50 Updos for Long Hair to Make You Feel Like Royalty
Choosing a hairdo with hair up can be tiresome, but with these stylish updos for long hair, it will no longer be an issue. It certainly takes time and effort to create something magnificent – this is why we have put together a list of hairstyles ranging from casual to Hollywood-worthy to help everyone find “the one” for them.
The right hairdo can change your whole look, so start scrolling through these updo hairstyles for long hair to unleash your inner Queen!
1. Messy Bridal Bun. There are many takes on the low bun, but messy elegant ones are the best. Add some loops into your twisted bun, let out a few loose pieces for a soft feel, and bring in a sparkly barrette.
2. Tight Updo for Long Straight Hair. A good old crossed bun is a timeless idea. It’s glam, chic, and looks good in any setting. It may be tricky to get it looking sleek on the first try, but it’s not impossible!
3. High Updo with Bangs. This one is multi-purpose. You can wear it to formal events or work, or just out and about to impress others. It’s particularly good for thin hair, as you may achieve extra volume by teasing the roots.
4. Chic Ponytail Updo for Long Curly Hair. Let everyone see how luscious and long your hair is. While the high pony creates a formal look, the curls and delicate accessories add some softness and a sensuous charm to this ‘do.
5. Relaxed Long Hair Bun. Sometimes you just don’t want to invent anything. Simplicity is key to looking your best on some occasions, so why not style your locks into a messy tousled bun? Besides, this style lets you show off your highlighted brown hair.
6. Casual Updo for Long Hair. An easy everyday look you can get by twisting parts of your hair and tucking it away in a low bun. The trick is to carefully tease the crown to create the bouffant-like effect.
7. Partial Updo for Long Hair. A great option for a date night or a semi-formal event. Do your usual loose waves and imitate a half-up ponytail securing it with texture spray.
8. Low Formal Bun Updo. Pull your shiny waves back into a low roll and tease a few strands out for an effortless touch. Add some sparkly accessories to feel like a queen.
9. French Twist Vintage Hairstyle. You can’t lose with this classic. It’s one of the beautiful and easy traditional updos for long hair that you can do at home using a couple of bobby pins.
10. Classic Updo with a Bow. Anything becomes prettier with a bow on it. It’s all about the finishing touches, so don’t forget to add it to your low updo. This is actually easy to do yourself: start with a ponytail, tease a little and do a twist that you will later wrap up with the remaining hair. Secure with pins and you’re good!
11. Loose Updo for Long Brown Hair. A delicate twist in the back with a tousled top is a great addition to either your day or night time look. For this hairstyle, you need to separate your hair into two sections and make two buns joining them into one voluminous low bun accessorized with pearl pins. You can’t go wrong with the old-fashioned casual-chic hairstyle.
12. Voluminous Updo for Long Hair. Nothing beats the true classic low French twist. Pull your thick wavy locks back into a messy roll and let out several strands for a relaxed, romantic overall feel.
13. Easy Tousled Zig-Zag Updo. For something a little different from regular upstyles for long hair, choose the elegant criss-cross faux braid. A messy finish nicely complements this casually chic evening updo.
14. High Bun with a Side Fringe. Truly soft and really not that hard to recreate, this airy updo will go well with either thick or thin hair. Let out a few loose strands to naturally emphasize your aristocratic bone structure.
15. Braided Updo for Blondes. Braided updos for long hair are hotter than ever right now. A braided headband paired with a small side braid can turn even the simplest casual bun into something to talk about.
16. Bun Updo with Accessories for Thick Hair. Bring out chocolate shades in your brown hair by adding a bright golden accent. Be it a flower pin or something more out there, it will easily change your rolled bun into a bit more special upstyle.
17. Twisted Banana Roll. Bring your curls together by twisting them and pulling back into a low banana roll updo. It’s universal and can fit both a casual and formal setting, and any outfit.
18. Chic French Twist with Accessories. There are many easy hairdos for long hair, but the French twist, no doubt, sits at the top of the most popular updos list. Depending on the complexity of the style, you can even recreate it yourself, and don’t forget a finishing touch, that is a cute pin in this case.
19. Low Bun for Straight Hair. Girls with luscious, healthy hair are in luck. No need to look for a difficult special updo with a wow effect when you can just as easily rock a sleek twisted braid gently tucked away into a cute low bun.
20. Braided Updo for Long Hair. Swap your usual bun for something more sophisticated to show off the different shades of your blonde mane. Regardless of the occasion, this updo will fit right in with any outfit and event.
21. Loose Looped Bun. Easy and quick to recreate, you will thank us for bringing this hairstyle into your life. The chunky looped bun finishes the overall messy look and delivers a perfect match for a bridal shower, birthday, or even a Friday in the office.
22. Knotted Side Bun Updo. Add a slight chilled out touch to any formal outfit with a loose knotted bun. The updo will sit gently right above your shoulders with two wavy pieces stylishly framing the face.
23. Everyday Twisted Bun. An easy option to change it up with a low bun is to twist side sections of your long hair and hide them away into a rolled bun. Tease the top for a bit messy bouffant effect.
24. Boho Updo with Fishtail Braids. Don’t look any further, all current cute updos for long hair are here. Lately, anything natural and eco has been trending a ton, so definitely think about adding fresh or dried flowers to your braided bun to create a soft bohemian vibe.
