40 Easy Braided Hairstyles You Can Copy When You’re Out of Ideas
If you are in search of really easy braided hairstyles and simple plaits, look no further, because we have what you are looking for. These braided styles are quick, trouble-free, and very cute. The only thing you will need for these plaits is to know how to master basic braids, i.e. the two-strand braid, the French braid, the Dutch braid, and the Fishtail braid.
So, whether you’re attending a fancy event that calls for a stunning hairstyle or you’re just looking for a way to quickly add a beautiful detail to your look, consider one of these easy braids available for any hair type and length!
1. Half Up Boho Braid. For boho vibes at a wedding or night out, try a cute fishtail crown braid.
2. Easy Loose Ponytail Braid. To get this fancy ponytail braid, make a few ponytails one under another, and pull at each for maximum volume.
3. Messy Crown Braid. If you’re not too familiar with how to braid hair, keep it simple with two low braids that wind up around the head.
4. Thick Low Braid. One of the best quick braid styles is this low two-strand braid for thick hair. Starting at the nape, wind a loose braid with a chunky tail.
5. Easy Minimal Micro Braids. You can pull together these easy braids within minutes by picking a few small sections in the front.
6. No-Problem Wrap-Around Dutch Braids. Be a sexy milkmaid with Dutch braids that are loose and curly.
7. Simple Fluffy Fishtail. A slightly messy braid, like this voluminous side fishtail, is great for a fancy night out look.
8. Easy Braid and a Low Bun. For short hair, turn your look into a beauty with a side braid that feeds into a tight side bun.
9. Braided Wedding Updo. Whether you’re a bridesmaid or the bride, quick braids, like in this elegant braided updo, are a favorite.
10. Voluminous Braided Ponytail. Easy braids to do on yourself include this half fishtail/half bushel braid.
11. Casual Braid for Medium-Length Hair. On hot days, seek out braids for medium-length hair, like this messy boho braid.
12. Thick Rapunzel Braid. Simple fast-braiding hairstyles, like the chunky braid here, are easy and perfect for taming long thick locks.
13. Half-Up Braid for Short Hair. Use a loose fishtail braid to add a dash of romance to your cute short wavy hairstyle.
14. Pretty Quick Braid and Chignon. Looking for elegant braid ideas? This braided chignon is thick and luscious, accented with a printed scarf.
15. Tiered Fishtail Braid. One of the most gorgeous and easy braids for long hair is the tiered fishtail braid.
16. Fast Long Messy Braid. Work in your favorite colored head scarf by winding it in and out of a long loose braid.
17. Simple Diagonal Braid. Simple braided hairstyles are often the prettiest, like this thick diagonal braid updo.
18. Basic Turquoise Braid. We love how this turquoise color breathes summer vibes into a simple loose braid.
19. Easy Bridal Half Updo. Form two simple braids or fancy fishtails on the sides of the head and cross them over and under, then secure. Add hair jewelry.
20. Hats Off to the Braid. To make those easy hair braids pop, wear them with your favorite hat.
21. Simple Side Braid and Knot. Quick braid hairstyles like the side braid with a knot are an easy way to look cute and stylish this season.
22. Easy Wedding Braid. The wedding braid is elegant and even prettier with highlights to show off the texture.
23. Half-Up Braids and Bun. We love medium-length braided hairstyles like this half updo with tiny braids.
24. Easy Office Look. Easy braid styles like this long low ponytail braid can become your favorite office style.
25. Easy Dutch Braid and Pony. The cool blonde look with a Dutch braid makes for a statement style.
26. Sleek Braided Ponytail. The sleek black style can be cool for casual days and fancy for nights out.
27. Effortless Side Twist Braid. Any colorful scarf adds a beautiful pop of color to cute, easy braid hairstyles.
28. Infinity Braid. Infinity braids are another elegant braided style. Leave the end loose and tease it slightly.
29. Curly Coiled Braid. After loading the hair up with tight curls, create a loose braid with fishtail details.
30. Side Fishtail with Tendrils. Show off a long fishtail braid with wavy texture and loose tendrils.
31. Lacy Braided Bridal Updo. For a chic bridal updo, these shapely braids are regal.
32. Curly Crown Braid. Curls and braids combine for a dream hairstyle.
33. Fishtail and Wavy Pony. To get this fancy fishtail braid, you might need to follow a step by step tutorial, but it’ll be worth it!
34. Relaxed Braid and Bun. Secure your loose bun with a regular hair tie and add a ribbon to look even prettier.
35. Poofy Low Twist Braid. The poofy low twisted braid is packed with glorious touchable volume.
36. Fancy Half-Up with Micro Braids. If you’re all about details, you have to try this half-up braid with micro-braids!
37. Messy Low Braid. Twist sections of hair and mix them with a jumbo braid for boho vibes.
38. Simple Pull-Through Ponytail Braid. The pull-through ponytail is a versatile favorite. If you are patient enough to do many of them, you’ll get a cute braid.
39. Simple Braided Mohawk Updo. The teased braid with volume adds an edgy touch to an otherwise elegant updo.
40. Easy Braided Bantu Knots. Let these braided bantu knots express your punchy personality.
Any of these easy braided hairstyles will work wonders to make you feel like a queen. And hey, while those fancy braids with lots of detail and texture are great for glamor, a simple and classy low braid is just as pretty!