40 Sew In Hairstyles for a Beautiful Transformation
Have you ever heard of sew in hairstyles? Sew-ins are popular among women who want to have that long silky hair with little to no effort! How? Find out in this article while checking out our 40 trending looks with sew in extensions and reading a short Q&A about sewins.
First things first. Here are some of the most common questions about sew in styles:
What is a sew in? Sew in hair starts with your strands braided into cornrows. After that, hair extensions are sewn to these cornrows with a special needle and thread.
How much does sew in cost? The cost of a sew-in will depend on many factors. Such as where you live and how talented your stylist is. On average, a visit alone can range from $100 to $600, excluding the extensions.
Are sew-ins bad for your hair? If the sew-in is properly installed and cared for, it will not damage your natural hair. Moreover, it is even believed that sew-ins are protective for your hair.
What’s the difference between a weave and a sew in? The word “weave” has a more general meaning. A hair weave is artificial or human hair that can be attached to one’s natural hair with the help of braiding, gluing, or sewing. The glue in quick weave mainly differs from sew in weave in terms of cost. Adhesives used in glue-ins are generally inexpensive, while those who want to have sew in extensions prefer to have them professionally installed.
How long does a sew last? Sew-ins typically last 6 to 12 weeks. The amount of time they last depends on how well the hairstylist did their job and how they were taken care of.
Can sew ins grow your hair? Yes, this is because sew-ins allow your natural hair to grow while also protecting it with extensions.
How long does a sew-in take to install? Depending on your hair texture, length, and style you want, the sew-in installation can take around 3 to 6 hours.
How many bundles do you need? This depends on how much hair you want. For example, a full sew-in generally requires 3 bundles, while a partial sew in needs 2.
Why can sew in itch so bad? Hair follicles become inflamed if the braiding or sewing is too tight, or the post-salon hair care is improper.
How are sew ins taken out? You just need to feel for the threads connecting the tracks in your hair and cut them with scissors, or visit a professional.
40 Best Sew In Hairstyles
Here are 40 ideas to inspire you for a style transformation. Perhaps, you can choose a hairdo to discover a new version of yourself through style!
1. Sleek Side Part Bob Sew In. It’s one of the sew in bob hairstyles fit for any event, be it casual or formal.
2. Extravagant Waves Sew In. Popular among sew in styles, the elegant black curly weave will help you channel your inner goddess.
3. Braids and Ringlets Sew In. This is one of the hairstyle ideas for the leave-out method. Get goddess braids and bouncy ringlets for a high-fashion look.
4. Ebony Curls and Swoopy Bangs. Tune your sexy vibe up with shiny ebony curls and dashing swoopy bangs.
5. Long Middle Part Sew In. Middle part hairstyles work best for oblong faces to make them seem rounder and give them a softer look.
6. Deep Side Part Sew In. Get a deep side part if you have a round face to visually elongate it. This style also highlights your cheekbones.
7. Long Side Part Sew In. If you’re particularly interested in asymmetrical hairstyles, get a side part sew in!
8. Straight Sew In. Look sophisticated and glamorous with sew in hairstyles for straight hair. This hairdo is best for fuller face shapes.
9. Black Sew In with Highlights. Introduce a lighter tone to set off the darker curls underneath. Pick from endless shades and combinations and rock your fashion-forward hairstyle!
10. Side-Parted Layered Sew In. Go all-in with these splendid sew in waves. Get voluminous curls and dramatic long side bangs to match.
11. Sew In No Leave Out. The no leave out method protects your hair by sewing all of it under the wefts. The result looks amazing!
12. Sleek Sew In Bob. A middle part sew in in the shape of a straight bob like hers is work-appropriate and also suitable for a date night. With a good Kim K closure, you get sleek, smooth, and polished hair. All you need is a nice outfit and stilettos to perfect the elegant lady look.
13. Vixen Sew In Styles. A vixen sew in style allows you to style your hair in many ways. The messy touch and face-framing strands lend a lovely au naturale feel to this sew in hairstyle. A sew in weave with some matching highlights, such as golden brown highlights on brunette hair, helps to keep artificial hair classy and natural-looking.
14. Bright Long Middle Part Sew In. Center-parted sew in hair looks fascinating on black beauties. You can keep the parting flat or a little lifted for a fresh twist. Fire up the vibes with a traffic-stopping hair color like this lemon-and-lime balayage.
15. Barbie Sew In Hairstyle. Achieve that black Barbie look with long flowy hair, a side part, and full lashes. Select your hair extensions in a vibrant shade that is in contrast to your skin tone to maximize the glamor. A full frontal closure is best for this type of sew ins.
16. Sew In with Leave Out. With sew in styles, you can use extensions to make up for whatever is lacking in your hair department. Whip out a fabulous-looking high pony like this curly ponytail hairstyle. Your natural hair will be used to seal up the outside, making your sew in ponytail look almost natural. Add in some flair with side-swept bangs and baby hair.
17. Wet Waves and Bantu Knots. Recreate this hip-hop goddess look with long wavy sew-in hair. A vixen sew-in makes it possible to part your hair right to the scalp and create those two cute Bantu knots. Let the rest of the hair flow down freely.
