50 Hairstyles That Will Make You Want to Try a Burgundy Hair Color
Burgundy hair can add depth and give you a sense of confidence. If you’re thinking about changing your hair but can’t decide what color to try next – instead of traditional hues choose one of juicy burgundy shades.
The ultimate question when it comes to burgundy hair is: burgundy vs maroon, what’s the difference? Burgundy has more purple in it, while maroon has a red undertone. Purple lovers will enjoy this list of Burgundy hairstyles and might even want to take a trip to a salon after reading!
Here’re 50 burgundy hair color ideas for you to think about!
1. Muted Burgundy Wine Hair. Calling all wine lovers! Turn your favorite drink into your favorite hair color and see how many compliments you’ll get in return.
2. Hollywood Glam Burgundy. Talk about a perfect combination of maroon burgundy hair. The light wave at the bottom really makes the red in the maroon stand out.
3. Eggplant Burgundy Bob. Messy waves are a great way to add texture to this edgy color. A deeper purple can look equally great on thick and thin hair with waves.
4. Layered Burgundy Highlights. The well-blended burgundy highlights on black hair accentuate the long layers in this look!
5. Burgundy Curly Lob. Curling the hair adds shine and texture to this cute shoulder length style.
6. Burgundy Red Loose Waves. Step into a redder shade of burgundy for a bold look. You can have ombre with this color or highlights around your whole head – the choice is yours.
7. Mid-Length Burgundy Waves on Dark Hair. Hollywood glam to the next level in this style. Burgundy + Dark hair is EVERYTHING!
8. Scarlet Red Long Layers. Going all in on one bright shade of burgundy is always an exciting choice! Look at that color and how it’s darker at the top for depth.
9. Brightening Burgundy Highlights. A smooth transition from a dark base into a burgundy color is necessary for a professional red wine balayage style. Use a smaller curling iron for the tighter curls on the top layer of your hair and hold it on the iron for about 10 – 15 seconds.
10. Long Burgundy Hair. Look at that length with a gorgeous color – this style can work on all hair types, because long layers and a blow out will make any hair look shiny, voluminous and healthy.
11. Burgundy Highlights. If you aren’t ready to dive into burgundy all the way – try highlights to see how you feel.
12. Burgundy Plum Waves. A subtle plum color is a desired change from the usual go-to highlight colors for brunettes.
13. Intense Burgundy Highlights. If you want a dramatic change to your dark hair – go for an intense shade of burgundy.
14. Maroon Burgundy Ombre. Have a mid-length cut with an edgy plum twist. Let your inner rocker out with a stunning red purple color fade during your next trip to a salon.
15. Long Violet Waves. Violet adds warmth to your skin tone, and waves bring texture and height if your hair is on the thinner side.
16. Dark Burgundy Blowout. A mid-length burgundy cut looks great – straight or curly!
17. Burgundy Purple Curls. Curls lend your hair texture and can show off your new color better. Use a medium sized curling iron for thicker hair so you can work fast.
18. Long Burgundy Ombre. With the length of this cut you are able to see the gorgeous color fade that ends in sophisticated brightness on the ends.
19. Medium Burgundy Waves. Beachy meets bold in this sexy style.
20. Sassy Cherry Burgundy Highlights. Love the contrast between the black and burgundy hair!
21. Volumizing Burgundy Red Waves. Having tighter curls with shorter layers brings volume and texture back into your tired hair. Since this style is a bit shorter, you can get away with using a medium-sized curling iron, and it should take about 20 minutes.
22. Chestnut Burgundy Highlights. It’s not quite purple but it’s not brown either – what a perfect combination!
23. Messy Choppy Burgundy Bob. Short hair becomes beautiful with light waves that make the messy style look chic.
24. Cherry Red Waves. Check those beautiful waves! A little more on the maroon side but still a classy burgundy shade.
25. Magenta Ombre Curls. Pick a shade that might scare you – you could love it instantly!
26. Burgundy Babylights. Babylights are a twist on highlights and look just as gorgeous on any hair type.
27. Short Burgundy Hair. The purple red balayage for short hair looks so beautiful and gives you a playful vibe.
28. Burgundy Waves with Front Bangs. Front bangs instantly frame your face, while the waves give your hair a beachy flair. Straighten your hair for a chic office style when you need a change.
29. Dark Brown Hair with Burgundy Babylights. Play around with subtle changes to your hair like this style.
30. Burgundy Highlights on Black Hair. The contrast between these vivid colors looks beautiful on any hair type.
31. Fierce Burgundy Waves. We can’t stop looking at the varied intensity of burgundy within this eye-catching balayage. You’ll have everyone asking what salon you went to for this beautiful color!
32. Super Long Burgundy Violet Hair. A tip to growing your hair this long is to make sure split ends are taken care of and that your ends are hydrated at all times.
33. Mid-Length Bright Burgundy Waves. Waves don’t have to be perfect and can be curled in different directions to add volume. Starting the color high at the crown of your head makes it look more natural.
34. Deep Burgundy Hair. The black hair with deep burgundy hues oozes a bold, edgy vibe. Style straight, in waves, or with tighter curls.
35. Light Burgundy Highlights. Look how shiny and healthy this style is. Start the curls around your shoulders.
36. Blackberry Burgundy Waves. Not everyone knows what shade blackberry is, but this color will make its way to the top with this style. Make blackberry hair look chic with loose curls.
37. Ruby Red Mid-Length Hair. Instead of going for highlights, be bold and go all in on one solid burgundy hair color.
38. Vivid Burgundy Balayage. A fade from a deep burgundy color to a lighter purplish shade of burgundy all in one look.
39. Witchy Dark Burgundy Hair. Witchy vibes all year round with this sexy style!
40. Short Burgundy Bob. A bob is already a chic style – add a twist with burgundy highlights.
41. Burgundy Hair with Caramel Highlights. The caramel hues flatteringly lighten the burgundy brown color.
42. Burgundy Brown Bob. Is it brown? Is it burgundy? It’s the perfect shade between brown and burgundy, and it looks BEAUTIFUL!
43. Bright Violet Ombre Beachy Waves. Bright colors are a must during the Spring and Summer seasons. If you want something more temporary, use a temporary or washable hair dye so you can switch up your color whenever you want.
44. Merlot Balayage Highlights. A color inspired by your favorite drink. Thicker-haired ladies will look beautiful with a long layered cut spiced up with well-blended wine highlights.
45. Long Scarlet Burgundy Curls. Curls towards the bottom of your hair give off an effortless wave. For this style, use a bigger curling iron and only curl the bottom half of your hair for about 15-20 seconds.
46. Long Dark Burgundy Hair. Have your favorite color as your hair color. Burgundy is a sophisticated choice for dark-haired ladies.
47. Burgundy Ombre on Dark Hair. Look at those long locks! Burgundy black hair is gorgeous and can work on all hair types. Have your stylist start your ombre with an easy transition between your natural hair color and the chosen burgundy hues.
48. Messy Purple Ombre Bob. A choppy cut adds a lot of texture into this bob. If you have thin or fine hair, you might want to go for a choppy cut so you can add body and the desired illusion of thicker locks.
49. Burgundy Red Waves. Large waves add extra texture to this look. Start curling at the ear level to give a relaxed, effortless vibe to your cut.
50. Blackberry Burgundy Long Layers. We can’t get enough of this purple shade of burgundy – we want it!
Burgundy hair has different shades and styles to choose from and can work on any hair type! Burgundy hues work on thick and thin hair, with curls and a straight blow out. If you want to try a different look, go for a customized burgundy shade that will have others inspired!