Top Fifty Short Haircuts for Women Over 50
Stylists always say that by choosing the right hairstyle, a 50-year-old woman may become 10, or even 15 years younger. At this age, ladies can safely experiment with their images, looking for something unusual. Let’s review the most interesting short hairstyles for women over 50 with photos!
1. African American Curly Hairstyle. Such a cute tapered hairstyle is absolutely relevant for black women. Professionally textured curls in combination with the natural silver hair color create an elegant and chic look. You may certainly add subtle lowlights if you want!
2. Modern Graduated Bob. The bob with graduated layers suits even thin and sparse hair. This versatile haircut refreshes the face and makes the image modern and sexy.
3. Laconic Gray Pixie. The pixie is a wonderful and easy option for straight hair. In addition, this rejuvenating short haircut will go good with elegant facial features and a slim figure.
4. Blonde Layered Bob. It’s convenient to cover with feathered strands the parts you want to hide from prying eyes – for example, some wrinkles on the forehead and on the neck.
5. Long Copper Pixie Cut. A pixie cut on short to medium hair creates a beautiful shape. For this color use copper shades that are close to natural ones (copper-light-brown or copper-brown), without any red-burgundy pigments.
6. Textured Bob for Thick Hair. A gorgeous option for mature ladies – it allows creating the image of a well-groomed and confident woman, corrects any face shape and flatters the features.
7. Messy Mermaid Blue Pixie. Short pixies dyed in bold colors looks so sassy and bright that you just can’t take your eyes off them!
8. Spiky Gray Pixie. Both front and back view of this pixie look so cool! The hair is voluminous on the top of the head, but in the back it’s very short…with glasses, the look will be perfect and complete!
9. Asymmetrical Blonde Pixie with Bangs. The textured asymmetrical bangs hide the wrinkles on the face, correct the face shape and add some necessary volume to the fine hair.
10. Rainbow Pixie with Glitter. The latest eccentric trends like rainbow hair and glitter also win the hearts of those women at the age of 50 and over, who’re young in spirit.
11. Short Graduated Pixie-Bob. Choppy strands near the face flatter the expressive cheekbones and chin. And the stylish coloring emphasizes the hair texture.
12. Gray Tapered Pixie with Feathered Crown. This cute and sexy haircut gives volume to fine thin hair. In addition, it makes the neck longer, and the face –graceful and young.
13. Short Feminine Bob. An ageless classic style that remains attractive and trendy each season. This hairstyle with graceful and soft layers forms a flattering rounded shape.
14. Pixie with Blue Accents. Even a simple short pixie cut can become special with the help of lovely bright strands.
15. Bob with Balayage. The stacked nape and the contrast between brown and blonde shades create a three-dimensional effect even on thin hair.
16. Sleek Bob for Thick Hair. This back view photo shows how the professional blonde coloring emphasizes the hair density even without an obvious layering in the haircut.
17. Natural Gray Pixie. Bright white or silver hair looks elegant and chic. This pixie is suitable for oval faces, and its version with longer layers on the top of the head – for round ones.
18. Beige Blonde Bob with Bangs. This hairstyle with highlights suits women who prefer short haircuts due to the lack of volume. Full bangs will hide the deep wrinkles on the forehead.
19. Layered Bob for Overweight Ladies. The medium length feathered bob successfully hides all the imperfections and unclear lines of the round face. It’s a gorgeous hairstyle for plus size women.
20. Short Shag Haircut. A shag hairstyle can be sexy, business-like and romantic, depending on the styling option. So, if you’re a bright and mischievous person, feel free to try it!
21. Blonde Layered Bob. The bob is a versatile haircut since it looks good with and without bangs, on both straight and wavy hair.
22. Short Undercut Pixie. Such short haircuts for women over 50 suit both perfectly straight and stubborn curly hair. Also, they’re visually slimming!
23. Sleek Inverted Bob. The haircut looks especially pretty and harmonious on highlighted blonde hair. The asymmetrical element flatters most faces, but especially those that have an obvious asymmetry that needs correction.
24. Contrasting Choppy Pixie. A bold choppy pixie with highlights is the right choice for women 50 plus who want to create stylish and active images.
