30 Quick Weave Hairstyles to Protect Your Natural Hair and Look Stunning
A quick weave is the best friend of African-American girls looking for a protective hairstyle that neither costs a fortune to install nor takes a whole day to arrive at. That said, quick weave hairstyles are no less diverse than sew-ins, buns, or braids, and you can even play with updos and half-up coifs if you need something really elaborate for a special occasion.
What Is a Quick Weave Hairstyle?
So, what is a quick weave? Unlike sew-ins, which are inserted directly into braided hair, this hairstyle involves using a special cap atop to which hair extensions are glued. The extensions come in tracks that can be cut to cover a portion of the cap instead of tediously weaving hair pieces into the braids one by one. Also, extensions can be attached directly to the hair with a special gel.
The Pros of Quick Weaves
Some of the quick weaves` perks are the following:
– They are quite low-budget (around $100).
– They are easy to care for.
– Quick installation (1-2 hours).
– You can buy all you need for quick weaves online, and even do them yourself following available video tutorials.
The Cons and Side Effects of Quick Weaves
Some of the drawbacks of quick weaves are:
– Last not long (around a month).
– Some of the glue can dry out your hair or even damage it if applied improperly.
You will find more information about quick weaves in the Q&A section at the end of the article.
The 30 Trendiest Quick Weave Hairstyles 2022
Scroll through our collection to see fabulous results of quick weave installation.
1. Effortless Waves with a Center Part. If your front pieces are not pixie-short, you can embrace quick weave styles with a center parting by leaving your natural hair out and then blending it with extensions.
2. Combed-Over Quick Weave Bob. This stunning style adds a dramatic lift to the crown and a cascade of large curls along with asymmetry, which is an attention-grabber on its own.
3. Golden Blonde Side-Swept Waves. Although black quick weave hairstyles are simple and, thus, more frequent options, nothing should prevent you from incorporating blonde into your extensions.
4. Natural-Looking Hair with a Braided Detail. Quick weaves don’t need to look glossy and polished, and you can leverage braiding to camouflage the transition between your hair and extensions.
5. High-Contrast Long Locks. Long hair quick weave hairstyles may look dull without any pops of color throughout the length, which is, obviously, not the case with this striking color scheme.
6. Bright Golden Pixie with Feathers. Yes, short quick weave styles include pixie cuts, and we cannot imagine something more head-turning than this amazing combo of blunt edges and choppy layers enhanced by the color.
7. Cute Rounded Bob with a Zing. A creative approach to styling baby hairs turns this otherwise regular quick weave with leave out into a statement hairstyle oozing passion and personality.
8. Mesmerizing Waves with Sleek Edges. The best hair for quick weave styles like this one is the body wave texture, human or synthetic, yet coarse enough to hold the pattern.
9. Burgundy Pixie Cut Quick Weave. While feathered ends bring movement and texture to this beautifully shaped haircut, the splashes of red add even more depth and vibrancy to it.
10. Curly Multicolor Quick Weave. This style shines with color transitions, but the girl has taken it a step further by getting the bottom part handsomely emphasized with large bouncy curls.
11. Voluminous Curly Quick Weave. This hairstyle will look totally natural on a woman of African descent while giving her the desired length, dimension, and a well-defined pattern to play with.
12. Lob-Inspired Quick Weave with Bangs. Quick weave hairdos pair well with long bangs, and you can make your fringe a central piece of the style with some layering, feathering, and styling.
13. Blunt Asymmetrical Bob. What do you need for a quick weave to stand out? Just a bit of asymmetry around the face and a nice baby hair accent to strike the eye.
14. Dark Waves with Shiny Highlights. Introducing some shimmering golden highlights into your weave hair illuminates the look and shows how to do a quick weave so that it feels natural.
15. Quick Weave Balayage with Loose Curls. This style proves that a quick weave can accommodate a balayage breezily, this time spreading the color from top to bottom.
16. Long Pixie with a Faux Mohawk. If you are inspired by quick weave mohawks yet not ready to go too short, this fun and sassy curly style will suit you best.
17. Sleek and Straight Quick Weave. Clean lines and a perfectly polished finish make this blunt bob look absolutely sassy but you can also arrive at a flawless invisible part by using tiny tracks glued with a little space between them.
18. Quick Weave with Feed-In Braids. When you have already learned how to do a quick weave with leave out, it’s time to move further and style your leave out into cool braids.
19. Caramel Quick Weave with a Middle Part. Those who don’t mind paying extra bucks for perfection can opt for a lace frontal to create a natural-looking hairline with a middle part.
20. Blunt Asymmetric Bob with Baby Hair. This is a good example of how to do a quick weave bob with some flair — a stark drop in the length and blunt ends balanced by three tiers of curves.
21. Black Locks with Blonde Highlights. We love high-contrast blends on African American ladies, and large loose curls fit into the style nicely.
