50 Fantastic Knotless Braids Styles for Braid Lovers Out There
47. Waist-Length Square Knotless Braids. You can never go wrong with square knotless braids and their wonderful aesthetic.
Knotless braids are very trendy right now and popular among women with curly and wavy hair of all ages. They’re not only effortlessly chic, but also adaptable, attractive, and protective for your hair, causing less harm than other types of braids.
What Are Knotless Braids?
Knotless braids are braids with extensions that are knots-free. The roots are smooth and flat. Knotless braids hairstyles have a unique appearance. If you don’t have time to deal with your hair, and the time you spend doing and undoing your hair every day irritates you, this style will undoubtedly be your savior as it can last for weeks.
What Do Knotless Braids Look Like?
The knotless braid method begins with your natural hair and progressively adds hair or extensions to the braid as you go, creating strain on the scalp and lowering the risk of hair breaking.
This hairstyle usually features square-shaped hair divisions (or triangle, diamond-shaped ones). The braids are done using synthetic hair to provide length and thickness. Knotless braids can be done in various ways because they are not tied to the scalp like other similar styles – cornrows, etc.
Knotless Braids vs. Box Braids
The main difference between knotless braids and box braids is that knotless braids begin with your natural hair, and extensions are fed in as you braid, unlike traditional box braids, which start by tightly knotting extensions into your hair at the scalp. Another distinction between knotless braids and regular box braids is that knotless braids have a much more natural-looking finish. You cannot identify where the hair starts or ends when you look at knotless plaits. From the roots, they’re seamless.
Are Knotless Braids Damaging?
Because the braids exert less tension on your hairline and scalp, your hair, particularly your edges, is more protected. These won’t break your edges or damage them.
50 Ideas How to Style Knotless Braids
Knotless box braids are like hitting the jackpot in hairstyles: they’re low maintenance, have a lovely queen look, provide hair protection, and require no styling. This post goes through different ways to style knotless braids in detail.
1. Bohemian Knotless Braids. These boho knotless braids will deliver you a perfect bohemian vibe. To take it to the next level, add beads and/or rings.
2. Heart and Triangle Knotless Braids. Buns are great for days when you have a lot to get done and don’t want your hair to get in the way. Or just when you feel like switching things up a little.
3. Brown Knotless Braids. The golden-brown color can appear dramatic and bold when added to black hair. This hairstyle also benefits from the gelled hairline.
4. Jumbo Triangle Knotless Box Braids. Jumbo triangle braids take less time and are quite unusual compared to traditional square-parted braids. The result is this stunning look.
5. Long Knotless Box Braids with Curly Ends. Loose ends are a fun and different way to wear knotless braids. This look will make you stand out from the crowd.
6. Mid Back Knotless Braids. These super cute braids require less time and can be fashioned in various ways, making you feel like a princess.
7. Knotless Braids with Curls. Knotless braids with loose curls have lately been brought into the braiding industry. Ladies especially enjoy them in shoulder-length hairstyles!
8. Black Knotless Box Braids. If you don’t want to appear overly dramatic, opt for knotless box braids of the same color as your natural hair is.
9. Knotless Jumbo Braids. Maintain an impressive and lovely look with this braided style. The thick braids contrast with thin curls sticking out of the plaits.
10. Half Knotless Braids Half Curls. The stunning knotless braids with curls in between stand out from the usual knotless braids and give a thicker look.
11. Big Knotless Braids. If you don’t want to spend hours making your hair, a big knotless braid is an ideal option. They appear very neat and clean and can be thrown or stuffed into a bun.
12. Center-Parted Knotless Braids with Beads and Highlights. This cute hairstyle with face-framing braids is simple in the upper part and spiced up with crystal beads and sunny highlights on the bottom.
13. Knotless Box Braids Half Up Half Down. This outstanding style looks pretty much dramatic with a high, fancy-shaped knot topping the head, which doesn’t prevent it from showing off the length in the bargain.
14. Large Knotless Braids. Try these knotless braids for the absolute show-stopping hairstyle.
15. Metallic Brown Knotless Box Braids. A huge bun tied on the crown is a great way to gain attention, but this girl plays a winning game by choosing bronze extensions and adding plenty of sheen to the extraordinary size.
