Fifty Hand-Curated Haircuts for Women over 50
Choosing a new hairstyle or haircut can be difficult! Looking through thousands of hairstyles is a long task that may amount to nothing. Instead of combing through Instagram pages, this article will give you fifty great examples of hairstyles for women over 50 that you can sort out and bring to your hairstylist.
Read on to find your newest hairstyle!
1. This longer pixie builds volume in thinning hair. Short haircuts consolidate the hair, boosting thickness while also being a low maintenance style.
2. Everyday hairstyles are easy with a super short cut. Women in their 50s can simply sweep hair to one side with a little bit of pomade for a chic and edgy look.
3. The dark brown to blonde balayage color provides a nice contrast, complementing the asymmetry of the haircut. The longer sweeping, layered hair with bangs offers some variation in texture.
4. Hairstyles for women over 50 are not limited whatsoever! Playing with different textures, cuts, and directions can give you a myriad of looks to enjoy.
5. A feathered at ends bob adds thickness and maintains texture – a flattering option for all hair types.
6. Inverted bobs are a modern take on the classic bob. Straight hairstyles pair flawlessly with this haircut, creating a sleek and professional vibe. A tousled, curly styling offers more of a natural, youthful look.
7. The pixie bob is one of the most popular short hairstyles in the age of 50 and older. This bronzey bronde hair color has tons of depth and dimension that add to the movement of the cut.
8. One battle that many 50 year old women have to face is thinning locks. Fine, thin hair needs less layering and benefits from a blunter haircut.
9. A classy hairstyle is essential for ladies around 50 and up. Feathered layers build height, which is best for those with round faces.
10. Oval faces can wear virtually any haircut or style. This spiky look adds interest to the angle-lacking oval face shape.
11. The flowy, piece-y layers allow for movement and dimension. This works especially well for thick hair that has a tendency to be weighed down and blocky.
12. Layered hairstyles remove density and can be detrimental for those with fine hair. Instead, this haircut is best suited for coarse-haired ladies with lots of bulk to work with.
13. Blonde balayages are a current staple. Their perfect match is the messy beach wave – a trendy hairstyle for any season.
14. Short, wavy hair can easily be manipulated into straight or curly hairstyles. If you prefer a straighter hairstyle with volume, use some dry shampoo and add in a few swoopy waves.
15. A blunter cut boosts fullness for those with thin hair. Side bangs are a great addition for ladies with glasses.
16. Turning 50 can bring ever-increasing gray hairs and thinning ends. This warm, deep brown style with highlights is great for women seeking to cover up silver strands.
17. Copper streaks throughout the rich brunette base make for a contrast that elevates simple styles. Subtle waves in chin-length hairstyles add volume and build a frame, ideal for those with round faces and glasses.
18. Shingle layers are produced by carefully sectioning off and trimming lots of pieces. Recommended for hair that begs for some lift and texture.
19. Shoulder length hairstyles give plus size women more flattering options than shorter cuts. Chin-length tresses tend to draw attention to a double chin and can be unappealing for full-figured ladies.
20. Lobs designed with wavy hair in mind are the latest trend that offers a laid-back, deconstructed look. Use a clipless curling wand, texturizing spray, and a quick tousle through the loosely curled strands.
21. Incorporating tight yet messy curls into your look results in a youthful hairdo. This one is simple to accomplish on shorter locks and only takes some 10-15 minutes with a curling iron.
22. Looking for a haircut for fine straight hair that allows for both texture and sleekness? The cut pictured here is a nice solution for medium textured hair.
23. If coloring your whole head isn’t for you, graying women can also opt for gray brown balayages that complement their new gray shade. The silver color is used as the highlight in this case, while the darker shade creates the needed depth.
24. A square-shaped cut adds volume to the side view of your hairstyle. Including a tousled curl also amplifies body.
25. A shag cut is usually built using a razor or texturizing shears. The result is a funky, edgy style that works well for thin hair.
26. The short pixie cut is made unique by its tapered shape and extra volume. Side swept pixies add height, great for square faces.
27. Cool toned strands on the warm golden brown base develop a contrast that allows for depth in this cut.
28. A glossy, straight styling job on a short, precise bob creates a classic look perfectly suited to older women.
29. Face-framing pieces in a pixie can be cut to flatter you depending on your unique facial features. Piece-y bangs camouflage the forehead wrinkles, while sideburns accentuate the cheekbones.
30. A brightly colored top layer contrasting with a deep base color gives the illusion of more depth in locks, and hence, more volume.
31. Short wavy hair requires skillful cutting to accentuate texture without creating poofy-ness. A tapered haircut refines the hair and tames the style.
32. This textured bob is great for a redhead turning gray and aiming to return to the original hair color. The bob is modernized by its contemporary angular shape and crisp texture.
33. The tousled straight bob boasts piece-y layers and gives off a polished, refined vibe without losing volume or body. Tease the roots and spritz a volumizing spray through the strands.
34. Shorter haircuts like this one are great for aging women. They allow a fresh canvas for new healthy hair to grow while maintaining the quality of a contemporary hairstyle.
35. This angled bob shapes the face and flaunts the popular beach wave texture. Lightly bending the hair with a straightening iron adds movement without damaging methods like backcombing.
36. Androgynous looks are also in great demand. This gender neutral pixie bob cut incorporates a combover and a clear distinction between the blonde and the base color.
37. The voluminous, rounded bob is elegant and age-appropriate. A great blowout enhances the shape and volume of the cut in one step without any extra styling.
38. Here’s a convenient and versatile cut that doesn’t need any hustle to look current and flattering.
39. When layers are well-blended, a perfect shape is being born. This is great for thinner-haired ladies looking for textured tresses.
40. Chin length hairstyles complement the jawline that loses its angle and definition with age. Customized layering can also accentuate the features you are happy with.
41. Shoulder length gray hairstyles with bangs are a cute and on-trend approach to older women’s styles. A blowout with a round-brush and a tousled wavy style belong to up-to-date styling methods that bring balance and beauty to healthy graying locks.
42. Ladies over fifty that are blessed with thick hair can experiment with slightly graduated cuts. These hairstyles require very little styling as they already promote movement.
43. An edgy haircut like a shag is fantastic for women in their 50s desiring to change up the classic look. A warm toned blonde complements fair skin with warm undertones.
44. For thick hair, short layers in the crown offer height and volume on top, beneficial for round faces. The added height also provides a pleasing silhouette of your short hairstyle.
45. This chin-length bob with angled layering is a new take on the classic rounded bob. The modern side-swept fringe elevates the look.
46. The tapered pixie with elongated side bangs accentuates the cheekbones. This works well for oblong and oval faces.
47. Deep, sweeping Jennifer Aniston-esque bangs and textured tips add a contemporary touch to an over 50’s bob.
48. Ash-hued colors complement fair and cool skin tones. The modern ash blonde paired with a glossy, straight long bob creates a timeless and classy feel.
49. If the classic angled bob is too pointy and harsh for you, try this rounded version. The angles are softened to create a less dramatic look.
50. This undercut pixie allows for face framing pieces and more styling options than the traditional crop. The out-of-the-box feel of this cut is accentuated by the unconventional copper and rose wood blend.
With a multitude of different haircuts and colors available, you can combine the facets of different styles to create your unique look. We hope our pictures of on-trend hairstyles for women over 50 have brought you some much-needed inspiration for your next salon appointment.