comes to medium hairstyles for gray hair, nothing looks more sophisticated than highlights and lowlights. They create a modern, youthful color, guaranteed to give others major hair envy.
9. Medium Hairstyle for Thin Hair. Meet the ideal look for thin gray hair! It adds dimension and creates the needed illusion of volume.
10. Trendy Blunt Bob for Thick Hair. The world loves straight, blunt haircuts – and do we need to explain why? Ditch the face-framing cut and opt for a stylish, blunt hairstyle instead!
11. Medium Rounded Bob with Layers. A slightly longer version of a gorgeous, classic bob – ideal for women who have thick hair.
12. Silver Beautiful Bob. Contrary to popular belief, there is nothing coarse about gray hair. Check out these smooth, gorgeous locks, tastefully shaped into an effortlessly stylish hairdo!
13. Youthful Subtle Lowlights. If you’re looking for a transitional hairstyle that creates a playful, rejuvenating effect, check this longer haircut with subtle lowlights.
14. Medium Gray Hairstyle with Bangs. Alternatively, opt for a simple, charming hairstyle to enhance the beauty of your salt and pepper hair.
15. The Perfect Charcoal Hair. If your black hair is turning gray, embrace it and let nature work its magic! Going for a neat and stylish short hairdo is popular among older women who have thick hair.
16. Voluminous Waves. Add volume to your silver hair with light and flowy waves! Razor-cutting leaves the ends looking softer and thinner – an excellent option for those with naturally thick locks.
17. Angled Layered Bob. If you’re after a hairstyle that makes you feel stylish and confident, we have just the right option for you. This inverted bob screams “boss lady” – and is ideal for those days when you need to put your foot down!
18. Short Rounded Bob. A super sleek cut, especially for someone with straightened African American hair. We love the subtle undercut detail that creates a neat and tidy look.
19. Gray Textured Pixie Cut. Think only young women can have fun with their hair? Think again! Whether you’re in your 20s, 40s or over 60 – a playful messy pixie is ideal for women of any age!
20. Blunt Bob with Bangs. Isn’t this hairstyle drop dead gorgeous? Modern, easy to maintain, and makes gray hair look super stylish!
21. Tapered Feathered Pixie. The pixie cut is the king of short hairstyles. Opt for a slightly longer version if you’re looking to transition from long to short hair.
22. Sophisticated Gray Highlights. For a look that conveys elegance, style, and timelessness, combine these charming pearl highlights with a feathered neck-length bob cut.
23. Pixie with Long Bangs. Quirky, fun and exciting – isn’t that exactly how you’d describe this pixie cut? The slightly longer bangs give the hairstyle a subtle edge we can’t help but love!
24. Curly Short Bob. Having naturally curly hair comes with a ton of advantages. One of them is that you can achieve an effortlessly charming hairstyle without having to dig out your hot rollers! If your curls are frizzy, a quality hair serum will help you smooth them out.
25. Elegant Highlights. Nothing beats a blend of natural gray and highlights when you’re after a touch of elegance! Mixing silver and pale gold builds an effect of depth.
26. Cute Gray Pixie Cut. Here’s another super cute hairstyle. Stunning silver hair paired with a short choppy haircut equals perfection.
27. Elegant Long Pixie. And if you prefer a more elegant, classy look – you may have just found the right option.
28. Subtle Lavender Undertones. A gray color can become a lot more interesting if you add subtle purple undertones. It’s trendy, youthful, and original – what more could you ask for?
29. Shaggy yet Soft Hairstyle. Doesn’t this pixie make you want to chop off your hair right away? It’s the perfect embodiment of style and agelessness.
30. Sleek Neck-Length Bob. If you’ve been blessed with sleek gray locks, this medium length gorgeous ‘do will look great on you!
31. Piece-y Gray Pixie Cut. The “piece-y” look receives a lot of admiration – but not everyone can achieve it naturally. Luckily, with the help of the right cut and pomade, everything is possible!
32. Gray Pompadour Style. Want a simple hairstyle that stands out? Why not ask for a pompadour with highlights and lowlights? It’s a show-stopper!
33. Modern Shag for Gray Hair. Shaggy hairstyles are very youthful, especially when you add a fringe! This particular hairdo is ideal for oval face shapes.
34. Gray, Blue and Purple Bob. Embracing your gray hair doesn’t mean having to stick to one shade! Combine natural gray with fun and playful colors like burgundy and dark purple-blue for a gorgeous, unique look.
35. Beautiful Front Gray Streaks. When your hair starts going gray, wear it gracefully. This hairstyle is a great example of enhancing the first gray strands at the hairline so that they look beautiful and purposeful.
36. Sassy Gray Hair. Need a flattering haircut for round faces? Here’s a sassy solution! We love the ashy brown and gray blend as a low-maintenance hair color for dark-haired ladies turning gray.
37. Purple Highlights. To add a bit of intrigue to your ‘do, liven up your dull gray hair with creative and fun purple streaks – a color that works well with gray tones.
38. Wonderfully Stacked Bob. For a haircut that’s both simple and sassy, why not give this stacked inverted bob a go?
39. Natural Gray with Purple-Blue Ends. Want a hairstyle that’s a little different? Add a bit of color with some peek-a-boo blue!
40. Gray with Lowlights. Incorporating dark lowlights is a proven way to add dimension to silver hair. We love this gorgeous, unique look!
41. The Ultimate Silver Vixen. Many women opt for a shorter cut when their hair goes gray, but that’s not the rule for everyone to follow! There are many beautiful gray hair styles for long hair – like this gorgeous silver vixen look we are head over heels for!
42. Effortless Beach Waves. You can never go wrong with beach waves. On gray hair, they look super original!
43. White Gray Hairdo with Colorful Streaks. The beauty of gray hair is that it looks great when combined with other cool tones, like purple, burgundy, blue, etc. This vivid bob is unique and fun!
44. Graduated Gray Bob with Bangs. Embrace your salt and pepper hair with this classy hairstyle! It reminds us beautiful beehive updos from the 60’s.
45. Spiky Gray Hair. Another recipe for a youthful look is spiking up your gray hair. Create volume, and add a bit of playfulness!
46. Wavy Pixie Cut. Who said that the pixie haircut was reserved for women with straight hair? You can totally rock a pixie if your hair is wavy.
47. Voluminous Gray with Lowlights. If you have fine hair, this cut and style will add the much-needed volume boost!
48. Silver Gray with a Pop of Teal. Adding a pop of color to your bangs is a sure way to energize your silver locks!
49. Angled Gray Bob. Whether your hair is straight or curly, the inverted lob is a hairstyle that will not disappoint.
50. Sophisticated Brunette Gray Bob. Isn’t this look simply stunning? We’re impressed by this delicate salt and pepper hair color, and the beautiful, flattering haircut that perfectly frames the face.
Gray hair is fabulous – and we do hope you’ll own every strand of it! More and more women decide to stop the draining chore of regular touch-ups, and not to hide gray hair anymore. These gorgeous hairstyles are good examples of how to wear your gray hair gracefully. Find a hairstyle that complements your unique style and allows you to fully enjoy your silver hair without feeling like your look is outdated. There are so many trendy, youthful and enviable hairstyles for gray hair right now that you’ll probably want to experiment with a few as years go by! Have fun with it – and wear it proudly!