25. Curly Upstyle for Long Hair. Show off the beautiful platinum in your hair with a tasteful updo featuring side twists. It is naturally voluminous thanks to the loosened up thin and thick strands all over your head.
26. Fancy Updo for Black Hair. Move away from casual protective styles for black hair. Create a huge bow from your own hair to absolutely sweep everyone off their feet wherever you decide to show off this cool updo.
27. Low Braided Bun with a Side Braid. Bring out the contrasting tones of your balayage hair with a crafty braided updo. The messy side braid finishes the romantic look with a modern touch.
28. Fishtail Braid in a Messy Low Bun. The best way to spice things up for a shaggy wavy bun is to add a few cute accents here and there. Cute updos for long hair only get better if paired with loose, chunky braids.
29. Bridal Flower Hairstyle. Create a poofy extravaganza with a loopy updo. Additionally, separate a front section of your hair to secure it on one side for a voluminous fake bangs look.
30. Easy Sleek Hairstyle for Thick Hair. Don’t fall under the impression that all updos have to be pompous and out-there. You can create an absolutely elegant hairstyle worth of the red carpet by keeping things simple with a smooth twist.
31. Massive Wedding Hairstyle. Let your updo match your glorious personality. Long hair gives so much room for creativity, which makes it impossible not to play around with loops, twists, and a tiny bit of messiness in a gorgeous style like this one.
32. French Twist for Wavy Locks. One cannot simply say no to classics. Add a couple of minimalistic accessories to finish the updo that will suit either formal or casual events.
33. Low Chignon Updo. Both elegant and messy, the chignon hairstyle works for any time and day. If you’re after a balanced style that goes with any hair texture, this is the one for you.
34. Side Fishtail Braids for a Low Twist. Plenty of texture in this mermaid long hair updo. Delicate and comfortable to wear, it won’t weigh down your locks and will greatly complement both an every day and evening look.
35. Easy Updo for Long Fine Hair. Make the best of your hair texture with one of the simplest updos for long hair. The trick is to loosely twist your hair into a flowery poofy bun and to add either more twists or little braids to decorate the sides.
36. Easy Evening Upstyle. Updos can be both simple and amazing! For this one, all you need to do is separate your hair into sections and wrap them around each other. Bring out a few loose strands if you’re going for a more relaxed feel.
37. Side Braid Updo for Long Hair. A perfect fit for a gorgeous bride or her bridesmaids. Doesn’t take much time to recreate, plus looks fantastic from any angle!
38. Easy Smooth Knotted Bun. Nothing says professional louder than this awesome bun sitting right at the top of your head. You could either wear this knot as it is or add some accessories for a fancier occasion.
39. Side Updo for Long Thick Hair. Treat your long hair with a new sophisticated updo. Have your stylist work around those wraps and voluminous knots to bring the wow into any party you’re heading to.
40. Low Braided Roll. An easy updo you may even try recreating at home with some practice. Long wavy hair never looked so good in a low bun, covered with a chunky Fishtail braid.
41. Teased Evening Updo for Long Locks. It’s all about the volume at the crown these days. Knot your long hair into a messy bun and cover its base with side sections. Then mess around with curly strands at the top, add a vintage accent, and you’re all set!
42. Bridesmaid’s Updo for Long Hair. There’re plenty of upstyles for long hair, but none of them shows off the prettiness of highlighted hair better than this twisted updo with crisscrossed sections.
43. Updo with Two Fishtail Braids. Braids have always been a great element of beautiful and simple updos for long hair. If you know how to make a fishtail braid, you can even recreate it yourself by plaiting two fishtails and joining them into a cute updo.
44. Chunky Twisted Bun Updo for Long Hair. Low buns are the best. They’re fast to whip up, easy to work with, and you can elegantly fashion them using a soft twist or a braid.
45. Updo For Long Curly Hair. Naturally curly hair is already a great start for a beautiful updo. To get the same style, try a pony with a twist, secure it with bobby pins, and wrap a little braid above it as a finishing touch.
46. Braided Updo for Long Hair. Such an easy and delicate style calls to mind romantic French movies. It’s not only pretty but really simple: all you need is a loose braid wrapped into a high bun and a pretty silk scarf to finish the look.
47. Messy Updo for Long Hair. A delicate yet statement updo. To achieve it, curl and tease your hair, then twist and pin individual sections. As you work your way up, secure the twisted sections with bobby pins. In the end, your masterpiece will seem more majestic than the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
48. Updo for Long Thick Hair. An extremely complex and beautiful style with lots of texture and an airy feel. Here it’s all about wraps and loose braided locks intertwined to form a low halo.
49. Low Flower Bun for Long Hair. Arrange your beachy locks into a delicate flower bun. Loosen it up and see for yourself how your hair can form a beautiful texture on its own.
50. Side Updo for Long Hair. Here you have a casual option that you can try to recreate at home. All you need to do is separate your hair into two sections, make a bun out of the top one and cover it with the lower part in a wrap!
Even though having long hair can be tiresome at times, it’s definitely much more fun to play with when it comes to styling it. Whatever your next important date is, you’re now fully armed with ideas for the prettiest updos for long hair.