15. Midi Haircut with Flipped Up Ends. A medium layered haircut works on women of all ages.
Out of all the hairstyles you could consider, medium hairstyles for women are probably the best because of their versatility. Not only do they work for every single face shape from round and oval to heart-shaped and square, but they suit all hair types as well, including thin and thick hair.
These are the 50 most gorgeous medium length hairstyles for women you’ll want to try!
1. Medium Cut for Round Faces. Women with round faces will appreciate the way a medium haircut with bangs and angled layers elongates and slims down the face.
2. Collarbone Messy Inverted Cut. The partial balayage refreshes the angled bob making for the best bed head look for medium hair.
3. Ombre Shag with a Middle Part. Shags will always be in style as they give volume and dimension to the hair if chosen right. This is also the reason why medium haircuts work well for virtually anyone. Add a twist with the ombre technique and spice up the overall style!
4. Medium Hairstyle for Blondes. The prettiest blonde hairstyles are for shoulder-length hair. Frosted blonde hair colors like hers would look a bit icky outside a medium cut. Longer – and it looks weird, shorter – and it may take an unwanted edgy turn.
5. Piece-y Hairstyle with Curtain Bangs. Rock one of the simplest and classiest medium-length hairstyles out there! The piece-y cut fits any gathering and aesthetic, whether formal or casual. You can add some highlights and lowlights and play with the shades you are comfortable with.
6. Choppy Wavy Lob. Looking for a fun but not overly crazy shoulder-length short hairstyle? Then go for a choppy elongated bob! It’s one of the medium haircuts for women that enhance texture, especially in combination with highlights. Add some waves for a fuller, more voluminous look.
7. Shaggy Cut with Curtain Bangs. To make a shoulder-length haircut for women even cuter, give it some easy shaggy waves. Trendy!
8. Straight Blonde Lob. Want to exude elegance and grace? Then this straight lob is perfect for you. The sleek lob is one of the greatest medium-length haircuts that’ll make you look effortlessly chic, anytime, anywhere. Besides, it gives you space to experiment with hairdos and styling options.
9. Voluminous Curly Messy Shag. Do you think that medium haircuts for women are boring? The messy side-parted bob with curls is the best way to get the most memorable look of the night! This is one of the coolest medium-length hairstyles for women who enjoy being in the spotlight.
10. Shoulder-Length Centre-Parted Hair. Start the new year off with a new look. The freshly snipped shoulder-length hairstyle with a center part is understatedly pretty.
11. Poker-Straight Piece-y Shag. Shaggy haircuts with thinned out bottoms are popular for their edgy modern vibe.
12. Textured Blonde Lob with Shadow Roots. The lob remains one of the top picks among modern medium length haircuts for women. Pair it with shadow roots so you don’t get concerned when your hair grows longer.
13. Medium-Length Brunette Hair. After slicing your dark hair down to medium length, paint on a balayage in a fitting color to spice up the beauty of your hair. Golden brown highlights or deeper blonde highlights are nice options for brunettes with a medium haircut.
14. Long Bob with Highlights and Lowlights. Medium hair styles with a caramel balayage are very popular. This incredible shaggy lob makes the shoulder-length hair look naturally sun-kissed. Besides, it is rather low-maintenance since the roots don’t grow out noticeably. Add layers to make it more personalized.
15. Midi Haircut with Flipped Up Ends. A medium layered haircut works on women of all ages.
16. Soft Swoopy Layers. Medium hairstyles for women are gorgeous in blowouts where you can show off the flow of your layers and color transition.
17. Choppy Layers and Curtain Bangs. We definitely recommend considering mid-length haircuts with bangs. You’ll be surprised how these hairstyles for medium-length hair can change your mood completely! Choppy layers with curtain bangs will make you feel like you are sixteen again, and the whole world is your oyster!
18. Edgy Lob. Cutting a few inches off your hair is by no means the same that cutting down on the chic and beauty of your hairstyle. A medium haircut can be as laid-back or as edgy as you want it. There are really no rules.
19. Neck-Length Lob with Swoopy Bangs. A lob hairstyle is one hairstyle for medium hair that most women readily say yes to. The extra length contributes movement and style to the classic elegance of bob haircuts. Details such as swoopy layers and front highlights make your lob even more graceful.
20. Choppy Layers with Highlights. The shoulder-length hair cut with defined layers has a beautiful texture and looks voluminous even without styling. Besides, highlights add a romantic touch to the look.
21. Ash Blonde Wavy Hairstyle for Medium Hair. The ash blonde tousled hair is one of the bolder medium length hairstyles for women. It complements anyone’s skin tone and can easily be paired with any of the trendiest mid-length haircuts.
22. Midi Shag with Curtain Bangs. Medium haircuts for women pair with curtain bangs beautifully and work especially well for ladies with round faces. Add balayage highlights close to your natural tone for a refreshing look!
23. Choppy Feathered Lob with Balayage. Adding feathered texture to hairstyles for medium length hair has been popularized back in the 70s. But it’s the technique that is still in high demand. Experiment with trendy hair colors for a spectacular effect.
