What are the best bangs for my face shape?
What bangs should I get for my face shape?
It may sound unbelievable, but there are particularly fitting and flattering bangs for ALL face shapes. Bangs instantly transform your face and give you a fabulous new look. Of course, the main secret to a perfect transformation without your tears is in going for suitable bangs for YOUR face shape.
The best bet is to consult a pro hairstylist, but before going to a salon, you need to do your own research and grab some photos. Read on to find helpful guidelines for selecting the right bangs for different face shapes. Everything you need to know to choose the right bangs for your face shape is right here.
1. Bangs for a Round Face. If your face is round-shaped, a short or long bob with curtain bangs or wispy bangs will look amazing on you. A perfect round face bangs idea (whether you have short, medium, or long hair) is side bangs. For round face side-parting your bangs will deliver an elongating effect and make your cheekbones and jawline appear more prominent.
2. Bangs for a Square Face. If your face is square-shaped with a strong jawline, you can’t go wrong with thick fringe bangs that extend down to or go slightly below your brows. Some wispy long bangs will break down your strong jawline and soften harsh features of your face. You can style a thick fringe into sassy side-swept bangs for a breezier look or comb it down for well-defined full bangs.
3. Bangs for Oval Faces. If you have an oval face, you must have over and over again heard that your face shape is perfect. An oval face is a very good face shape for bangs, the styling options are unlimited. Straight-across oval face bangs, cropped baby bangs for an oval shape face, piece-y thick fringes, short layered bangs, oval face wispy bangs, etc. Don’t be shy to try them out ‘cos they would more likely than not look awesome on you.
4. Bangs for the Rectangle Face. A haircut with bangs is all about creating a balance between your hairline, your jawline, and the length of your face. A rectangular face shape is wider at the forehead and cheeks with a blunt angular jawline. Befitting bangs for face shapes that are associated with a rectangle need to create an illusion of length and roundness at the jawline. Beautiful bangs for rectangle faces include asymmetrical fringe bangs, side-swept long bangs, and curly bangs to soften the strong jawline. The face-framing side bangs that sweep past the chin are most flattering on this face shape, lending it an illusion of length.
5. Bangs for a Triangle Face. Since your face is narrower at the top, you should go for the bangs that add more volume to the top of your head. Brow-length curly bangs, thick straight-across bangs, ear-length side bangs tapered at the ends are among the best bangs for a triangle face shape.
6. Bangs for an Inverted Triangle Face. The baby bangs arched in the center of the forehead and blended softly into chin-length face-framing pieces are becoming on this face shape. The high-low cut of the bangs tapers the wideness of the upper half of your face, while the chin-length side layers help to widen your jawline and make your chin appear less narrow. Some cropped forehead-grazing pieces with longer side bangs, as well as half moon bangs cut higher in the middle and longer at the sides are fantastic bangs for an inverted triangle face.
7. Bangs for Heart-Shaped Faces. Wispy fringe bangs will accentuate the soft features of a heart-shaped face without enhancing its roundness. As opposed to a full fringe, thinned-out wispy bangs won’t add to the heaviness of your wide forehead and will flatter your cute chin. Bardot bangs cut slightly longer at the sides, long textured bangs, side-swept bangs, or curtain bangs swept backwards also flatter heart-shaped faces.
8. Bangs for Long Face. Lucky you, if you have an oblong face! Yours is a very good face shape for bangs. There are many stunning bangs for an oblong face. You can emphasize your slender facial structure with thick straight-across bangs or opt for thick layered bangs to create a lovely rounded look. To play up your beautiful eyes, let the bangs seductively graze around your eyebrows or keep the length just above your brows for a chic look.
9. Bangs for the Heptagon Face. Heptagon faces are typically long, with a narrow forehead, prominent cheekbones, and a strong jawline. Heptagonal face bangs include layered thick fringe bangs, textured Bardot bangs, full curtain bangs, and side-swept bangs. These will make your forehead look wider. Pair any of them with tapered, jaw-grazing side layers to narrow the sides of your face and soften the jawline.
