50 Beautiful Short Hairstyles for Women over 60 to Choose From
When you’re growing older your haircut should stay young and current – short haircuts for women over 60 are getting more elegant and sophisticated every year. With more hairstylists joining the field daily, there are tons of new hair ideas generated which means there’s definitely something out there to fit your needs and preferences.
Check out these 50 beautiful hairstyles for women over 60.
1. Black and White Curly Cut. The cute curly haircut shows off white hair as a face frame under voluminous black locks.
2. Short Blunt Style. A blunt cut in a shorter length will visually strengthen the jawline of women in their 60s.
3. White Hair Over 60. White pixies with undercuts will always look stylish on older women.
4. Short Top Long Sides. Very short cuts with longer sides are a great chic option if you’re 60 and older and looking for an elegant style.
5. Spiky Crop for Older Women. Make your spiky pixie haircut pop with an all-over bold color.
6. White Feathered Bob. The short white bob with feathered bangs is the epitome of elegance. When it comes to short bob haircuts, texture and shape are crucial.
7. Short Hair with Glasses. For women over 60 with glasses, a bob with a wavy side bang and lots of texture is super cute.
8. Short Crop with Undercut. Pixies with short temples and nape are great hairstyles for women 60 and up with a round face because undercuts can slim down the face and make you look younger.
9. Short Angled Haircut. An angled cut is a fun style to try, especially if you’re a 60 year old woman with fine hair as the angles will provide perfect edges and boost volume.
10. Pixie with Pointy Sideburns. Pointed sides at the ears make for cute details on short haircuts for women over 60.
11. Spiked Cut with Short Sides. Really short sides and spiked texture up top is a trendy option of short hairstyles for women over 60.
12. Textured Short Hairstyle. The textured bronde pixie with spiky bits at the top is fun, modern, and stylish to boot! If you’re 60 and older, you’ll appreciate how easy the upkeep is.
13. Fine Hair with Bangs. Ladies over 60 years old with fine hair may try a parted pixie haircut with minimal bang action.
14. Messy Bangs. A short messy cut with bangs will always be cute and it’s a style you can rock whether you’re young or 60 plus!
15. Short Gray Hairstyle. If you’re finding more gray hairs as you age, compliment them with lowlights and get a fresh and current hair color solution flattering for any hair type, including fine straight hair.
16. Straight Bob for Women Over 60. Here the short sleek bob is balanced out with straight eyebrow-grazing bangs. The precision cut hits the jawline for a neat, flattering style.
17. Bouncy Cut with Thin Bangs. Want to try some cute bangs but don’t want anything drastic? Thin, piecey bangs are easily arranged to stay where you want them.
18. Gray Cut with Chunky Frames. A sliced pixie with very short blunt bangs (aka baby bangs) is another stylish and modern haircut idea for women over 60 with glasses. And these frames! Follow her example and choose interesting and non-banal eyewear.
19. Razored Pixie Bob. If pixies are too short for you, this shorter version of a bob with razored layers and white blonde highlights is another gorgeous choice.
20. Layered Cut with Long Sides. For a different take on the pixie haircut, try having longer sides and longer layered locks on the crown rather than a cropped top.
21. Curly Hair with Undercut. Turning 60 and want something really different? Try a salt-and-pepper undercut topped with tousled layered curls.
22. Blonde Tapered Pixie. This cut reveals the nape of the neck and provides a sporty, young look. Pair with sassy bangs that hit the cheekbone and think of a fresh hair color.
23. Gray and Black Curly Messy Pixie. This look is full of contrasts and breathes with a free spirit.
24. Short Feathered Cut. For women with fine hair, thicken up your piece-y layers with hair curlers or some texturizing spray.
25. Undercut with Highlighted Top. Play up your gray hair with a shiny silver top set off by naturally colored undercut.
26. Piece-y Haircut Over 60. Short hairstyles for fine hair over 60 look even better when you upgrade them with delicious colors, such as this golden blonde with babylights.
27. Straight Cropped Pixie. Pixies are your best option when it comes to short hair over 60. Spend less time styling with a low-maintenance haircut.
28. Delicate Tapered Short Haircut. The tapered shape and delicate layering can do wonders for fine hair. This hairstyle is cute, simple, and stylish.
29. Short Shag with Crisp Layers. Have your stylist cut your hair in multiple shaggy layers to get a sassy pixie you can play peek-a-boo with.
30. Blunt Ear-Length Style. The blunt ear-length bob haircut will ensure any 60 year old stays fashion-forward.
31. Dark Red Cut. Are you turning 60 and need a refresh? The dark red pixie with feathered bangs looks great on women over 60 with glasses.
32. Gray Short Hair. Older women tend to color their hair as they age, but why not embrace your elegant gray color with a cute pixie?
33. Short Sleek A-Line Bob. When it comes to short hairstyles for fine hair, the color is just as important as the shape. Choose a balayge solution complementing your skin tone and eye color and you’ll look younger and fresher.
34. Curly Asymmetrical Cut. An angled cut with curls can work with the curves of your face to give you a new stylish look.
35. Gray Bob with Golden Sheen. If you normally have fine straight hair, dress it up with some waves on a neck-length haircut.
36. Soft Piece-y Short Hair. Women in their 60s will find it easy to liven up gray blonde hair with a hint of pastel pink.
37. Short Cut with Body. The short feathered cut with teased roots and babylights provides a voluminous hairstyle flattering for most women.
38. African American Short Cut with Glasses. Another unique option for short hair over 60 is a pixie with short feathered layers.
39. Gray Wavy Tousled Bob. The stylish curly gray bob gets some flattering hints of blonde to add some healthy glow to the complexion for a younger look.
40. Gray-Blonde Hair Over 60. If you’re over 60 years and want to soften your gray hair, mix it with blonde highlights on a pixie haircut for a truly beautiful combination.
41. Tapered Cut for Gray Hair. Work with fine hair and boost its texture with long sliced layers shortened towards the nape. Ask your stylist for a customized color to blend in your grays.
42. Sleek Stacked Bob with Bangs. If you have a round face, a medium stacked bob will slim down your face giving it a lifting effect.
43. Angled Bob for Older Women with a Double Chin. Neat angled cuts will make older women look and feel their best.
44. Bright Mohawk. If you can’t rock a red and white Mohawk when you’re 60 and up, when can you?
45. Chocolate and Cinnamon Layered Bob. The soft reddish highlights bring the spice to the layered brown bob hairstyle with short side bangs.
46. Short Layered Blonde Hairstyle. Keeping layers wavy and feathered boosts texture and movement in short-to-medium hair.
47. Straight Hair with a Middle Part. Are you an older woman with thin or fine straight hair? You’ll love a simple short hairstyle parted in the middle.
48. Golden Feathered Cut. Razor cutting creates the gorgeous feathered layers we love so much on a short hairstyle.
49. Gray Pompadour. You’ll look super stylish with your beach glasses rocking a gray undercut with long bangs.
50. Asymmetrical Cut with Purple Accents. Get ready to be the hair envy of all your friends with a colorful asymmetrical pixie.
Hopefully, you feel a little better about the abundance of options you have in short haircuts for women over 60. The nice thing about short hair is low-maintenance and freedom to transform into another style in a short time.