40 Inspiration Ideas for Balayage Short Hair to Feel Like a Celebrity
Experiments with balayage on short hair sometimes look even more spectacular than on long hair. Dimensional highlights make the haircut expensive and soigne. Balayage is a free-hand technique — the stylist applies colors to the hair as an arbitrary pattern, thus making it look similar to naturally sun-kissed strands. Worth trying, and this is why!
Check out these hair color ideas for short hair to feel gorgeous, stunning, and modern. Forget the old method of foil highlights done in a hair shop next to the house!
1. Balayage for Pixie Cut. A balayage pixie can be tuned to flatter any complexion. Suitable for both a casual and business look. The coloring takes more planning as there is less hair to work with, but the result is fashionable and fresh.
2. Blonde Balayage for Short Length Hair. The best look to brighten up your face. It creates more depth and a richer hair color for short hair. If you are a student or a busy working mom, why go plain and dull? Keep up with fashion and short balayage hairstyles!
3. Balayage for Short Straight Hair. Keep the roots darker, and try a soft fade towards the ends. Perfect for city girls who are searching for fashionable looks. Use a blow dryer to get it straight and add volume.
4. Tri-Color Balayage on a Bob. A balayage bob is guaranteed to make you look glamorous. We would say that “arresting” is the word to describe this style. If you have thick hair, you should get the ends feathered for a voluminous yet lightweight look.
5. Short Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights. There is always something that makes balayage hair so tempting. A shoulder-length cut with loose curls and a soft caramel balayage will create a super-romantic look! A great fit for your date night.
6. Ash Blonde Balayage on Short Hair. Calling all blondes! This color is perfect for those who are searching for colored dimensions without too much warmth. Textured ends give it a more sophisticated vibe.
7. Caramel Balayage for Short Hair. An easy and effortless style with low maintenance. Look your best with these short caramelized locks even if you have no time on styling. So spicy, why not try it?
8. Red Balayage for Dark Short Hair. A bold version of highlights. The red color appears even brighter on very short hair with dark roots. If you are looking for a punky yet sexy look, this is for you.
9. Royal Gray Balayage on a Lob. Models and celebrities are regularly going out with gray hair nowadays. Going gray has become a trend! You can also pull it off if you choose your flattering gray shades and have them blended seamlessly into your natural hair color.
10. Sparkling Silver Balayage. Show off your amazing hair with bright white silver highlights. A true must-have for a funky and sassy look.
11. Romantic Blonde Balayage Bob. The hairstyle that makes you feel happy and cozy. Keep it subtle and natural-looking with money pieces, babylights, and barely-there beach waves.
12. Mahogany Brown Balayage for Short Hair. Not only blondes have all the fun. Here’s a fabulous mix of stand-out colors for brunettes. With reddish balayage highlights, you get artistic results with minimal effort.
13. Short Dark Hair with Blonde Highlights. Make your tan skin shine naturally without excessive bleaching. The spiced up beachy waves with money pieces bring cool modern vibes.
14. Long Bob with Chunky Caramel Highlights. Why limit yourself to a solid hair color if you can have a very interesting dimensional style. A bit of metallics make you look super fresh and fun!
15. Blonde Sweeps on Brown Hair. X-men’s Storm, you better sit down as there is a new strong lady in town! Confident, powerful, and wild – we know you will adore platinum accents on your dark blonde hair.
16. Cinnamon Balayage for Shorter Hair. Do you have soft brown hair? Time to embrace some milky lightness! Diversify your look with delicate cinnamon ribbons. It is a great way to add depth to your hair, and make your eyes shine!
17. Purple Balayage for Short Hair. Purple balayage is breathtaking and 100% mainstream nowadays. The rosey plum color doesn’t stand out as much as it used to, but it can still make anyone modern and trendy. Are you ready to choose your purple mate?
18. Short Bob Balayage Hairstyle. Who said that short hair is boring? A balayage bob is a safe bet when you are in doubt. Get stylish bonus points with this extraordinary retro-vibe look.
19. Blonde Highlights with a Few Waves. The natural brown hair color works best with a few highlights. You will know that you are always the center of attention.
