Haircuts for Women over 60 That Look Exceptional
Upgrading your style to flatter your new age and changing the way you wear your hair in terms of length, finish and color could be just what you need to regain your sense of beautiful self! Here are fifty hairstyles for women over 60 to inspire you.
From graying to changing textures and thinning hair – aging can be hard on your hair, which may be hard on your confidence. While there are treatments and hair care systems to benefit aging hair, sometimes you just need a fresh cut! Choose one of these:
1. Pixie hairstyles are easily embraced by 60 year old women with different hair types. This low maintenance style requires very little styling.
2. The spiky gray pixie pictured here is cut to a tapered style with choppy layers. They give a pretty current silhouette and texture to the hair.
3. A super short bob is the perfect in between: a little bit longer than your traditional crop cut and shorter than your classic bob. This haircut is better suited to straight haired ladies.
4. The sleek lines in this youthful crop provide a look with a modern, contemporary feel. The cut is accentuated by a masculine undercut.
5. A very short layered bob has tons of movement and bounce. Consistent trims will help to keep hair shiny and maintain its body.
6. Being especially tactful with thin hair is important – the cut can make or break a flattering style. Short haircuts add density and they are easier to dye or tone to bring the final look to perfection.
7. Voluminous curls created with a large barreled curling wand bring in a refined texture to the style. Finish with a light hold hairspray and shake out curls with fingers for a modern, tousled, unruly ‘do.
8. The pin straight, blunt cut bob is professional and gorgeous in its own simple way. The delicate golden blonde balayage with pale highlights throughout complements this modest style.
9. The shadow roots trend is a new, edgy take on the standard coloring techniques. It pairs best with a simple, basic haircut and style.
10. A-line cuts are a fun and cute way to spice up your short to medium hair. Long tendrils in the front of the hair flatter those with round faces.
11. Mid length straight hair pairs perfectly with a blunt, streamlined cut. Incorporating a shine spray can further enhance the sleekness of this hairstyle.
12. The medium layered bob is flirty yet polished, and stylish. The bright blonde hair color is a beautiful match to it.
13. This short, wavy style gives easy, beachy texture to break up the monotony of a single tone silver color. Such long layers in the haircut may require teasing or backcombing to lift the crown.
14. The lightly layered comb-over style is a great solution for those who want a look of thicker hair in the age of 60 and over, but at the same time this cut is not associated with a particular age and can easily suit your granddaughter as well.
15. Doesn’t this cute babylight balayage pair perfectly with the soft layered short bob cut? A little brightening won’t hurt if you think your hairstyle is too simple.
16. Razored straight bangs are a funky take on the classic fringe, and they are great for those with fine hair. This eye-catching feature is a statement on its own and is ideally matched with an unassuming style and color.
17. The blend of the asymmetrical wedge cut and shag gives off edgy, yet sophisticated vibes. The violet tinge in this color adds to the funkiness of the whole look.
18. The haircut with defined ends looks healthy, professional, and clean. It also keeps density in locks, promoting fullness.
19. Medium hairstyles with long layers are very versatile. They can suit pretty much any hair type – curly hair, wavy hair, or straight strands. Straight hairstyles with layers never look limp or lifeless.
20. This androgynous cut reconciles feminine, soft layers with a strong, masculine shape.
21. And here’s a sleek cut with a rounded shape. It softens angular square faces.
22. Whether your natural gray hair is white, or you want to embrace a synthetic slate color, this cut is a fantastic pair to the clean and simple hair color. If you choose to achieve white hair using bleach, make sure to replenish it with protein and moisture treatments afterwards.
23. Razored layers define and allow for movement in the hair without removing too much density. This is ideal for thinner hair types that can appear too wispy.
24. A diamond-shaped cut creates face-framing pieces that flatter an oval face. This straightforward crop paired with a snowy color is simplistic, stylish, and office-appropriate.
25. The streaky, high contrast highlights bring interest to an otherwise simple haircut. This can be achieved on both light and dark haired women by either utilizing lowlights or lightening agents.
26. The boyish pixie with a longer length produces a balanced look. The mousy brown hair color further softens the hairstyle.
27. This put together, elegant short bob for thick hair utilizes layering and showcases fullness.
28. A light balayage adds dimension and a modern touch to layered shoulder length bob hairstyles.
29. Ladies with gray hair can still rock a youthful style. A minimal shag, like pictured, is the best example of an age-appropriate and contemporary hairstyle for straight hair. A similar cut is also great for overweight people looking to slim down their face.
30. In this neck-length cut short sections of layering generate the necessary root lift which can be a huge issue for those with fine hair.
31. Create the perfect sleek bob to go with your silver locks by flat ironing tresses and spritzing with a dry oil shine spray. Bluntly cut, shiny, straight hair brings in a flawless appearance.
32. If you’re looking for a hairstyle with movement without using a heat tool, try a round-brushing technique when blow drying. This creates depth and dimension with defined curls.
33. Icy highlights on a deep base allow for lots of depth and an impression of more hair. When texturizing layers you further emphasize the contrast of the colors.
34. A low contrast blonde balayage on a polished, chin length haircut is both chic and work-appropriate.
35. Full bangs in short hairstyles can blend seamlessly into the look and take years off your face.
36. Tight, messy ringlets take a standard cut from a straightforward style to a fun, messy look.
37. Brushed out waves in medium length hairstyles add body to the hair and are trendy, effortless, and easy to style.
38. A short shag with messy layering gives a funky edge to plain chestnut brown hair.
39. Getting a haircut with height in the crown lets you style your hair to truly complement and balance your features.
40. If you want to go short, but can’t take the plunge, this in-between haircut with highlights is for you!
41. The blunt, rounded bob exudes elegance, class, and chic. Well-moisturized tresses allow for a frizz-free, glossy hairstyle.
42. The beige blonde hair color solution of this graduated bob with bangs is classy, professional, and simplistic.
43. For dark-haired ladies turning gray, an easy way to add dimension to the hair is by enhancing dark lowlights and brightening silver strands. This approach gives the illusion of highlights without bleaching the hair.
44. Graying hair can be easily disguised with an ash blonde or a platinum hue, as the contrast between gray and light blonde is very low, making silver strands virtually invisible. Paired with a wedge haircut, this light blonde style radiates elegance and freshness.
45. A haircut with a heavy bottom layer produces fullness and a flattering shape that combats the look of limp tresses.
46. There are tons of movement and dimension to take advantage of in a cut like this. A simple home blow-dry is enough to produce a beautiful textured style.
47. The short rounded bob is feminine and soft, but can easily be flat ironed for an edgy, modern feel.
48. Wedge haircuts are a contemporary take on the traditional pixies and bobs. This example is longer than a classic pixie, a great combination of wedge and bob!
49. A full bob is thick, voluminous, and bouncy. If your hair is fine, using a round-brushing technique to add height and lift can prevent it from looking lanky and drab.
50. The most popular hairstyles for women over 60 are short pixies and wedge haircuts. This short bob is “a golden mean” – only slightly lengthier with a popular feathered fringe and cute front pieces that curl under.
Finding unique hairstyles for women over 60 can be difficult, but we hope these 50 photos helped you find an inspiring look. Remember that no matter how old you are, a great haircut never goes out of style!