16. Classy Half-Up Knotless Braids. The classy knotless box braids can be styled and rocked for that special occasion without having to think about what style to wear with them.
17. Super-Long Small Knotless Braids with Symmetrical Cornrows. Ultra-long braids always look cool, especially when their tiny size (read: more braids) adds a fuller feel to the hairstyle. This gal also introduces middle-parted cornrows to emphasize her perfectly oval face shape.
18. Eye-Catching Knotless Box Braids with Heart-Shaped Accents. Blonde insertions alone would be enough to engage all eyes to this head of stitch braids, but the style also features lovely heart-shaped plaiting on the sides to wow us even more.
19. Golden Medium Knotless Braids with Accessorized Ends. These mid-sized cornrows do an excellent job of creating texture and volume around the crown, and the sets of beads on the ends bring bounce to the formula.
20. Romantic Jumbo Braids with Cascading Spirals. Large braids are for daring girls only, as they make a statement on their own, but you can soften the look with loops of hair creatively inserted throughout the length.
21. Knotless Braids with Color Pops. Actually, you don’t need a head of rainbow colors to spice up your fresh style, and these golden blonde braids sitting only on the sides do the job perfectly.
22. Medium Knotless Braids Ready for Upstyle. These pencil-size braids won’t require as much time for installation as larger dimensions, but they are wide enough to showcase the texture.
23. Knotless Goddess Braids. Knotless braids in the goddess style are most beautiful when worn with braided in highlighted curly strands. These curls give off a romantic and fun vibe.
24. Extra Small Knotless Braids. The smaller braids tightly secured on your hair appear so natural and sweet.
25. Large Knotless Braids in Ponytail. This hairstyle doesn’t look overwhelmed with details, placing the main focus on the lush high ponytail and adding just a bit of spice with a zigzag pattern between the cornrows.
26. Flirty Knotless Braids with Curls. Corkscrew ringlets on the tips, some asymmetry on the top, and golden splashes throughout the braids — isn’t it that playful look you are searching for?
27. Long Knotless Braids in Total Black. Since knotless braids put less tension on the roots, you can follow this girl’s lead and opt for longer strands you couldn’t afford before.
28. Ombre Knotless Braids. Whether your hair is braided or not, ombre is a win-win option. The ideal ombre color gradation is when darker roots contrast with lighter or brighter ends.
29. Curly Knotless Braids with Cuffs. The shorter braids produce a lovely ‘lob’ look that flatters different face shapes. Short braids are much lighter than long braids, making this a charming and comfortable braided hairstyle.
30. Shoulder-Length Knotless Braids. Medium-length braids with curls give you an effortless look and make you feel like a diva.
31. Center-Parted Knotless Braids. This girl rocks her lengthy no-frills braids sharply parted in the middle to create perfect symmetry and accentuate the balanced shape of her oval face.
32. Side-Parted Braids without Knots. This picture proves that without bulges of hair stemming from the scalp, knotless braids styles look seamless and natural – both parted in the middle and swept to one side.
33. Big Knotless Braids with Tapered Ends. Apart from requiring less time for installation, more massive braids deliver bolder looks thanks to their 3D feel and extended partings you can toy with.
34. Large Knotless Heart-Shaped Braid. On the days when you need to make a splash at a formal event, a large heart-shaped knotless braid comes in handy.
35. Bohemian Knotless Braids with Triangle Parts. Speaking of whimsical parting: this style gives us a nice example of thinking outside the box (literally!), let alone the boho vibes it acquires with loose spirals attached to the braids.
36. Black and Brown Braided Combo. Knotless braids styles easily accommodate hair extensions of different shades and even allow you to play with color effects to land a truly unique look.
37. Frequent Braids with Golden Insertions. In fact, a smaller braid size equals more strands sitting on a head and, as a result, more chances to add subtle color accents and customize your style.
38. Solid-Color Small Knotless Braids. Since these braids are quite narrow and absolutely knot-free, they are more flexible in styling, allowing you to create DIY half-ups, ponytails, or updos without much effort.
39. High Bun Made of Goddess Knotless Braids. Braids with loose ends look mesmerizing when worn down, but this style shows what a rich texture you can get if pinning them up and letting the tips fall around.
