2. White Hair Over 60. White pixies with undercuts will always look stylish on older women.
You may be getting older, but your hairstyle can remain timeless. Check out these 50 beautiful hairstyles for women over 60.
When you’re growing older your haircut should stay young and current – short haircuts for women over 60 are getting more elegant and sophisticated every year. With more hairstylists joining the field daily, there are tons of new hair ideas generated which means there’s definitely something out there to fit your needs and preferences.
Check out these 50 beautiful hairstyles for women over 60.
1. Short Feathered Cut. For women with fine hair, thicken up your piece-y layers with hair curlers or some texturizing spray.
2. White Hair Over 60. White pixies with undercuts will always look stylish on older women.
3. Pixie Haircut with Highlights. Getting highlighted feathers will spice up your hairstyle and your overall look, so have no fear and go experiment with your hair color!
4. Short Gray Hair for Women over 60. This hairstyle is very elegant and graceful, making any woman look classy and young. Use purple shampoo to keep your natural gray brass-free and get side-swept bangs – and voilà! Compliments guaranteed.
5. Classic Stacked Bob Cut. Bob cuts will always be included into the list of the best short hairstyles for women over 60 for their versatility and timelessness. The bob cut is convenient and feminine. Add bangs and color for a complete re-styling and turn heads wherever you go!
6. Cropped Pixie with Layers. Picking short haircuts for women over 60 can go as far as selecting an ultra-short pixie. Why not? Pixie cuts have always been a favorite when it comes to total makeovers, so start yours now!
7. Bouncy Cut with Thin Bangs. Want to try some cute bangs but don’t want anything drastic? Thin, piecey bangs are easily arranged to stay where you want them.
8. Feathered Tapered Pixie Cut. This is one of the most popular short haircuts for women over 60 as it’s very stylish and, thanks to its tapered shape, it’ll make you look taller.
9. Wispy Short Silver Hair. If you want hassle-free hair, then this one’s for you! Especially flattering to those with fine hair, these silver wisps create an illusion of volume and make your hair appear fluffier.
10. Short Top Long Sides. Very short cuts with longer sides are a great chic option if you’re 60 and older and looking for an elegant style.
11. Wavy Pixie Haircuts for Over 60. A pixie hairstyle suits women with all hair types and all hair textures. For thinner hair, waves work perfectly as they deliver more volume and dimension to the haircut.
12. Extra-Short Blonde Pixie. Not every woman is willing to rock silver hair. If you are more into warm hair colors, consider dyeing your hair blonde! The short pixie is definitely one of the best short hairstyles for fine hair over 60.
13. Short Shaggy Haircuts for Over 60. Who says that you can’t play with your hairstyle just because you are 60+? Your wild days are not gone! Freshen up your look and get the 70s back by rocking a shaggy pixie cut.
14. Pixie with Pointy Sideburns. Pointed sides at the ears make for cute details on short haircuts for women over 60.
15. Lavender-Gray Spiky Haircut. Lavender looks so good on older ladies and goes well with short spiky haircuts for over 60. This piece-y hairdo brings a lot of texture and dimension to your locks.
16. Layered Short Gray Hair with Side-Swept Bangs. This tapered pixie version has many short layers to produce movement and texture, but it remains soft throughout the perimeter, including the neat bangs.
17. Fine Hair with Bangs. Ladies over 60 years old with fine hair may try a parted pixie haircut with minimal bang action.
18. Messy Bangs. A short messy cut with bangs will always be cute and it’s a style you can rock whether you’re young or 60 plus!
19. Creamy Blond Bob with a Layered Fringe. While many short haircuts for women over 60 are choppy from top to bottom, this sassy bob is pretty blunt at the ends yet textured and volumized in the mid-length.
20. Salt-and-Pepper Curly Hair. If you’re looking for youthful short hairstyles for women over 60 with glasses, a curly pixie could be your go-to hairdo. The well-defined curls will make you look really fresh and young, even if you don’t dye your hair a crazy color.
21. Short Spiky Cut with Shadow Roots. Apart from stunning texture and volume, this daring style boasts plenty of depth created with a darker color at the roots, which is a nice body-adding trick.
22. Choppy Feathered Pixie Hairstyle. Pixies are common short hairstyles for women over 60 because they are very easy to style and don’t need any special maintenance. Besides, a pixie cut is great for thin hair. Here we also see a very interesting “patchy” frosted highlighting technique.