22. Polished Bob with Textured Ends. Feathered ends are your go-to option when you want to add texture to a basically unlayered cut.
23. Gorgeous Half-Up Half-Down Quick Weave. This sky-high quick weave ponytail combined with soft and silky loose waves is both playful and glamorous, not to mention its authentic feel.
24. Blunt Bob Quick Weave with No Leave Out. This shiny bob demonstrates another way to own a center part with no leave-out hair — just ask to install a closure piece instead.
25. Asymmetric Bob with Pink Highlights. Girls with dark skin tones can pull off purple and violet without worries, so don’t hesitate to put a strip of some vibrant shade into your quick weave style.
26. Shoulder-Length Quick Weave with a Blue Money Piece. This daring girl shows how to do a curly quick weave with a twist by emphasizing those face-framing pieces with an electric shade of blue.
27. Frontal Quick Weave with a Pony. Lace frontals expand your styling opportunities greatly, so you can construct sophisticated and simple hairdos for special occasions and regular wear.
28. Smooth A-Line Bob with Accent Highlights. The blonde highlights are strategically placed only on one side to brighten up the face and accentuate the longer section of the cut.
29. Side Part Quick Weave with Tight Curls. When you need to infuse volume and bounce into your hairstyle, nothing works better than masterful layering that gives the curls the necessary movement.
30. No-Frills Collarbone Bob. Actually, blunt quick weave bobs made with quality hair extensions look stylish and shiny even without bells and whistles.
Frequently Asked Questions About a Quick Weave
Let’s answer some of the questions about quick weaves you may still have.
How long does a quick weave last? Quick weaves last around a month.
What do you need for a quick weave? You will need hair extensions, a protective wig cap, a special hair glue, a blow dryer, a good pair of scissors, and possibly some hair clips and hair ties for more comfort.
What is a quick weave cap? It is a cap that you put on your natural hair to protect it from glue and to which you will attach rows of strands. Sometimes there are two caps for more protection.
What is the best hair for a quick weave? You can take straight or curly hair, human or synthetic weaves. Most often, women choose low-budget options as they don’t last long. If you choose human hair, ask your hairstylist if you can reuse it one more time.
How many bundles do you need for a quick weave? You will need 2-4 bundles depending on the length of hair. If it’s 8-12″, two may be enough, if it is more than 20″, you will need 4 bundles.
How to do a quick weave? First, you need to prep your hair, braid it or use a special molding gel to sleek it back and keep it under a wig cap. Your side part or center part can be left untouched (it is called ‘the leave-out’). Cover your hair with a protective wig cap. Mark the leave-out on your wig cap. Don’t add hair extensions too close to it. Dry your hair and wig cap (either blow-dry it or air-dry). You can’t install hair on wet strands or a wet cap. Attach hair extensions with the help of glue (from the back of your head). Dry every section of hair before applying a new row. When done, cut that part of the wig cap where you want to let out your leave out part of the hair. Straighten your leave-out, style the baby hair and the whole look how you want it.
How to do a quick weave with leave-out? Check out the tutorial if you need step-by-step instructions.
How to do a quick weave ponytail step by step? If you need a guide, check out this video.
How long does a quick weave take? Quick weaves take an hour or two, depending on the skills of your hairstylist (or your skills if you are doing them yourself).
How to take a quick weave out? There are special glue removers. Although, other ways exist too.
How to remove a quick weave without a glue remover? To remove quick weaves without a glue remover, you will need either a conditioner or hair oil. Apply the hair product onto your hair and weaves near the roots, rub a bit, and take out the strands one by one. Some hairdressers make quick weaves that can be taken out with water only.
How to remove a quick weave cap? Firstly, you can use a glue remover. Secondly, you can remove the weave cap with a conditioner as described above.
How to prevent a quick weave from itching? If the sensitive scalp is the reason, the itchiness will stop in a few days. Sometimes the braids are plaited too tight. However, you can suffer from an allergic reaction, dandruff, psoriasis, or other medical conditions too. If itchiness doesn’t stop in a few days and becomes really bad, you will have to take the weave off.
How much does a quick weave cost? It depends on the area and hairstylist, but you can even find a price around $60-$100.
How to sleep with a quick weave? You can wrap a quick weave to make it last longer.
Can you wet and wash a quick weave? Yes, you can wet and even wash your quick weave hairstyle, but do this very gently, without drenching too much. Also, avoid using oil-based products on it. Apply and bubble shampoo very gently, without scratching the cap and pulling the strands out. The leave-out can be washed as usual.
Can you swim with quick weaves? Better not. Chemicals in the pool and sea salt water can damage the glue bonds.
Now, that we have run through Insta-worthy quick weave hairstyles 2022, are you ready to take the plunge and try on one of the above options? Keep in mind that you can customize quick weave hairstyles through color, texture, layering, and even installation methods, so make sure to use all the opportunities. Good luck with your endeavors!