40 Coolest Undercut Hairstyles for Women to Show Your Stylist Stat
Undercuts for women have been at the top of ladies’ favorite styles for quite some time now. You can do a hidden side shave, a creative pattern in the back, or play with layers and asymmetry. Choose your own way to show your inner rock star!
What is an undercut? Learn by scrolling through this list of 40 chic women undercut designs.
The undercut is a hairstyle popular among both men and women. This is a haircut with short shaved sides and/or back, and a longer top section.
1. Disconnected Top Knot Undercut. A savior for hot, steamy summer days. Casual yet put together, a style that will go well with your work clothes and an evening dress.
2. Neat Nape Undercut Bun. Wear your hair up most of the time? A nape undercut with fade will compliment your clean updo nicely.
3. Nape V Undercut with Blonde Highlights. This is the one for creative ladies. Here, you don’t just shave a part of your hair in a “V” shape but add highlights and shading using different settings of a clipper.
4. Straight Side Shaved Undercut Bob. Keep it soft with a little highlighting by letting your hair shine in this cool short bob hairstyle. Do add a delicate side shave to freshen up the look.
5. Red Colored Undercut Long Hair Women. A classic for longer haired girls. You can choose yourself whether you want to show off what’s under your mane or switch the parting and cover it for more formal occasions.
6. Pompadour Front and Undercut Back. Another fuss-free styling option for a hot and trendy female undercut. Here you can wear your top hair either as long bangs or style a pompadour with some texturizing spray.
7. “Barely There” Slight Undercut for Women. A nice way to transition from a short bob to a bold undercut style. Keeping most of your hair to one side gives it just the right volume, while the slight undercut shows the edge of your straight hair!
8. Nape Triangle Undercut with Design. An undercut haircut for women who want to add a little secret underneath their usual ‘do. Keep your hair down to hide the design and wear it up for the wow effect.
9. Purple Balayage Long Bob with Undercut. A half-shaved head is a definite head-turner. You could either let your curls flow freely to one side, or add a small braid to accentuate the parting.
10. Contrasting Long Pixie Undercut in Blonde. Play with the traditional pixie cut: add some layers, side bangs, and a deep undercut to show the contrast between pearl blonde strands and your natural roots.
11. Female Undercut Design with Lines. One of the easiest women’s undercut designs that won’t bore you. Slim lines and edgy layers will always look good!
12. Layered Undercut for Thick Hair. If you want to stop worrying about styling an undercut, add some layers to it, and use a texturizing spray to create definition and volume.
13. Undercut Buzz Cut with Blue Highlights. Define the lines between the undercut and your crown hair with a clipper. Thanks to the choppy texture and creative color, you get an outstanding look for short hair.
14. Temple Undercut with a Thick Fringe. A geometrical undercut makes you look flawless from any angle, plus it’s easy to hide when necessary. Use a hairdryer and a round brush to style an undercut if you want the maximum volume for longer hair.
15. Cute Short Curly Undercut. It is no doubt difficult to work with curly hair, but with the proper undercut, you can get amazing definition and volume. Perfect for low-maintenance curly-haired girls.
16. Short Undercut Bob Transition. A soft, delicate, and fresh bowl-like style is a great option for girls wishing to go back to longer hair without awkward in-between hairstyles. Besides, you can’t go wrong with a sharp low fade.
17. Side Swept Undercut with Contouring. Stay true to your feminine side while adding some grunge vibes to your look with an edgy accurate side bang.
18. Geometrical Short Hair Undercut. What else could you wish for in a bold and edgy style? A sharp clippered side shave? Check. A clean undercut and pompadour bangs? Check.
19. Messy Undercut with Babylights. Feel like you’ve walked out of a French rom-com with this messy bowl cut. Highlighted tresses add an extra dimension to the hairstyle and keep it looking fresh.
20. Freehand Design Long Undercut Hairstyle. A great thing about getting this undercut is that you can choose any pattern you want, especially with long hair. Try something creative and decide if you want to show it off or keep it as a surprise.