40. Simple Knotless Braids with Amber Tint. This girl has banked on the color-plus-length combination and set her honey-tinted braids free to hug the face and then cascade down.
41. Short Knotless Braids with Ringlets. Although these braids are really tiny and only shoulder-length, they look no less fabulous because of the brightness received with golden highlights and the bounce gained with those fun tight curls.
42. Comb Over Knotless Braids with Curls. Having tight braids generously interspersed with loose spirals, this mid-length gypsy style radiates texture and volume maximized with the whole mass of strands pulled to one side.
43. Cherry Red Butt-Length Knotless Braids. In addition to being exotic and vibrant, these knotless box braids in cherry red will leave you breathless and win you the greatest knotless braid award.
44. Small Box Knotless Braids. Go for small to medium braids not only when you want your style to seem fuller but also if you worry about moisturizing your scalp, as smaller sections provide better access to the roots.
45. High Contrast Jumbo Knotless Braids. These large knotless braids are sure to steal the spotlight for their size alone, but the bright yellow extensions make it really impossible to miss the style.
46. Platinum Blonde Braids with Lowlights and French Curls. Besides an absolutely amazing mix of blonde shades, this style incorporates the hottest French curls trend and plays up the size difference between petite braids and big locks.
47. Waist-Length Square Knotless Braids. You can never go wrong with square knotless braids and their wonderful aesthetic.
48. Braided Multitone Blonde Bun. Here is another option for blending warm and cool tone blondes in one braided style stunningly dramatized with the strands wrapped into a voluminous high bun.
49. Medium Knotless Braids in a Bun. A braided bun is a traditional hairstyle that can be worn in many ways. It’s perfect for a formal occasion, a dinner date, or even to dress up your casual look.
50. Goddess Square Braids. It’s impossible not to fall in love and feel like a goddess with this square knotless braid style.
The Most Popular Questions About Knotless Braids with Answers
How many packs of hair do you need for knotless braids? Usually, 5-7 packs are used for medium-to-long knotless braids.
How long does it take to do knotless braids? Depends on their type, length, and thickness. Usually, knotless braids take 1.5 hours or more.
How long do knotless braids last? Their installation can take a little longer than other braid types, but once placed, knotless braids can last up to 4 or 6 weeks, based on how well you care for them. Some women even wear them for 2-3 months! Smaller knotless braids last longer.
How much are knotless braids? Several factors influence the price of knotless box braids. The length and thickness of the braids can vary, depending on your stylist’s talent and location. The cost ranges from $150 to more than $600 on average. Longer braids with less thickness are on the more expensive side of the spectrum. Even though the price appears high, it is fair because you pay for no-tension extensions and how they are placed.
How to care for knotless box braids? You will need to wash them properly, choose the right hair products for your knotless braids, and learn good sleep-in hairstyles for them.
How to keep knotless braids from frizz? A good mousse will help to tame the frizz. A proper night hair care routine is a must to keep your knotless plaits frizz-free.
How to keep knotless braids fresh? Too frequent washing may cause frizz. Use dry shampoo in-between washes.
How to wash knotless braids? Damp the scalp (you may use a spray bottle). Squeeze a bit of shampoo to the middle first, massage into the scalp, then apply a bit of the product to other sections of the scalp. Rinse everything out. Another way to wash your knotless braids is to add several pumps of your shampoo into a spray bottle. Shake, spray onto your roots, soap, rinse.
How to sleep with knotless braids? Wrapping your hair with a silk scarf or a bonnet will prevent hair breakage. A silk pillowcase is also a way to protect your knotless braids.
How to wrap knotless braids at night? Spray your braids with a moisturizing and nourishing hair product your hair braider recommends. Then wrap your braids with a silk scarf.
How to make knotless braids last longer? To make knotless braids last longer, use a leave-in spray and oils on your scalp. While retwisting (if needed), use a shine jam. Don’t overuse the gel.
What are the cons of knotless box braids? Longer installation time, higher price, and the ‘scalpy’ (aka the “bold skin”) look.
Knotless braids styles are beautiful, natural-looking and they show your free spirit and creativity. Knotless braids protect the hair and give it a more authentic look, making them perfect for those who want to promote hair growth instead of damage.