24. Medium Length Piece-y Haircut. A piece-y cut is sought-after because of the tousled yet elegant look it creates. Combine your medium haircut with a subtle balayage, and you’ll look fabulous wherever you go.
25. Medium Length Style with Feathered Layers. Do you like medium short haircuts but prefer the hair away from your face? This cut with flipped up layers is best for you! Inject a few bronze highlights, and you’ll look polished and stunning!
26. Shoulder-Length Bronde Shag. Graduated haircuts are suitable for short, long, and mid length hair. They frame the face just right, and you can style them whichever way you want! You can even integrate lowlights and highlights for a trendy and sophisticated look.
27. Layered Cut with a Middle Part. Layered medium haircuts hardly ever lack volume or texture. So, even if you don’t have time to style your locks in the morning, you can count on their natural bounce and glow to do the work – simply add a middle part.
28. Shaggy Mid-Length Cut. Messy medium-length hairstyles are fun, attractive, and give space for experiments. So, whether you decide to add waves, highlights, or curtain bangs, you won’t regret it!
29. Raven Black Retro Lob. Combed over and layered at the ends, this raven black medium-length hairstyle for women is fascinating in many ways. The flips give this lob a retro feel.
30. Cute Messy Layered Midi Cut. If you have medium-length hair, try curling it and adding wavy face-framing bangs! It’s perfect for a romantic date or summer walk along the coast. Babylights provide an illusion of dimension for any cut.
31. Straight Angled Cut. The straight medium bob is a perfect hairstyle if you like to wear your hair down and enjoy its movement.
32. Tousled Layers and Shadow Roots. This female style is among our favorite medium haircuts. Inventive and chic yet low-maintenance – you will definitely love it as well!
33. Shattered Piece-y Shag. If you have fine or thin hair, it will gain volume and texture with a shaggy lob featuring lots of messy layers up top.
34. Beachy Waves. If your hair has a natural wave, try to air dry it without combing. These messy waves seem to be styled by the sea breeze.
35. Voluminous Shoulder-Length Cut. The swoopy layers of the cut make the hair appear more voluminous than it actually is. Try it for your shoulder-length hair, and you’re good to go anywhere, to any event.
36. Mid-Length Haircut with Bangs. Pairing your medium hairstyle with fitting bangs is a wonderful way to style shoulder-length hair. Straight-cut bangs, side-swept, middle part bangs, and curtains bangs all make great accompaniments for medium hairstyles.
37. Side-Parted Bangs. For a medium-length hairstyle, longer bangs are very flattering. The fringes that flow past the eyes to graze the cheeks or even the chin and parted to frame your face do look really stunning on all hair shades.
38. Messy Medium Hair with Highlights. A touch of color, be it highlights or ombre, adds a magnetic pull of attraction to your medium hairstyles. Ravishingly gorgeous hair like this makes you begin to understand why dyed medium haircuts are so popular among female celebs.
39. Cut with Swoopy Layers. With only two levels of layers that lie where you want them to, this cut is easy and stylish!
40. Long Curtain Bangs. See how enthralling these face-cupping lengthy bangs are? That’s what we are talking about. Long curtain bangs are a perfect match to medium haircuts for women. The parted bangs allow a sneak view of her adorable face, giving her a look that is both angelic and alluring.
41. Straight Shoulder-Length Hair. In search of medium hairstyles for women but don’t know which one to choose? Textured straight shoulder-length hair flatters every face shape, looks casual, and is extremely easy to style.
42. Medium Haircuts for Women with Thick Hair. Got thick hair? Then you have one more reason to go for a shoulder-length haircut. You’ll walk away from the salon with a huge smile of relief on your face. More manageable, more textured, and more fabulous hair.
43. Mid-Length Wavy Shattered Hair. Lived-in hair is a thing and you can get it with a wavy mid-length cut brightened up by subtle highlights.
44. Two-Tier Cut with Angled Layers. To get a chic office-friendly look, go heavy on layering and keep your hair straight and smooth.
45. Shoulder-Length Mermaid Hair. The delicious toasted coconut balayage for wavy tresses equals mermaid hair!
46. Classic Straight Lob. How about chic and classy long bobs? Medium hairstyles for women that have stood the test of time and trends and continue to be a favorite. This sleek and polished lob is elegant, chic, and youthful.
47. Fuzzy Medium Hairstyle. Flat-ironed to sleekness or ruffled into fuzzy bedhead hair, mid-length haircuts can be styled just to your exact taste. Of course, highlights will always make your hair dazzle. Remember to add some.
48. Inverted Hairstyle with Bents. If you have a round face, opt for an inverted shaggy lob with bent waves. The longer length and angled shape with sharp ends will easily slim you down without a diet.
49. Collarbone-Length Thick Hair. The mix of brown and blonde shows off the silky smooth waves of the shoulder-length haircut for thick hair.
50. Layered Cut with a Side Part. The no-fuss blonde layered medium cut with its simple side part is your new best friend!
From red carpets to magazines, you’ll be seeing these medium hairstyles for women everywhere! Young and older, we’ll all look beautiful when slaying these timeless looks.