25. Charming Boyish Cut. It has a pronounced rejuvenating effect, since it visually makes the contours of the face clearer, and the cheekbones – more lifted.
26. Layered Hairstyle with Swoopy Bangs. Such an elegant layered haircut gives the necessary volume to the hair that can lose its original appearance over the years.
27. Silver Bob with Lilac Lowlights. Embrace your natural gray hair with pretty and feminine violet strands, and make your new hairstyle glow with youth and grace!
28. Super Short Haircut. Slender women who’ve managed to keep the girlish figure look attractive with stylish short “boyish” haircuts. These add a bit of sass to the elegant images.
29. High-Contrast Choppy Pixie. A choppy cut shows off the high-contrast coloring that brightens the eyes. And a shorter cut certainly accents the face shape.
30. Spiky Dark Ash Blonde Pixie. This messy haircut allows creating a perky, bright and stylish look that really works its rejuvenating miracles!
31. Very Short Curly Pixie. The highlight of this haircut is a harmonious combination of boyish courage with French feminine charm.
32. Gray Bob with Dark Roots. The staked bob is a dainty, casual and low-maintenance haircut. Besides, the dark roots make the silver color look more well-groomed and young.
33. Blonde and Copper-Brown Stacked Bob. A short, dense bob with such a noble coloring beautifully opens the neck, collarbones, and frames the cheekbones. It looks very feminine and chic!
34. Messy Rose Gold Pixie. This popular coloring trend is amazing on short haircuts and really refreshes the looks of older women.
35. Pixie with Side-Swept Bangs. Such a sexy haircut is flattering for different face shapes including oval, oblong round, and square faces.
36. Pixie for Plus-Size Women. Add more volume at the crown, make choppy bangs, and the imperfections caused by extra pounds won’t be so visible.
37. Elegant Pixie on Dark Hair. The natural chocolate color together with a slightly ruffled hairstyle can visually make the face look slimmer and “lighter”.
38. Asymmetrical Bob Back View. The undercut bob with a slightly descending bottom delicately accentuates the V-cut nape and builds a futuristic hairstyle that remains present-day but doesn’t go overboard.
39. Black and White Short Cut. There is an extravagant coloring option for women who aren’t afraid of bold and provocative images – a black undercut with overlapping white crown and bangs. Together it looks so modern and youthful!
40. Short Brunette Cut with Colorful Bangs. Despite their length, short hairstyles for women over 50 provide a great deal of creativity. Diversify them with colorful mermaid strands!
41. Graduated Bob with Blonde Balayage. Thanks to the texture and shiny highlights, this hairstyle makes the hair look more voluminous and alive.
42. Chic Blonde Pixie with Glasses. This pixie flatters the delicate features and looks especially great on fine thin and straight hair. Rock your look with glasses, earrings and other accessories.
43. Stacked Bob with Subtle Highlights. Lowlights and highlights will naturally hide the undesirable gray hair and visually add some density.
44. Simple but Relevant Pixie. With the pixie cut, you can experiment every day – make a sleek or a messy hairstyle, using different styling products.
45. Classic Stacked Bob. The perfectly stacked and blown out bob with bangs instantly makes the face younger and brings out the eyes.
46. Wake Up and Go Contrast Bob. This short bob is designed for those who don’t have much time for hair styling but still want to look amazing. The longer locks beautifully fall on the face and create the necessary undone feel.
47. Bob for Thick Wavy Hair. The jagged bob with razor cut layers makes the waves beautiful and obedient, shaping the desired silhouette. Embellish it with natural-looking highlights!
48. Shaggy Bob with Longer Sides. This choppy cut with bangs will hide the wide forehead and visually make the round face more oval.
49. Basic Short Gray Pixie. It’s a classy pixie cut that will flatter your face and natural gray hair color – again, a very convenient, low-maintenance, yet stylish hairstyle.
50. Short Feathered Pastel Hairstyle. Who said that women over 50 can’t have fun? If your soul needs magic and a fairy tale, color your hair with unicorn shades, and every day will be fabulous!
Ladies want to stay stylish and spectacular at any age – we carefully choose wardrobe items, taking into account the latest fashion trends, as well as popular treatments. With these short hairstyles for women over 50, you’ll look good and feel even better!