23. Layered Cut with Long Sides. For a different take on the pixie haircut, try having longer sides and longer layered locks on the crown rather than a cropped top.
24. Curly Hair with Undercut. Turning 60 and want something really different? Try a salt-and-pepper undercut topped with tousled layered curls.
25. Light Blonde Pixie with Piece-y Face Framing. Some short hairstyles for women over 60 seem bold since they open up your face completely, but this cut gives you a safety blanket with long pieces all around the front.
26. Silver Pixie Bob with Lowlights. For those who are into a bit longer hair than pixies, pixie-bobs and short bobs for women over 60 would be an excellent choice. Add lowlights to your natural gray for more texture.
27. Pixie Bob Haircut with Sideburns. Sideburns make your face visually thinner and lend some special charm to your whole look. A great option for fine straight hair.
28. Piece-y Haircut Over 60. Short hairstyles for fine hair over 60 look even better when you upgrade them with delicious colors, such as this golden blonde with babylights.
29. Straight Cropped Pixie. Pixies are your best option when it comes to short hair over 60. Spend less time styling with a low-maintenance haircut.
30. Undercut with Highlighted Top. Play up your gray hair with a shiny silver top set off by naturally colored undercut.
31. Short Cut with Body. The short feathered cut with teased roots and babylights provides a voluminous hairstyle flattering for most women.
32. Big Short Hair for Women Over 60. This is the volume and movement ladies with thin hair can get just by asking for a longer pixie and styling it up and back.
33. Short Shaggy Blonde Cut. Not only does this style direct attention to the eyes and sharpens the cheekbones, but it also creates nice fullness in the front.
34. Gray Short Hair. Older women tend to color their hair as they age, but why not embrace your elegant gray color with a cute pixie?
35. Spiky Crop for Older Women. Make your spiky pixie haircut pop with an all-over bold color.
36. Golden Blond Hair with Piece-y Texture. This long pixie is full of layers accentuated with thinned-out ends and highlights to deliver both volume and texture.
37. Inverted Bob in Honey Blonde. Great volume at the crown and enhanced fullness around the face are only a few reasons for choosing inverted short bobs for women over 60.
38. Soft Piece-y Short Hair. Women in their 60s will find it easy to liven up gray blonde hair with a hint of pastel pink.
39. Soft Stacked Cut for Silver Hair. If you are looking for older short hairstyles for fine hair over 60, this cut can work for you since it creates a fuller crown with stacking and adds texture with the help of sliced ends.
40. Lifted Hair with Slicked Back Sides. This heavily-layered cut features feathered ends all around which lets it feel absolutely airy while encouraging lift at the top.
41. Mushroom Brown Bob with Hair Flip. Hair experts often recommend wavy short hairstyles for fine hair over 60 since they add dimension and bounce, and this is how you can bring out your natural movement with layers and flipped-up ends.
42. Two-Tone Graduated Bob. This cut combines hair stacked in the back with a fairly darker color to make the upper part feel even more elevated with no extra layering.
43. Short Crop with Undercut. Pixies with short temples and nape are great hairstyles for women 60 and up with a round face because undercuts can slim down the face and make you look younger.
44. Elegant Salt-and-Pepper Pixie with Wispy Bangs. Here is a cool example of a mature lady embracing her natural graying with the help of dark gray lowlights blended with her beautiful silver.
45. Messy Pixie with Two Shades of Blonde. In the hunt for short hairstyles for ladies over 60 with glasses? This fun crop opens the face for oversized frames while retaining oomph and texture.
46. Chic Bob with Deep Bangs and Face-Framing Layers. We like how this short bob hugs the face, softening its contour and amps up the volume at the crown, leaving enough body in the front.
47. Straight Hair with a Middle Part. Are you an older woman with thin or fine straight hair? You’ll love a simple short hairstyle parted in the middle.
48. Playful Tousled Pixie Cut. Actually, you can blow dry this long pixie to get a much smoother look, but it will remain gorgeously textured and low-maintenance anyway.
49. Chunky Bixie with Dramatic Coloring. This silver fox hairstyle comes with two killer combos: it pairs the choppiness of a pixie with the length and shape of a bob while also mixing gray and silver.
50. Effortless Pixie with Short Bangs. Although this cut has no bells and whistles, it is flatteringly shaped, handsomely textured, nicely volumized, and easy to style even without a blow-dryer at hand.
Hopefully, you feel a little better about the abundance of options you have in short haircuts for women over 60. The nice thing about short hair is low-maintenance and freedom to transform into another style in a short time.