18. Curled Side-Parted Sew In. One useful tip to achieving good-looking sew in hairstyles is selecting a quality closure with color and texture similar to your real hair. Check out the frontal closure of her gorgeous long body wave hair. Nuff said. Meanwhile, those sassy peekaboo bangs are fire.
19. Colorful Weave Hair. Sew in styles are versatile, not only in the variety of styles available but also in the array of colors at your disposal. You can be spotting a neon red sew in weave this week and ebony black hair the next week. No limitations. No worries about hair damage. Appear as sensational as you want, colorful hair never fails to dazzle.
20. Side Part Sew In with Leave Out. You can have it the way you want it. You want it edgy and “in your face” noticeable, sew in hairstyles have got ‘ur back. Do you want it cool and natural like the style below? Easy thing. Her hair is just the right length and color to make anyone believe it’s her natural hair. Covering the parting with her own hair enhances the illusion.
21. Beachy Waves with Half-Up Ponytail. A full sew in gives you an opportunity to style your hair in several ways. You can let it fall all back, pack it up in a high bun or ponytail, or wear it in the trendy half up half down style like this one. Put the ponytail at the crown and leave the rest of your hair hanging loose.
22. Sleek Middle Part Bob. You don’t have to use frontals or closures to seal off your parting if you don’t fancy them. Your stylist can leave out some hair at the parting or edges, depending on your sew in style. The leave out may not be long or full. Just enough to brush over the parting and blend with the hair extension.
23. Classy Flirty Peekaboo Style. Talk of a stunner and this curly sew in hairstyle promptly answers. The ridged edges and face-veiling swoopy bangs add a funky edge to this style. Absolutely ok for the lovers of attention-arresting hairstyles.
24. Shiny Sew In Style with Swoopy Waves. Creativity is the secret potion for stunning sew in hair. Her stylist really knows their way around the business. Pulling one half of the hair all-back and styling the other half into a statement swoop means professionalism. The style shows off the bouncy, full-bodied waves to full advantage.
25. Sew In Ponytail with Full Bangs. Create a sassy Japanese babe look with a sew in hairstyle. The high curled ponytail speaks for itself. Allow the bangs to drop down to your eyes to give them a sexy, smokey appearance.
26. Professional Straight Hair Sew In Hairstyle. Straight weave hair is also good for creating a ponytail hairstyle. Looks like a Korean hairstyle especially when paired with Asian bangs. Seems a straight weave ponytail lends a chicer and more youthful mien. Our personal verdict though.
27. Sew In Hair with Full Frontal Closure. Closures help to make sew-ins appear more natural. A full frontal like this one can make any sew in hair look on fleek. Some frontal closures even come with fringes you can use to lay your edges in any style of your choice.
28. Curly Sew In Hairstyle. Curly hair extensions, especially dark and shoulder-length ones, look almost like natural hair on afro babes. When some leave outs are used at the parting, it’s the real McCoy.
29. Colored Short Bob. Some people complain that short bob hairstyles look a little bit too formal and professional. Not likely to be their first choice since they like their hair fun and edgy. C’mon sister, have you seen a red sew-in bob on a black girl? One of the cutest and edgiest hairstyles ever. Choose your weave in any radiant shade that complements your complexion.
30. Bangs on Straight Sew In Hair. What can you do to jazz up boring straight sew in hair? Turn up the excitement dial to 11 with some eye-grazing bangs. The neat curve of these piece-y bangs against the sleek curtain of straight hair looks so cute and captivating.
31. Sew In Straight High Ponytail. Sew in ponytails are never out of style. It is always the choice for black models at beauty pageants. The reason is it sweeps your hair back thus accentuating your beautiful facial features. Sleek and straight ponytails are exceptionally elegant-looking on girls with darker skin tones.
32. Two-Tone Sew In. The warm bronde blend complements warm skin tones, while the black roots make your hair grow out beautifully.
33. Half Up Half Down Sew In. Ooze a fun and flirty vibe with a half-up half-down hairdo while showing off your impressive extensions.
34. Short Blonde Sew In Bob. This middle part bob sew in looks terrific in a solid blonde color. Show off an effortless and chic look with this hairstyle.
35. Braidless Sew In. Are you more into loose hair rather than braids? Then you will definitely love this braidless sew in!
36. Spiral Curls Sew In. This curly hair sew in looks like natural ringlet curls and gives your hair volume and dimension. Spiral curls are best for those who have feminine faces.
37. Sew In with Caramel Highlights. Be a cut above the rest with caramel highlights that are great for olive skin.
38. Bright Blonde Wavy Sew In. This weave offers you a variety of styles you can try out. Look at this epic wavy blonde style!
39. Sophisticated Curls Sew In. Pick extensions that can sharpen your jawline and enhance your cheekbones, such as those polished layered curls.
40. Sew In with Highlights. Get a subtle balayage look by blending a few lighter browns into your natural hair color for an interesting look.
Ready for a sew in style? Hopefully, these ideas have inspired you for a change! Trendy sew in hairstyles can quickly deliver you the look of your dream.