50 Best Short Hairstyles to Shake Things Up in 2020
If you want to make a hairstyle change in 2020, look no further than these 50 short hairstyles for women. They will fill you with inspiration for the new year!
At the same time, in case you already have short hair but feel bored with the same old hairstyle, you may avoid a dramatic change but get a new exciting look. Something as simple as highlights or even a few inches cut off can make all the difference. For women with longer hair planning a crop we also have some interesting ideas – bobs, shags, choppy hairstyles, etc. Scroll down for the freshest pictures!
1. Two-Tier Choppy Bob. For a bright trendy look, a platinum choppy bob with bangs is the way to go.
2. Curly Gray Tapered Hairstyle. Short hair in 2020 offers many statement pixies. When you start going gray, a voluminous curly haircut with a tapered nape knows how to show off the color.
3. Messy Curly Hairstyle. Longer curly pixies get tons of texture and volume from thick curls defined with mousse or texturing creme.
4. Short Feathered Hair. For fine hair, a short pixie with feathered layers flatters any face shape. Make sure to include textured sideburns and bangs, otherwise, this cut will look too cropped and bold.
5. Swoopy Layers for Thick Hair. One of the best 2020’s short haircuts is a neck-length cut with highlighted layers. This hairstyle would also look beautiful with a dark hair color and contrasting highlights.
6. Short Messy Shag. Cute hairstyles for short hair include shaggy neck-length haircuts with bangs framing the face and making you look younger.
7. Layered Bob. Need short hair ideas that won’t break the bank? A fresh layer of youthful color, such as pearl blonde, will give your layered bob a healthy glow.
8. Accurate Asymmetrical Cut. The crisp salt-and-pepper pixie with long bangs is a cute option if you want to keep your natural color but rock it in a trendy way. It requires a bit more maintenance but it’s a great option for straight hair.
9. Short Curly Haircut. Cute short haircuts like curly pixies are always in style and look even better with highlights bringing out your beautiful hair texture and skin tone.
10. Undercut Mohawk. For an edgy short haircut, try a straight or curly Mohawk with an undercut in any color you like. Mohawk suits all ages, hair types, and face shapes.
11. Textured Haircut. A textured pixie is an easy way to avoid boring hair. With texture, shape, and fashionable color, you’ll have no bad hair days. Two-tier bangs and feathered layers make your hair look fuller and more dynamic.
12. Long Messy Pixie. Looking for unique short haircuts for women? A long blonde pixie is chic and sophisticated so you can wear it to the office and feel good about it on the weekends. When you want the front longer pieces out of the way, clip them back or experiment with half updos for short hair.
13. Wavy Highlighted Hairstyle. Well-placed highlights on short female haircuts can take even the simplest tapered bob from blah to beautiful! Bonus, this makes a gorgeous hairstyle whether worn down or up for a formal event such as a wedding or baby shower.
14. Short Straight Haircut. If you have straight hair, a platinum pixie is edgy and always in fashion. It doesn’t draw too much attention but the color is bright and noticeable.
15. Bob with Curled Ends. This bob is soft and date-night-ready with a little curl at the ends. A bob is perfect for you if you’re transitioning from long hair to shorter lengths but don’t want to go drastic right away.
16. Short Razored Cut. Short haircut styles for wavy hair appear playful and feminine. Wake up and go with this shaggy cut or style it with a little mousse / style crème for extra definition and control.
17. Short Cut with Feathered Layers. Hairstyles for short hair are especially flattering on women with oval faces. The longish bangs keep this cut chic and sophisticated, perfect for those of us with office jobs.
18. Shaggy Textured Pixie. Short hairstyles for women always look better with a touch of highlights, like a dark blonde balayage that complements your eye color. Blowdry lifting your hair roots to show off those angled layers.
19. Razored Pixie Bob. Cute short hairstyles feel their best with layers and balayage highlights. Switch the part to the other side for a quick and easy style change.
20. Short Haircut for Thin Hair. Pixies will dominate among the trendiest short hairstyles for 2020, as their different types can be adjusted to flatter all face shapes. Dress up your new cut easily with a favorite pair of dangly earrings.
21. Extra Short Combed Back Cut. To style short hair, comb it back with just a small amount of mousse to create natural tousled waves for a final chic style.
22. Shaggy Mullet. We love the edgy layered haircut for fine or thin hair and with a solid white color, it’s super refreshing.