21. Disconnected Undercut with Lilac Balayage. While sharp disconnected styles can look incredibly bold and fierce, bright lilac and purple shades in loose ringlets definitely create a lovely soft feel around the sharper elements.
22. Mullet Undercut Hairstyle. Go back to those grungy days from the 90s with a stylish choppy cut suitable for both thick and thin locks.
23. Long Hair Undercut with Shaved Lines. What’s good about these cuts is that you can easily hide your undercut by sweeping your hair to the other side or leave it out for all to see. Whether you choose the lines or something more complex, a side shave and long hair is an interesting match.
24. Mohawk Undercut Fade Hairstyle. Faded undercuts are always in style: they are classic and easy to rock. Compliment it with a messy feathered Mohawk and you’re good to go.
25. Black Women Undercut with Zig-Zag. There are enough undercut styles for women with natural hair, but choosing the right one for your curl pattern is key to an awesome look. Try this freehand zig-zag side undercut if you’ve got springy little curls.
26. Platinum Blonde Short Undercut Fade. A Hollywood favorite with a near-invisible fading design will absolutely complement your jawline and sharp cheekbones.
27. Voluminous High Undercut. In case you’re ready to make a statement or need a cool hairstyle to match your edgy wardrobe, this higher than the Eiffel tower cut will perfectly work. Super easy to pull off, especially for thick hair.
28. Nape Undercut Blonde Hair. It’s always nice to add extra layers to bleach blonde hair, as this automatically gives it more dimension and volume. Like here, the darker shaved section sets off the platinum blonde choppy strands.
29. Sharp Undercut Pixie Haircut. Perfect for fine hair, the style is the bolder version of the traditional pixie cut. Here we have pointy tips that you can sculpt yourself in any direction.
30. Asymmetrical Undercut with Long Bangs. If you want the best of both – bob and pixie cut, try this asymmetrical hairstyle. You’ll totally love it! Especially for its waterfall bangs.
31. Black Geometric Shaved Undercut. A short clipper cut complemented with a side undercut is a winning combination. The latter lets the hair be cut with accurate edges, creating interesting geometric shapes and a clean look.
32. Braids with Undercut and a Geometric Design. If you want to protect your natural hair, box braids are the first solution that comes to mind. You may pair them with a side shave and a cool geometry done with a trimmer – and your look gets ten times hotter.
33. Purple Undercut Haircut with a Silver Accent. Various unicorn shades of purple and blue stand out nicely in the textured Mohawk, while the shaved undercut gets an accessory of its own – silver glitter.
34. Short Bob with a Nape Undercut. Play a little and let your hair flow over a clean shaved nape undercut. Finish the look with soft wisps of hair on the sides.
35. Side Part Undercut with Short Lines. A super cute style that will suit girls with longer faces. The parting keeps most of the volume on top, leaving some room for creativity on the sides!
36. Undercut for Older Women. Older ladies tend to avoid undercut designs for women. It’s better to keep it more classic. Any undercut looks bold, even a basic one. With most of the hair close to the face, you get a casual look with just the right amount of volume and texture.
37. Classy Undercut Bob Hairstyle. Not only does this style help you show off your glossy hair, but it also gives you an effortless and well put-together look without too much hassle.
38. Low Undercut for Platinum Blondes. A cute haircut for girls with round faces who also want to cover their foreheads and open their sides. Along with this, such a cute undercut pixie will last for a while and won’t require much maintenance.
39. Edgy Disconnected Undercut Ponytail. If you want to give off some tribal vibes and let everyone know how strong and independent you are, here is your chance! With a distinct parting on both sides and neat geometric lines, you’ll be on top in no time.
40. Long Undercut Dreads. Undercuts and dreads go together like PB and Jelly. There’s so much you can do in terms of undercut designs to go with your dreads, but keeping it traditional is also a good option.
If you’re looking for good undercut hairstyles for women, it’s easy to spend many hours surfing the internet for the perfect cut. We suggest you pick a few of your most favorite undercut ideas and bring them to your stylist – and they know what to do!