20. Balayage Ombre on Short Hair. It is not a common pairing, but it seems that everyone loves it! Put in a few metallic shades to blend your natural color with highlights. Multi-dimensional tones are good for easy maintenance and effortlessly adorable looks.
21. Blonde Balayage Highlights for Short Hair. Meet a fresh hairstyle for minimalists. A partial blonde balayage is great for every age. The dimensional blonde will go perfectly with your base color and cut.
22. Cute Balayage for Brunette Hair. If you are tired of pictures with bright blonde streaks, try subtle highlights! Light tones help you catch the warmth and the right light! This hairstyle adds a lot of true femininity.
23. Silvery Blonde Balayage for Medium Hair. If you prefer a no-fuss style that works casually, try it out. Light waves are always appealing and never go out fashion.
24. Partial Balayage for Short Hair. Another great idea for ladies with dark hair and brown eyes. Create a perfect natural color with partial coloring. Could it ever get more adorable?
25. Pretty Balayage for Thick Brown Hair. A blonde balayage with short hair always looks better when your roots are darker. Choose a non-banal ash or creamy blonde shade if you need a major hair transformation.
26. Balayage Highlights and Lowlights for Short Hair. A bit of cinnamon in brown hair provides a superb look. To show off the multi-tone color, a few waves and random twists will create a striking effect.
27. Sleek Short Balayaged Hair. Straight-haired girls often complain that their locks are too flat. With balayage, your hairstylist will add the desired dimension to your hair. Then, you can wear your sleek bob flat-ironed and voluminous.
28. Rose Gold Balayage for Short Hair. Not a fan of classic styles? Try rose gold highlights! They are adorable and will not give a heart attack to your grandma at a family get-together.
29. Face-Framing Balayage for Short Dark Hair. Do you want full-bodied dimension? These shaggy waves will not spoil any style, whatever the dress code is. Jazz up your look with face-framing highlights, lending additional shine to the skin.
30. Blonde Balayage for a Playful Short Haircut. Make your hair lively, and give it a shiny sheen. If you pair it with shadow roots and messy waves, you’ll get a perfect combo not only for a date but work too.
31. Pink Balayage for Short Hair. For all the fans of pink hair, you really should consider a balayage. Such an amazing look goes especially well with a simple T-shirt and sneakers.
32. Short Shaved Hairstyle with Balayage. Are you searching for a daring, sexy, and extravagant look? Ramp up your style with an asymmetric side shave. This haircut solution and highlights will skyrocket you to new heights!
33. Bleach Blonde Balayage and Side Bangs. If you like to keep your locks short, there is no need to worry – you still can rock a balayage. Whether you are naturally blonde or not, this hairstyle will make you look fresh and glowing.
34. Dirty Blonde Hair with Balayage. Perfect for those with grown-out dark roots. Enjoy never-ending hair dimension that catches the eye. Get ready for several compliments from the guy you like!
35. Short Caramel Blonde Balayage with Dark Roots. Upgrade your shag with some bent waves to maximize the natural volume of your hair. Such a hairstyle will give you an added chic factor and feel casual enough to wear it daily.
36. Short Black Hair and Balayage. The transition from black hair to highlights without too much effort with full balayaged bangs. Versatile and memorable, soft, and textured, try this hairstyle out!
37. Balayage Hairstyle with Bangs. Bangs might not be an easy decision, but they are definitely worth your attention. Bring yourself to the romantic side with this shaggy balayaged hairstyle featuring a neat fringe. Feel like a French girl from Paris!
38. Balayage for Short Curly Hair. A really effortless-looking and ultra-modern balayage with a creative statement for curly hair. The gentle curves around the face add some extra chic and feminine vibes!
39. Easy Dimensional Romantic Waves. Incorporating chunky sparse highlights is a perfect way to impress the world with a dramatic change. A wonderful choice to start if you have never tried hair dyeing before.
40. Blue Balayage for Short Hair. Want a funky style while keeping the look acceptable for your environment? The black and blue combo is pushing the edge but doesn’t look like crazy hair.
We believe in trendy short hair color ideas that will make any girl flawless! Balayage on short hair is extremely beautiful, fresh, and fashionable. Pick your favorite, share it with your stylist, and enjoy your new gorgeous look!