23. Short Spiked Hairstyle. To add height to a short haircut, use a bit of gel or mousse to spike hair up and over to one side.
24. Crop with Short Bangs. The copper pixie gets a cool update with loose curly tendrils in the back and asymmetrical baby bangs.
25. Wavy Razored Bob. Women’s short hairstyles with fun colors, such as purple, are a great way to express your personality.
26. Colorful Pixie. Another trendy pixie, layered and spiced with color, this one sets itself apart with rainbow highlights and contrasting lengths.
27. Short Fauxhawk. If you’re looking for edgy short cut hairstyles for women, the tapered pixie with a spiky top is a great option.
28. Very Short Women’s Haircut. For super short hair, smooth strands out and brush bangs to the side for a soft curl.
29. Textured Bob. A textured bob is also among easy hairstyles in our selection since it only requires a couple of curled sections.
30. Short Feminine Bob. The short bob is youthful and bright but not over-the-top. A simple side part and long bangs will make you slim down if necessary.
31. Frosted Ends. Ready to go really short? Highlight a pixie and give it angled sideburns for a chic and modern take.
32. Smooth Short Hair. The smooth pixie with angled bangs is one of the best short haircuts for ladies as it is really flattering for many face shapes.
33. Modern Bowl Cut. If you prefer a little length to play with, a short haircut similar to a bowl cut leaves several inches to manipulate easily.
34. Curly Crop. For women with curly hair, short hairstyles with bangs and textured layers throughout let you show off your unique texture and enjoy the easy styling and low maintenance of shorter hair.
35. Piecey Short Hairstyle. The popular pixie is customized with muted purple roots. Note that “Gem roots” need frequent touch ups.
36. Short Hair Updo. Updos for short hair can look as gorgeous as up styles for long hair. Accessorize with a sparkly barrette or a fresh flower.
37. Shaggy Bob. A shaggy short bob with razor cut ends is the ultimate haircut for those women who want a fun peppy style.
38. Short Updo Hairstyle. Golden blonde makes for a beautiful short hair color that flatters most skin tones. If your hair is not very long, try a curly messy updo with teased roots. An excellent hair idea for a special occasion.
39. Shaggy Angled Bob. These days, in many pictures of short haircuts, you’ll see pops of color peeking through a natural base color. On this angled bob, burgundy highlights are a gorgeous contrast to dark hair.
40. Sleek Mushroom Haircut. To make short-length hairstyles shine in the sun, try a balayage with shades of blonde. Smooth any flyaways with hair serum.
41. Classic Short Haircut. The great thing about hairdos for short hair is they’re usually all low maintenance. This crisp brunette pixie just needs a quick wash and comb-through!
42. Gray-Blonde Highlighted Crop. Whatever haircuts for short hair you’re considering, make sure your choice will feature a unique wearable color. In this crop, texture and color work in tune for an eye-catching look.
43. Messy Bob with Highlights. Some women prefer short hairstyles that look 100% female. A choppy bob with lots of movement and well-placed highlights will make you feel your best.
44. Short Sides and Long Highlighted Bangs. Put your personal touch on a pixie cut with long bangs and bright blonde highlights. Set off by a dark base, this haircut is super edgy and cute with glasses!
45. Short Neat Tapered Haircut. Very short haircuts don’t have to be crazy and full of color to stand out. The simple pixie with balayage highlights is pretty and attention-grabbing.
46. Short Curly Cut with Soft Face Framing. When your naturally curly hair starts going gray, get a refreshing tousled look. Prim and proper hairstyles on graying hair often add years.
47. Accurate Two-Tier Bob. A smooth blonde bob will shine in the sun and brighten a dull day. It will also look super cute pulled up into a tiny messy bun when you’re running errands.
48. Haircut with Crown Volume. Another nice pixie to rock if your dark hair is going gray is the one with lots of texture. It’s a wake-up-and-go style that only requires your fingers and a bit of mousse.
49. Over 50 Short Pastel Hair. If lilac is your color, you’re in luck because this color flatters just about every skin tone. Brush bangs to one side for a wind-swept style.
50. Short Funky Haircut. Slim and pretty ladies should consider a pixie hairstyle with a contrast of lengths and volumes.
As you see, short hairstyles are very versatile and unpredictable. Do you feel inspired? Hopefully, these 50 ideas for short haircuts in 2020 will help you look your best! Leave your comments below!