30 Stylish Updos for Short Hair to Make It Look Terrific
It might seem as if there aren’t many ways to style short hair. This is not true. There are no limits to updos for short hair! You can experiment with complicated and simple, fun, and formal short updos.
Cool, messy, and casual or put-together and elegant? Check our selection below to pick whatever you want!
1. Chignon for Neck-Length Hair. Nowadays, there are plenty of hairdressers that can create a chignon even from the shortest hair. This chignon is a quick updo you can adopt for any occasion. A great idea for both formal and casual events.
2. French Twist Look. Easy to do yourself after some practice, the French twist is one of the best updos for short hair. It can serve as a formal style for work or a sophisticated style for a special occasion.
3. Wedding Bun for Short Hair. Add some accessories, and voila, you have a wedding updo for short hair! White flowers, a line of pearls, or a delicate barrette can be added to lift this basic style.
4. High Formal Bun. A nice choice as a prom updo for short hair. Add a floor-length or midi dress, and you will transform into the cutest girl of the evening.
5. Grecian Twisted Short Updo. Beautiful, fun, and noble hairdo that calls to mind warm summer evenings. Looks best when worn with bangs.
6. Hairstyle for Chin-Length Hair. You can achieve something special even with chin-length hair. To make one of the quickest and prettiest upstyles for short hair you just need to backcomb it slightly and attach some accessories.
7. Low Updo for Short Hair. Use a band to help create different moods. A minimalist black band compliments a wide range of outfits and looks cool in your Instagram images.
8. Bobby Pin Updo for Short Hair. There are some more easy updos for short hair which can be made even on a busy morning. Use pins and your imagination.
9. Elegant Low Bun. If you want to feel like a princess or queen, this updo is for you! A low accessorized hairdo will look beautiful with all your elegant dresses, but strapless dresses would be the best fit.
10. Messy Low Bun. The messy hairstyle is for girls who want to have fun. With some vibrant clothes, this updo can express your energy and freedom.
11. Updo for Short Natural Hair. Looking for a black braided updo for short hair? Choose cornrows on the bottom and a chunky braid or loose curls on the top. It’s not DIY, but you will wear it with pleasure for some time.
12. Nape Bun with Long Bangs. A gracious and sophisticated hairstyle. With this one, you will definitely be noticed wherever you go.
13. Updo for Short Bobbed Hair. Can you believe the hairstyle on the right is made out of the neck-length hair on the left? The bob is a cool hairstyle as it is, but if you add some twists or braids and fancy pins, you can transform it into something gorgeous.
14. Voluminous Low Bun for Thin Short Hair. Even if your hair tends to be straight and thin, you can generate some volume and create an incredible style. You just need to find a good hairstylist.
15. Weightless Fine Hair Bun for Short Hair. A simple and quick hairdo that will make you feel like Audrey Hepburn – feminine, rich, superb.
16. Low Updo for Short Hair. Braids can’t spoil a hairdo, right? In case you lack length, imitate a braid by criss-crossing your layers and pinning them in place.
17. Voluminous Updo for Medium Short Hair. This style is perfect for weddings and proms. With a few hairpins and a refined accessory, you can become the center of attention.
18. Hairdo for Shoulder-Length Hair. This short to medium length updo looks beautiful with open back dresses. Feel red-carpet-ready and enjoy your special event or a casual day.
19. Semi Updo for Short Curly Hair. If you’re not afraid to look daring and if you’re sick of classy styles, you’re gonna love this one!
20. Floral Hairstyles for Short Hair. Use some flowers – this magnificent hairstyle will add summer vibes to your look and lift up your mood.
21. African American Ombre Updo. The twisted ombre braids are the success of this fresh, vivid, and unusual updo hairstyle.
22. Half Up Half Down Bob. A brilliant hairdo for special occasions. Leave the bottom of your long bob hair loose to show its beauty. The other half is braided into a voluminous crown around your head.
23. Messy Nape Bun. A fresh compromise between a classy bun and a chic carefree hairstyle. Curl and pin, add some flowers or leave as it is.
24. Messy Updo with a Side Braid. Braids have been through various transformations since the hippie era. Why not remember something great from the past and give it a new look? Pin this updo to show your hairstylist next time you are preparing for a special event.
25. Classy Knotted Bun. If messy styles are not your option, have a look at this low updo. The put-together yet airy bun will lend a slightly mysterious flair to your look.
26. Black Updo for Short Hair. The chaotic braids make this updo completely unique. You will definitely need time to do this, but the result is worth the effort.
27. Half Up Twist Braid. A hairdo that can be created on your way to the elevator but still make a good impression and add special vibes to your look.
28. Low Messy Bun with Pearl Clips. Slightly messy and free of hustle, this bun on pre-waved hair creates a homey atmosphere and brings coziness to your look. Perfect for 2nd- or 3rd-day hair.
29. Bridesmaid Updo. If you need to look cute, this is just what you need. With this quaint hairstyle and a smart dress, you will receive many compliments.
30. Pixie Updo on the Side. Not every girl will risk shaving a half of her head, but sometimes we all want to try a hairstyle with buzzed sides. Try a hairdo that fakes a shaved side. It will definitely help you to stand out from the crowd.
As you see, pretty updos for short hair are not a myth! You may always add more texture with volume-boosting products, use clip-ins or accessories. Don’t be afraid to ask your hairstylist to create an updo, and just enjoy the process. We hope this selection of updo hairstyles for short hair inspired you to style your short locks up more often. Tell us in the comments below what short upstyles you usually do and which volume-boosting tricks you use. Have a nice day!