10. Bangs for the Kite Face. Similar to a diamond face, this face is a unique face shape with quite a narrow hairline and pointy chin. Pulling off befitting bangs for face shape this unique could be a little bit tricky. However, with just the right volume of bangs at the crown, you will achieve a fantastic shape similar to an oval face. Side-swept bangs, center-parted choppy bangs, wide-open curtain bangs are great bangs for kite face. For those with short hair, the faux hawk bangs spread out across the hairline are an amazing bangs option for your face.
11. Bangs for the Teardrop Face. A teardrop face is remarkably short and features a narrow forehead, less pronounced cheekbones, and a broad jawline. Opt for heavy bangs like full straight bangs, rounded bangs elongated past the brow, or thick straight-across bangs that will make the upper half of your face appear fuller. The aim is to create a balance between your forehead and your jawline.
12. Bangs for a Pear Face. The right bangs for a pear face would be the types that widen the forehead and make the jawline appear more pointed. Consider such bangs as heavy straight bangs or rounded bangs elongated past the brow, long side-swept bangs with tapered ends, curtain bangs, and curly bangs.
13. Bangs for a Diamond Face Shape. This face shape is wide at the cheekbones with a narrower forehead and jawline. Aim for the bangs that strike a neat balance between your wide cheekbones and the narrow top and bottom of your face. If your hair is short or medium-length, try to create some semblance of volume at the nape of your neck. An inverted bob hairstyle or any other hairdo with curled ends would flatter your face shape.
14. Bangs for the Egg-Shaped Face. This face shape is similar to an oval face, but a bit wider at the cheekbones and jawline. Blunt straight-across bangs, side-swept bangs, curtain bangs, choppy full bangs, Bardot bangs look stunning on this face shape. Let the length of the bangs drop below the eyebrows for a chic and sassy look.
15. Bangs for the Full Face. Bangs for a full face should not be thick or heavy to avoid adding to the fullness of your face. Likewise, straight bangs will cause your face to appear fuller. Wispy bangs, thinned-out fringe bangs, and high-cut piece-y baby bangs are recommended for full faces.
16. Bangs for Chubby Faces. Having a chubby face shouldn’t stop you from rocking a haircut with bangs. In fact, bangs can ease out the puffiness of your chubby face and make it appear slimmer. Side-swept bangs cut at an angle make a chubby face look slender. Wispy bangs and piece-y, long fringe bangs are equally flattering chubby face bangs.
17. Bangs for a Thin Face. Blunt full bangs, straight-across bangs, side-swept bangs, curly bangs, rounded fringe bangs, and side-swept Bardot bangs are adept at framing a thin face. Accompany the bangs with chin-length face-framing pieces to make your face fuller. However, overly long and heavy bangs will swallow up your face. Thin and wispy bangs are a no-no for a thin face as these will only point out that your face is skinny.
18. Bangs for High Forehead. Bangs do wonders in concealing large foreheads. Straight-across bangs, choppy bangs, curly bangs, piece-y bangs, and side-swept bangs are great bangs for a high forehead. Consider your face shape and facial features when choosing the right type of bangs for covering your high forehead.
19. Bangs for a Small Forehead. Full retro-style bangs, rounded full bangs, a full blunt fringe, cropped baby bangs are some of the bangs styles that work for small foreheads. Such bangs create an illusion of broadness across your hairline. Longer bangs will help to lengthen a short forehead. What else can work? Long side-swept bangs, graduated bangs, soft wispy bangs, and a textured fringe may flatter your short forehead as well.
20. Bangs for the Big Forehead. Bangs are a great way of covering up a large forehead. The long bangs that fall way past the eyebrows, either sleek and smoothed out or a bit shaggy and tousled, are flattering and do a great job of masking a wide forehead. Flattening your bangs close to your face works better than rounded/cropped bangs. Cropped bangs tend to push from your forehead and thus enhance the imbalance of your face.
We believe you’re now armed with the knowledge you need to get the best bangs for your face shape. Now you may contact your hairstylist, book an appointment, and get your most flattering bangs. Dab on some eye-popping mascara for that sultry from-under-the-bangs look and add a heart-melting smile to complement your chic haircut with bangs.