50 Hairstyles for Oval Faces You’ll Be Dying to Try!
You may be surprised, but there are so many flattering haircuts for oval faces. Consider yourself lucky if you have an oval face because you can get away with almost any hairstyle. The key is to make sure the hairstyle you choose doesn’t elongate your face too much.
As you’ll see from the 50 current haircuts below, you have plenty of styles to choose from!
1. Comb Over Textured Haircut. Oval-faced women will love how a comb over draws volume and attention upward.
2. Long Swoopy Layers. The best hairstyles for oval faces are the ones that make you look like you’ve just stepped out of a commercial – like this blonde bombshell.
3. Medium Wispy Shag. Mid-length and short hairstyles for oval faces with bangs are also super cute and chic.
4. Asymmetrical Pixie. Pixie cuts for oval faces that incorporate layers are beneficial for oval faces because of how much movement they bring.
5. Long Wavy Locks. A long oval face looks rounder with straight bangs and voluminous wavy hair.
6. Medium Messy Wavy Hair. Playful wavy layers of medium haircuts for oval faces give a fresh glow-up and flirty vibe.
7. Long Hair with Long Curtain Bangs. Thick hair with an oval face is the most winning combo – if you are blessed to have thick strands and a perfectly shaped face, you’ll probably want to grow your hair out. The long hairstyle with curtain bangs is both romantic and dramatic, ravishing indeed.
8. Asymmetrical Shaggy Cut. If you’re looking for movement and texture you can easily play with, a long bob haircut with an asymmetrical twist is a great option.
9. Dark Brown Short Bob. Short hair for oval faces can look super cute when styled forward onto the forehead and toward the chin, like in this edgy straight hairstyle.
10. Curly Side-Parted Bob. Curly bobs are flattering for oval faces because they add some flattering volume on the sides and the face doesn’t look longer than necessary, especially if you keep your hair chin-length or slightly longer.
11. Cute Medium Shag with Bangs. Some cute medium hairstyles for oval faces use side-swept bangs to make an oval face appear rounder.
12. Long Feathered Layers. If you have an oval face shape, hairstyles that use bangs to cover the forehead and long waves to drape over the shoulders will certainly flatter and stun.
13. Shorter Messy Fine Hair. For fine hair and an oval face, a short messy haircut with choppy bangs is edgy and volume-boosting.
14. Wavy Mane. The wavy haircut with choppy ends is gorgeous for the oval head and makes those brown eyes pop.
15. Long Straight Cut. Straight hair with layers and a side part is always a classic solution easy to style and wear.
16. Centre-Parted Shaggy Bob. A collarbone bob for an oval face is a great choice and it’s easily styled up with piece-y waves if you need a chic look for a date night.
17. Feathered Face-Framing Layers. Long haircuts with several flipped up layers around the face flatter an oval head immensely.
18. Highlighted Shag Haircut. If you’re looking for the best bangs for an oval face, ask your stylist for a shaggy fringe to hide a big forehead.
19. Straight Roots and Wavy Lengths. Make your long thin hair appear fuller with waves – you can easily get these with a curling iron or overnight braids.
20. Voluminous Shorter Shag. Short haircuts for oval faces get their body from a heavy side part and teased roots.
21. Pixie Undercut. A blonde pixie with a super short dark undercut is just the hairstyle you need if you’re going for a bold look.
22. Long Curly Style. Do you have an oval face and curly hair? Keep it long and flirty with a little side bang action.
23. Medium Shag with Curtain Bangs. The shaggy shoulder-length hair with curtain bangs perfectly frames this cute oval face.
24. Short Razored Bangs. We love the way these super short bangs complement the chin-length bob haircut for an oval head.
25. Thin See-Through Fringe. There are many ways to style bangs for oval faces – the thin fringe is effortless and shows off the eyes.
26. Choppy Centre-Parted Lob. An oval head couldn’t get a better frame than the bent waves of the angled lob creating a flirty peek-a-boo look.
27. Wavy Shoulder-Length Hair. For women with wavy hair and an oval face, a side part is a great style secret to flatter both the face shape and hair texture.
28. Short Cut with Body. Upgrade your basic bob haircuts with a new color and comb over styling. This ash blonde hairdo is simply gorgeous!
29. Extra Long Hair with Waves. Soft waves fall beautifully around an oval face in modern long hairstyles with balayage highlights.
30. Thick Messy Curls. If you have an oval face and curly hair, pump up the volume with a heavy side part and use fingers and a bit of product to separate and define the curls.
31. Choppy Boyish Cut. The super short hairstyle with neat sides and back gets an edgy feel from the spiky texture on the top of the head.
32. Angled Bob Blowout. The bob haircut helps to reshape the oval head while the combed over front section makes the fine hair look more voluminous.
33. Swoopy Bangs with an Oval Face. Cover a big forehead with long bangs and blend them into the layers of long thin hair for a fuller, more dynamic look.
34. Asymmetrical Peek-a-Boo Bob. Straight hair with a blunt cut may look simple but it’s low-maintenance and classic.
35. Medium Layered Curly Hairstyle. Oval faced women will love the body of big layered curls in a shoulder-length haircut.
36. Long Wispy Pixie. The short tapered straight hair with wispy uneven bangs is the perfect combination of edgy and chic.
37. Long Choppy Haircut. If you have fine hair with an oval face, create more body with a mixture of choppy layers and loose shaggy waves.
38. Tapered Feathered Pixie. Women with an oval head who are ready to go super short will definitely want to try this cute tapered pixie with a straight wispy fringe.
39. Short Wavy Haircut for an Oval Face. The wavy chin-length haircut flatters the oval face, showing off its delicate shape and beautiful jaw-line. What’s not to love?
40. Medium Razored Cut with Full Bangs. Play with contrasts and pair wispy ends with full bangs. Medium-length voluminous hair is a big YES for oval faces.
41. Layers with a Centre Part. Whether you’re going out or staying in, a semi-straight hairstyle with a centre part is perfect for the occasion.
42. Classy Shaggy Cut. The best haircut for an oval face and medium hair is the one with texture and face-framing layers or long bangs.
43. Short and Simple Hairstyle for Oval Faces. Chin-length styles that take a short styling time in the morning are always good haircuts to try as far as we’re concerned.
44. Highlighted Choppy Cut. The choppy bob with highlights is flirty and complementing for the oval face.
45. Face-Framing Balayage on Long Hair. If you prefer long hairstyles and have an oval face, try one with long layers. Get subtle balayage highlights for the face-framing pieces to neutralize the elongating effect of extra long hair.
46. Short Retro Curls. Pixie haircuts with soft curls look beautiful on a female with romantic or gamine features.
47. Jagged Bangs and Tousled Waves. These cropped bangs for an oval face are ultra mod. Pair them with long tousled waves for a bold contrast.
48. Flowy Locks with Bangs. Long hairstyles for oval faces paired with piece-y bangs and a little curl will have you looking like a supermodel.
49. Peek-a-Boo Bob Shag. One of the sexiest hairstyles for oval faces is the one that blends a mix of uneven choppy layers.
50. Short Haircut with Jagged Ends. The short hair for an oval face is so pretty given caramel blonde highlights and a center part.
When it comes to haircuts for oval faces, there are a few keys to remember: add layers or waves for volume, a side part and bangs help with dimension, and your smile will be the finishing touch to feel stunning!