Cornrows were invented as a protective female hairstyle that can both help to regrow your curls and save you from the hottest months of the year. So, if you are looking for scalp braids to try out asap, you are in the right place. Read on!
Some facts about cornrow braids:
– Cornrows are braided close to the scalp, so they are often called the SCALP braids.
– It’s difficult to cornrow your hair without the help of a hairdresser. Better book an appointment with your hairstylist.
– Cornrow braids last at least one month and are easy to take care of.
– To create some cornrows braided hairstyles you might need to add extensions to your natural hair.
The selection below will show you the trendiest cornrow hairstyles 2022 for women and girls, with images and descriptions.
1. Cornrow Lemonade Braids. This scalp braid style didn’t have a name of its own until Beyoncé has released her Lemonade album. It’s a safe alternative for bobs with shaved sides.
2. Cornrow Bun. A bun is the easiest way to style your cornrows for your studies or work. You can transform it into a ponytail in a few seconds.
3. Cornrow Bob. Long cornrows are quite heavy, but a bob is light and playful. Some make bobs with cornrow dreads if their lifestyle is laidback and informal.
4. Cornrows Going Back. This type of cornrows for women looks neat and is acceptable for a formal setting. It accentuates the impeccable shape of the skull and high cheekbones.
5. Braids to the Back on Cornrows. Choosing an intricate pattern is the right way to go when you want to take your cornrow braids to the next level. This version catches the eye with a stunning transition from disconnected tiny cornrows around the front to the helmet of crossing braids on the top.
6. Two Cornrow Braids. Typical of diligent and obedient schoolgirls. Please pay attention to the small rings in the braids — adding some zest is easy.
7. Scalp Braids Plus Free Curls. A perfect idea to prevent your restless curls from getting into your eyes. Saves you time in the morning, makes hair clips or pins excessive.
8. Side Cornrow Braids. Side cornrows are a smart alternative to your regular scalp braids running back. If you want to play with asymmetry, here’s a great solution.
9. Straight Back Braids with Zigzag Parting. Cornrow styles are truly versatile since you can play not only with sizes and directions. The zigzag do in the picture below is not overly complicated yet sassy enough to come into the spotlight. And don’t hesitate to ask for feed-in braids.
10. Cornrow Updo with Curls. Such a cute updo creates an impish and feminine impression at the same time. Use hairbands, ribbons, or tiaras to hold your hair.
11. Four Cornrow Braids. Actually, 4 cornrows or 6 cornrows — the number doesn’t matter as long as there is an impressive braided design on your scalp. You choose.
12. Cornrows in Front & Box Braids in Back. Cornrows and box braids allow you to experiment with multilayered hairstyles. Your hairdo will keep its shape for days without spray or gel.
13. Cornrows of Different Sizes. Here we are looking at the sleek and yummy chocolate hair that alternates mini braids with thicker cornrows to create a crisp pattern. However, the style doesn’t stop here and adds movement with the off-center placement. Similar cornrow hairstyles with braids of different sizes are very hot RN!
14. Cornrow Goddess Braids. These two massive cornrows symbolize a crown on the head of a queen or a goddess. Such an impressive hairstyle may require a lot of extensions.
15. Half-Cornrows Half-Curls. Searching for different ways to style cornrows? Check out this cornrows braided hairstyle with curls. A fanciful way to reveal your natural curls while keeping your hair off your face with dazzling side cornrows braids to the back.
16. Cute Pink Cornrows. With cornrows, you don’t need to stick to your natural hair color. You can try pink, blue, ash-blond, or any other daring shade.
17. Low Bun for Stitch Cornrows. You don’t have to spend hours in your stylist’s chair for your hair to look marvelous every day. Though simple and laid-back, her cornrow braids style is eye candy. The updo with baby hair gives her a super-classy look.
18. Simple Big Cornrows. A simple and less time-consuming cornrows hairstyle. Boost that seductively innocent statement with these super-stylish big stitch cornrows. A nude make-up will subtly enhance the allure. Don’t forget to style baby hairs.
20. High Bun Cornrows. Check these polished medium-sized cornrows. You can drop the braids down in a classic ponytail hairstyle or wear it up in a high bun for a more formal majestic queen look.
21. Twist Cornrows. The twisted version adds a dynamic flair to your look. Match it with sporty outfits. Gold or silver accessories will be a plus.
22. Scalp Braids and Corkscrew Waves. Our next pick is all about playing with textures since it makes cornrows beautifully merge with lush ringlets, landing a bombshell half-up, half-down style. Surely, the golden accents are also worth stealing.
23. Jumbo Stitch Cornrows. Too busy (ok, make that lazy) to be bothered with styling your hair daily? These protective goddess braids styled into a ponytail are what you need. A versatile, low-maintenance, get-up-and-go cornrow hairstyle.
24. Cornrow Box Braids. Cornrows plus long box braids are an amazing combination. Enjoy the length and volume of your new hairdo, and feel free to weave in a few strands of another color.
25. Half-Cornrows Half-Braids Updo. This is a popular African cornrow hairstyle for women. The versatile small cornrows are a showstopper anytime anywhere. Cornrow braids are usually elongated with extensions for additional glitz and easy styling. Wrap the ends up in a bun or let it down in a ponytail – versatility and perfection in one style.
26. Half Cornrows Half Kinky Twists. A fun and fancy way to get the best of both worlds. This sophisticated cornrow hairstyle is a marriage of cornrow braids and curly kinky twists. A perfect hairstyle for both formal events and casual outings.
27. Fun Asymmetrical Lob in Purple. Don’t even think that you need waist-length hair to rock trending cornrows. This brighter take on the hot Very Peri color can be infused into a chin-length bob or shoulder-grazing lob to construct a unique version of Beyonce-inspired lemonade braids.
28. Straight Back Cornrows for Casual Wear. Your hair doesn’t have to be thick or have much volume to recreate this style. It’s comfortable for everyday life and looks sophisticated at the same time.
29. Jumbo Cornrows. Jumbos are supposed to be big cornrows, but their thickness should depend on your facial features. Jumbos produce a great impression in buns and intricate hairdos.
30. Stitch Braided Cornrows. This look is a cute blend of different braid styles. We see here Fulani-like side braids, thick Ghana cornrows (also known as Banana braids), and thin scalp braids. Mix and play with braids you like the most!
So, these were the trending cornrows for the year 2022. Hopefully, this selection of cornrow designs will give you enough inspiration to choose your unique style. Feel free to experiment with braids and extensions, but make sure your braider is skilled and experienced enough. Cornrow hairstyles are always a great idea because they attract a lot of attention and match well with trendy clothing. Cornrow braid styles will help you produce an indelible impression on your family, friends, and colleagues!